It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
RANT 
Knight

Well, you explain that to the Puppetmaster then, he was the one who told me about it. ;) :P

I will, I own his azz when it comes to LOTR anyway. NOt that that's somethign to be proud of :? , but things are like they are...

Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:43 am
Minor Diety

I always thought dwarves to be selfish but not cowardly.

Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:55 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

the way saruman was handled was terrible, but it'd probably pop up in the extended version. :?

Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:28 am
Minor Diety

I thought the elephant trick was too cheasy, but I wasn't as disappointed with the Saruman cut out as I espected. I was afraid they would have had the Palantir out altogether.
And I missed Denethor's Palantir, without it Denethor just seems an evil bastard, in the book you understand why he doensn't want to fight.

Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:00 pm
Minor Diety

The bit where Gandalf beats up Denethor was a bit much to me aswell. I dont think that happened in the book. I thought, "for gods sake, hes a damn Steward of Gondor, show him some respect!".

Yes the Palantir would have made Denethors position clearer.

Yes the elephant stunt was a bit crap. I know Elves are fearless but they are not stupid!

Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:31 am
Emperor

by the way, i got the 2towers extended version for christmas and one of the extra scenes is called the final tally or something:

legolas:i got 42.
gimli:(looking smug sitting on a dead orc)well, i got 43!

legolas looking pissed off shoots arrow into orc gimli is sitting on, right between his legs in fact..

legolas:the orc was moving, thats makes 43.
gimli:(angry voice)of COURSE it was moving, my axe is still imbedded in its head!!

(gimli moves axe around like a rudder, orcs legs twitch wildly)

of course, you have to see it for the true comedy moment :roll: but it proves ox's friend right.

gimli did win by 1. :)

Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:45 am
Minor Diety

W00000tag! That'll show all you dwarven-haters! :P

And wtf are you guys talking about with Dethenor; did he have a globe thingie too, was he a slave of the big eye? :/

- Coach

Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:19 pm
Minor Diety

He also has a Palantir, yes, Denethor isn't a servant of Sauron too, but the stones are linked to each other, so if someone looks in one of the stones Sauron sees that too, and can manipulate the view if he is stronger. You can imagine Sauron having a lot stronger mind then Denethor, so he only showed Denethor masses of orcs, making Denethor believe that everything was hopeless anyway.

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:29 am
Minor Diety

So; who has them stones then? The eye thing, the wizard-gone-bad, and the boss of the big city? And, what did the hobbit (Pippin?) that held the globe see then?

And why doesn't Gandalf use magic to crush the orcs in the battle? I mean, he's like a lvl 34 sorcerer or summit, can't he cast a dragon's breath? ANd why doesn't the eye have super-orcs like the wizard-gone-bad? Can't he get his "recipe"? after all, the wizard is his bitch. :/

And, someone told me that Gandalf is wearing a ring of the elves, but Gandalf isn't an elf is he? :/ And wouldn't that make him automatically Da Man over the wizard-gone-bad? COs he doesn't have one.

Wtf is up with the wizards btw? where do they come from? Can a hobbit be a wizard? Can an orc be a wizard? What's up with the orc leader's head, he's got like a huge cancer swell on his head, can't be healthy.

Answer that LOTR-dudes. :P :)

- Coach

Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:08 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, Gandalf's power is a mistery for me as well, the Encyclopedia of Arda says he was more powerfull then he ever displayed on earth, but then why doesn't he use it? My link says where the stones are by the way.

The "wizard gone mad" (Saruman) is the strongest of the wizards, the ring doesn't help much, stop thinking in D&D terms might help you. :roll:

The wizards come from Valinor, and they are not men or elves or something like that, but Maiar, just taking the form of aged men. So a Hobbit or Orc can't become a wizard, they're far too weak.

Saruman was only pretending to work for Sauron, instead he wanted to find and use the ring himself, so I doubt he would ever give the "recipe" for the Uruk-Hai to Sauron.

And that orc certainly isn't healthy. :P

P.S. Before you start asking what Maiar are or what Valinor is, search this site, everything I say I get from there, saves me some typing. :wink:

Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:35 pm
Minor Diety

I can never stop thinking in D&D terms man, that's the only way mates can explain LOTR to me! ;) Hehe, tnx for the explanation nonetheless.

The reason why i asked about Gandalf cos i read somewhere that he made a promise to someone not to use his magic, beats me who, why and when tho. Aha, found it: "Gandalf couldn't use his magic as he was forbidden by Manwe" Who??! :/

So, the wizard-gone-mad (hehe) was strong enough to fool the big eye and pretend to be his servant? That must make him a pretty bad-ass biatch. You would almost wonder why he gets whacked by walking trees if he's so hard. But then again, it was a supersurprise attack in the back while his real army was at Helm's Deep, i guess. But, since the super-orcs own the regular orcs, wasn't the army in Helm's deep way stronger than the orc army in the third movie? (not counting the elephants, pirates and nazgul)

I checked for who owned the stones in your link, but i only saw some crazy names that didn't seem familiar. :D

- Coach

Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:15 pm
Minor Diety

Manwe, that's some form of god (the highest on earth although not the highest of all, and Tolkien doesn't call them gods).

The army at Helm's Deep was a lot smaller then the one at the Pelennor Fields, at Helm's Deep there were 10,000 on the Pelennor Fields there were maybe a 100,000, so that makes the difference, and off course the pirates and the guys on the Elephants (or Oliphaunts, or Mumakil).

Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:20 pm
Minor Diety

Well, ok. But i still don't get why they don't just gate in a demon or summon an elemntal prince to whack the orcs, they prolly don't have more than +1 weapons anyways. :/ ;)

the eye: lvl 500 cleric/mage
Aragorn: lvl 50 ranger
Legolas: lvl 40 archer
Gimli: lvl 40 berserker
Gandalf: lvl 100 sorcerer
wizard-gone-bad: lvl 101 sorcerer
Eowyn: lvl 25 fighter
Liv Tyler: lvl 80 cleric/fighter
Frodo: lvl 1 fighter/thief
Ents: lvl 50000000 tree
Sword of Aragorn: +25 two-handed sword, can cast dominate undead once a day and has a +5 to hit bonus against orcs and undead
Sword of Hobbits: +15 shortsword, +500 vs. orcs
Boss of nazguls: lvl 100 lich necromancer
Agent Smith: lvl 80 diviner/cleric
Merry& Pippin: lvl 10 fighter/thieves
Boromir: lvl 35 fallen paladin
Faramir: lvl 30 paladin
Theodon: lvl 20 french-fry bakes
Sam: lvl 50000000 cocksucker

- Coach

Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:35 pm
Minor Diety

But Sauron is a lot more, I'ld make him lvl 400 mage, lvl 50 necromancer, lvl 50 shapeshifter and I also consider him making smith of some level (making the rings), and perhaps even a bard, because he puts a fair face to convince a human nation (Numenorians, the Gondorian's forefathers) to invade the land of the gods (talk about hubris :? )

Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:44 pm
Emperor

Well, ok. But i still don't get why they don't just gate in a demon or summon an elemntal prince to whack the orcs, they prolly don't have more than +1 weapons anyways. :/ ;)

the eye: lvl 500 cleric/mage
Aragorn: lvl 50 ranger
Legolas: lvl 40 archer
Gimli: lvl 40 berserker
Gandalf: lvl 100 sorcerer
wizard-gone-bad: lvl 101 sorcerer
Eowyn: lvl 25 fighter
Liv Tyler: lvl 80 cleric/fighter
Frodo: lvl 1 fighter/thief
Ents: lvl 50000000 tree
Sword of Aragorn: +25 two-handed sword, can cast dominate undead once a day and has a +5 to hit bonus against orcs and undead
Sword of Hobbits: +15 shortsword, +500 vs. orcs
Boss of nazguls: lvl 100 lich necromancer
Agent Smith: lvl 80 diviner/cleric
Merry& Pippin: lvl 10 fighter/thieves
Boromir: lvl 35 fallen paladin
Faramir: lvl 30 paladin
Theodon: lvl 20 french-fry bakes
Sam: lvl 50000000 cocksucker

LMAO!!!!!!!!! :D

Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next