It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Discworld 
Minor Diety

Post Discworld
Ok well Loki suggested it so here we are, a Discworld thread!

And I wanna complain! lol. Terry was supposed to be signing his new book at Waterstones Book Shop in Hull a few fridays back, and i wasn't going to be able to get there coz I was gonna be at Mole's. But you could ring and reserve a signed copy. Clever me lost the number so I couldn't reserve one. But then it turned out Terry was ill that week and didn't go to any signings! Doh!

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh...since poor Pev's topic is apparently sliding away in non-replyness i figured i'd make a statement here. ;)

Discworld ownz u! :) Read the first 6 volumes by now, and i must say that not any of them ever bored me. Painful as it may be to admit that Pev has good taste. :P

Anyhoo..let's hope Loki payes more than an occasional visit. :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:10 am
Super Moderator

Oh - just saw the coolest Terry Pratchet [sp?] quote yesterday. My sister plays summer soccer with a friend of mine for the Auckland University's Geography Department team - his mum is a senior tutor - my dad used to be a senior lecturer. Anyway - their team Tshirt has the national geographic symbol on the front - but with Geography Association instead of National Geographic - And this quote on the back....

"Geography is simply physics slowed down with a couple of trees stuck in it"

:D

Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:04 pm
Man at Arms

Post Not much to say
I really have nothing of importance save that I have his new book. Its title I cannot remember and I am too lazy to get up and get it. :P

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol crap i forgot what his new book is called too. and which book is that quote in?! that's gonna bug the hell out of me...guess i'll have to read them all to find it ;) hehe. then again Pratchett has many good quotes.

reminds me ox, whenever you're finished send my books back and i'll send you the next lot lol

Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Man at Arms

Post The Title of the Blasted New Book
Got the title now, and it is:

"Monstrous Regiment"

Since it does not seem like a Rincewind book, I am probably just going to look it over.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
King

I'll probably get that for chrimbo. Are any of you on the Yahoo Discworld group?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:54 am
Man at Arms

Besides from Terry's new book, what else to say?
Terry seems to be slowing down the rate of Discworld books coming out, and almost none of them (the new ones) don't have Rincewind.
It's a conspiracy!

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

night watch is apparently how Vimes got into the Watch. and can apparently be confusing.

Terry isn't slowing down at all, he's releasing a new discworld book every May and every November. Nightwatch last Nov, Wee Free Men last May and now Monstrous Regiment. (out in oct actually but ;)).

no i'm not a member of the yahoo discworld group, what's the link? i do get a monthly discworld e-mag type thing though that's quite cool

Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:49 am
Profile WWW
King

On yahoo? cos that's it I'm not sure if the discworld site is up yet last time I checked I got a pic of BS Johnson

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:52 am
Minor Diety

Dunno if this is interesting information for anyone but since i was bored and i was just surfing the net i stumbled onto this: http://discworld.imaginary.com:5678/

Maybe someone is interested, maybe not. In case your wondering: it`s a discworld MUD i believe.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:22 pm
King

Nice that will get true discworld fans to play on

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]