It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Star Trek MMORPG 
King

Post Star Trek MMORPG
http://www.perpetual.com/pages/news.html#StarTrek

[quote]PERPETUAL ENTERTAINMENT TO DEVELOP AND PUBLISH STAR TREK® MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME
San Francisco, CA -- September 7, 2004 --

Perpetual Entertainment, Inc. announced today that it has secured the exclusive worldwide rights from Viacom Consumer Products to develop and publish a massively multiplayer online game based on Paramount Pictures’ Star Trek franchise.

Star Trek is one of the world’s most popular, longest-running, and beloved sci-fi properties, with millions of passionately devoted fans throughout the world. As Star Trek celebrates its 38th anniversary, Star Trek gaming begins its next evolution.

The license encompasses all live-action motion pictures and television series including, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. “The scope of the content license is extraordinary for a game of this kind, giving us the opportunity to immerse fans and players in the incredibly rich, diverse and exciting universe of Star Trek,â€

Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

:/ Star Trek? Great....either you get to do the old Star Trek thing, ie, try to kill everything, fail miserably, then negotiate, or, you do the new generation thing, try to negotiate, fail, then try to negotiate and reason some more until everyone is in love. Either that, or if they're cybernetic, kill the crap out of them.

maybe I'm Star Trek jaded, but an MMORPG sounds pretty boring.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bah, I like Star Trek (except for the latest series, I refuse to see even one of the episodes), but I dislike MMO's and almost every Star Trek game to date has been wack.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:49 pm
King

I think this will be one of the best mmorpg out there. I think a Star Trek MMOPG will probably stay close to the ST universe unlike SWG which isnt even close. SOE horrbably ruined SWG. Will have to see what Battle for Middle Earth and Matrix (I think is going to suck ) turn out.

I think a ST mmorpg is very flexable, very flexable story line, and still stay close to the ST world. Star Trek always kinda had a no boundries thing.

EDIT: Besides Ive just about had it with SW games. Their are dozen of SW games too, and only about 2 are really worth a crap.
Tie fighter vs Xing and Battlefront

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]