It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Tom Cruise Raises $1.2M for WTC Workers 
King

Post Tom Cruise Raises $1.2M for WTC Workers
Ok, so after reading the title, you think(like I did) "Hey, yea for Tom Cruise. Im glad to see some postive Hollywood action."

Well then I read the whole story. Link

It's in the last paragraph that I pretty much vomited. Hes raised 1.2 million so they could, take vitamins, sweat in sauna's and workout based on a program that L.Ron Hubbard set up? That is freaking rediculous. Give me a freaking break. Like L Ron Hubbard is the end all be all of the medical proffesion. Tom Cruise only raised money to promote "Scientology", which is about the biggest crock of horse crap around.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I'm no doctor but it still might help people, just because the religion sucks it doesn't mean the man can have some good ideas.

And of course it's a promotion/publicity stunt, i already thought so when i read the topic's title. It sounds a bit late to me as well, those people that would have inhaled toxic materials etc. are already walking around for over 2 years, the damage has prolly been done already. Not that they can't be helped at all anymore of course.
If they had raised money for say "people that suffer for lung-, respiratory-, ... problems due to the environment they worked in, as a profession or voluntary like for the 9-11 workers" i'd be okay with it. But if anybody puts the 9-11 label on it i'm getting very suspicious.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:12 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...watch it with the scientology bashing, i might have a member card...;) DISCRIMINATION!! :/

lol.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:50 am
Minor Diety

meh i dont believe anything celebs do anyway. im sure some of them DO do it coz they're just nice people, but im a cynic when it comes to fame and if you ask me, the ones who dont care about publicity will probably never have their...er...whats the word? damn. but yeah, u'll never hear about it. Whereas the ones you do hear about are probably just doing it coz no one likes their films/songs etc as much as they want and they're only pulling in 2million a week instead of 5.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not really familiar with the Scientology Church, remember reading some of their thought or rules and thinking "crazy morrons". But they're not classified as 'sect' (cult, whatever the word is i'm looking for) are they?

Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:19 am
King

If they had raised money for say "people that suffer for lung-, respiratory-, ... problems due to the environment they worked in, as a profession or voluntary like for the 9-11 workers" i'd be okay with it. But if anybody puts the 9-11 label on it i'm getting very suspicious.

Agreed. Sounded like a free health spa membership to me. A complete joke. He probably donated the whole amount himself with the cash in his pocket.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:06 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]