It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
+++++NO MORE SADDAM!!!+++++ 
Minor Diety

It's pretty much impossible to get Saddam a fair trail, if it's held in iraq it's obviously not fair, dunno what other options are left.

About his shelter: I've heard that he just hid there if he knew there was danger to be found or if he got warned that americans were near. He had a place in the house where he would eat and sleep when the coast was clear. So i don't think he spent THAT much time underground in that little hole. He had pretty decent food btw, sausages and such, even mars.

btw did you hear that story about how he said: " I'm saddam houssain president of iraq and i want to negotiate" and some american soldier said: President Bush sends his regards or says hello or something, dunno the exact words anymore. My immediate reaction on that story was: yeah right, nice story to put in the paper but not true.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:56 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
does anyone else think that the timing of it was all a tad fishy?

i.e right slap in the middle of prime time viewing, and at a point where both blair and bush needed a nice little boost in the popularitiy stakes...

if i were a suspicious bastard i'd say that they have had him locked up for a while ready to bring him out when they needed it.

*cough*

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:50 am
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:53 am
Felix Rex

omg, you guys are getting a bit too conspiratorial, IMO. What may have been prime time to you guys was 3am to us. And contrary to popular belief, I think Bush could use the popularity boost more than Blair, since American soldiers are doing all the dying.

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wonder how they're going to trail him though.

aw i cut my finger now i'm bleeding all over my (gf's) keyboard :cry:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:02 am
Minor Diety

No exceptions, I think that it would be better to perhaps apply the sentence that might fit the person, no point letting an islamic extremist die if the other extremists believe that this will turn him into a martyr, I think that would depend on the person rather than the standard punishment.

For me, fairness overrules consequence.

Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:08 pm
Minor Diety

I think its lucky beacuse it happened just before Xmas, no doubt it will have a part to play in consumer spending.

Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:11 pm
King

Mostly your soldiers cause the most friendly casualties :P

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:00 am
Minor Diety

Us troops seem to be trained to be a bit too trigger-happy.

Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:44 am
Minor Diety

Pig, you made an excellent point there. I'm still against capital punishment, but it's true that in some cases there isn't anything to say pro not-killing a person.

Can somebody tell me if "standard" (don't mean to be macabre here) murders, passion crimes and such, also get a person death row in the US? Or is it specifically intentional/brutal/multiple murder and the likes?

- Coach

Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:37 pm
Felix Rex

crimes of passion don't typically get death row. Depends on how crappy your lawyer is. Also depends on the state, since not all US states have the death penalty. Texas does. :twisted:

Usually the death penalty is reserved for particularly heinous crimes. I did a bit of poking around, but really lack the desire to read law and figure out precisely which crimes qualify for the death penalty. :/ Murder does.

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

I dunno about the rest of the US, but vanilla murder does not result in the death penalty.

Here's something completely f'ed up from my home state though:
http://www.komotv.com/kenschram/story.asp?ID=28842

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

lol. Sounds like I should move to Washington if I ever decide to rape babies. :P

And yea, normal murder usually doesn't get you death... first degree murder where you like chopped off someone's head and ate it would. Or got filmed running over your husband in an SUV (five times). Or killed a cop.

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, that's a pretty fucked up case. :roll:

Tnx for the info about the death penalty stuff dudes, suspected as much.

- Coach

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:18 pm
Minor Diety

What would you get when you kill and eat someone (and taped it) that asked you to do it?

There is a case running about that in Germany, but there cannibalism isn't illegal.

Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next