It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ATTENTION (not a spambot :P) 
Count

Post Re: ATTENTION (not a spambot :P)
Dunno if you all want it or not but I will post it just in case. You can get a free game although not a great new one but whatever at

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-ga ... 1285717206

just hit the buy it button and then enter in the code freeraven and you will be able to download it for free. May not be worth it to you but /shrug I can't resist I love freebies!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am
Minor Diety

Thanks for the tip Shiny! I would download it but I have so many games on my plate that I'm gonna stick with those, since it doesn't seem that interesting to me. :)

Well, first day ends in a few hours. Here's to hoping for the off chance that we win anything from our wishlist. :roll: And we all got one ticket for the super raffle, with Shiny two (Poker at the inventory).

- Coach

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 am
Minor Diety

I'm up to 4 of the achievements already, without buying anything yet.

- Got the steam avatar one
- 10 steam friends one
- New Vegas quest one
- Play the Undergarden demo (was ok, but not a game I'd buy)

So with 4 X 4 of them left and my huge steam library, I'm sure I'll get to 10 easily and qualify for the raffle. :) I may still buy a game here and there when on sale too - tempted by AaAAaAAAAaaaaAA! as I heard many nice things about it, but I'm not sure there's a real storyline and progression. Just beating your own scores etc, which is nice for 30 mins, but after that I don't care. I want a sense of progression. Anyone own and played it?

- Coach

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 am
Felix Rex

I'm up to 3 games. :( I hope there are more game achievements ahead for games I own and achievements I've already gotten. There sure are a ton of indie games being pimped.

The underwater garden thing was pretty dumb. Well, not my style, at least. I could see some people liking it, but I just played it for a bit, got the unlock, and was done.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

same as satis, although i doubt i'll get to 10 without buying games (which probably is one of the goals of this competition)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am
Minor Diety

Probably? ;) More like "definitely"!

I am currently at 9 without buying anything or even making a special effort of any kind. My 100+ steam library is working wonders. I should be at 10 or over tonight, securing my place in the contest. Now I just need to make sure to login at the 20th.

- Coach

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 am
Felix Rex

I'm at 8. I bought shatter because it looked fun. I'll still play it, and at $2.50, why not buy it? I'm still thinking about picking up Black Ops at some point, dunno, but that achievement would take me up to 9. I have no doubt I'll make my 10, maybe even the 15 to get the upgraded TF2 hat. :roll: Not getting the 28 achievement hat, though. Nope, not that lifeless.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's more a matter of being filthy stinking rich than lifeless really. :P To buy every game I meant. I'm sure I'd have the TIME to do everything (they're usually very early/easy achievements), but a) it just doesn't seem very fun to play a game just to grind to an achievement and b) yeah, not gonna buy every game in the contest.

@ buying Shatter: ironically, I feel like the contest is keeping me from buying some of the games. :o It's like...yeah I might be interested in game X at 2 €, but I don't want to feel like I'm a whore to buy it to get the contest achievements/hat. You know?

Point in case: if AAAAAaaaaAAAaaaa!! had been 2€ in a regular steam sale, I probably would have bought it. Now I felt kind of like I was being forced, regardless of my interest - kind of like when you have to read a book at school/college, it's always less fun than when it's a book of equal quality that you chose yourself.

But of course, it's not a rational idea. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:25 am
Felix Rex

Actually, I do understand that and feel some of that myself. On the other hand, this is giving me the chance to pick up some games I didn't even know existed for very little money. The sales should last the whole length of the contest, though, not just 2 days.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Goddamn Satis is getting a sweet deal today...I think he owns JC2 and Metro, and those trailers he can download in 1.5 millisecond. :P

- Coach

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I got 3 of the 4 objectives today. Satis FTW! I have 11 objectives so far. 4 more and I get the next better hat in tf2.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm beginning to think that hat may have sailed for me :P Unless I score big time on the last two events. And I may still buy metro after all...looks great and you recommend it so..

Anyone know if it's enough to just stream those trailers in steam and watch them, or do you have to actually download them?

- Coach

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 am
Felix Rex

You have to download them.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Steam Gimme (formerly known as "Sneak Peek")
Turns out this one is kind of hard to track. All eligible Steam accounts are now entered for this objective. Nice work!

So you can spare your bandwith for other purposes Ox.
I don't see myself getting to 10 btw, at 6 now. Not that i care much. :D

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Minor Diety

Still, if you get to 9 on the final day and there's a game up that even mildly interests you for 2-5€ it may be worth getting it. Kinda like buying a cheap lottery ticket AND getting a game in exchange. :) 100 games here we come! (yeah...probably not :roll: )

Thanks for the heads-up on the sneak peek achievement, that does spare me a few minutes tonight!

- Coach

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next