John Titor 
King

Post John Titor
http://www.johntitor.com/
:shock:

Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Seems like i might have to go through with my secret Siberian lair plan :) :/ I always find these kinda things disturbing. To be honest, as a kid i have been relatively traumitized from reading apocalyptic texts and credos everywhere i could get them. That ticked me off incredibly and cost me a shitty insomnia and deeply imbedded fear, among other, less here to be discussed, tendencies. By now i have obviously learned to get myself over it, because a)i've thought a zillion times that the "end of the world" was there and it was bollocks every time, and b) so what if it is? I'm not gonna be able to stop it.

That always helped me along nicely, even if it's still stirring something buried deep inside me everytime. :/

Erh...so much for confession time, i might just gonna have to delete this if i change my mind sometime soon.

Tnx for the link tho Eleven. :)

P.S. yes, i am aware that he is not prophecizing the "end" as such
P.S. 2 no, i do not have any other bizzare trauma-fears. Well, apart from wasps. :D
P.S. 3 even if he's a poser, he's got the US policies thing right ;)
P.S 4 EDIT: http://www.idlewords.com/weblog.09.2003.html Fun

- Coach

Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:13 pm
Minor Diety

I stopped reading after a few lines. A time traveler from 2036? Come on! Time traveling doesn't only fuck up almost all physical laws, it certainly isn't possible in 2036. :roll:
But I'm sure the same people who believe the NASA never landed on the moon are ready to believe it. :P

Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:30 am
King

You should have kept reading, read the parts where he talks about time travel it self.

Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:44 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I've read a bit of it so far, but i still don't get a few things, maybe just cos i haven't read enough so far but blah:

-> he says his "current" being as a 2-yr old is lying upstairs when he's at the PC. How the fuck did he end up in the house of his parents, sitting in front of their pc? :/ Only logical reasons are a) parents are reeeaaally naive and b)he killed them. :) Any decent american would whip out his shotgun (love sterotypes) when a total stranger came up to their house and said "i'm your 2-yr old son who has travlled in time from the future, but i have no proof whatsoever."

-> why the fuck would he want some electronics from here if he can build a friggin time machine?

- Coach

Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:50 pm
King

Not from here. From 1975 or something. He needed and old IBM machine that could understand basic because Unix has a problem in the furture.

Quote:
The stated reason John was here in our time was to obtain an IBM computer built in 1975 called a 5100. The 5100 does exist and was manufactured and sold by IBM. It is historically remembered as one of the first portable computers ever mass-produced but it arrived before computers were marketed to the public and quickly passed away in the early eighties.

John claimed he was related to one of the IBM engineers or programmers who worked on the 5100 and that's why he was chosen for this mission. By putting the pieces of his posts together, it appears he journeyed to Rochester Minnesota in 1975 (where the 5100 was created and manufactured), met with his relative who worked on the computer, obtained a 5100 from him and had it altered in some way for use in 2036.

John mentions that the 5100 had some sort of inbuilt ability to translate computer languages that was unknown or unpublished before 2036. The computer would then have been used back in his time to translate or fix broken computer systems.

Based on his explanation, it would appear there must have been an easier way to solve this problem in 2036. If you can travel in time, why go back for a piece of old technology that we find useless? This may seem logical until you realize that even today, NASA scours the Internet looking for old computer parts to keep their systems running.

What may be more interesting is the fact that John had a consistent reason he was willing to discuss for being here at all.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:08 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Quote:
By putting the pieces of his posts together, it appears he journeyed to Rochester Minnesota in 1975 (where the 5100 was created and manufactured), met with his relative who worked on the computer, obtained a 5100 from him and had it altered in some way for use in 2036.

Aight then, but it still doesn't explain how he managed to convince his relatives that he was a time-traveller and their relative, as he wasn't even conceded back then.

Besides, the major point is: a time-travel device would be so powerful that it'd be abused by every single human with acces to it. Said something stupid to your g/f? Hup in the time machine! ;) Any human with acces to a time-travelling machine would start abusing it. That's just the way mankind works. :)

- Coach

Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:03 pm
King

I read somewhere that he said his parents just knew it was him. I mean after all, most of you look like someone else in our families. Plus, if he knocks on the the doors and says hey listen to this and start talking about their lives Im sure that would get their attention. I mean think about how much you know about your family that your closes friends dont even know.

I one thing I found to be a little far fetch , beside the whole time travel thing, was that he was in a "Shotgun Bridgade" during the civil war. Now, that sound kinda dumb to me. A whole brigade of shotguns...who if faced even a platoon of riflemen with M-240's or m-16's would get slaughtered.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:43 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Sounds like a lot of bollocks if you ask me.

I'm not a time-travel expert, but i'd think that you're not supposed to meet your own parents or yourself.
Just some weirdo with way too much time and a huge imagination prolly.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:05 pm
Duke

Well, the biggest bullshit on there to me is the primary reason he is on the mission. This laughable explanation:
Quote:
This may seem logical until you realize that even today, NASA scours the Internet looking for old computer parts to keep their systems running.

assumes that that is the only way NASA can get those parts. Bullshit. That is the cheapest way. Period. NASA could make those parts themselves, but it would expensive to create the facilites they need for only a few parts. Bah.

They can invent a time machine but cannot reverse engineer a computer language? Bah.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King

Well that quote wasnt from John its from the guy that made the website about him. In his time, there is no NASA.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:21 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Well, there should be an organization far more advanced than NASA eh, i don't think NASA built time machines just yet. A military organization of some sorts with the influence, knowledge and means to restrict the use of the machine would be required. That would seriously pwn NASA.

And yeah, lol@ the shotgun brigade...they'd prolly shoot more of their own guys in their backs than hit an enemy. Mm, i better make sure i'm a veteran by 2014, cos they get to stay in the back lines in every decent army. :D

- Coach

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:36 pm
Duke

I know 11B, but his quote or not, there is no logical reason for him needing that computer.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King

I know 11B, but his quote or not, there is no logical reason for him needing that computer.

Do you have a computer at your house that understands basic? Do you know where to find a computer that understands basic?

Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

This is too much of a warp for me at the time being.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next