It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Pictures 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pictures
As much as I kind of respect it, it also really sounds like it sucks. :P I mean, sure, you don't need to take 60 days of a year like your eurotrash colleagues, but at least it should be ok to take the relatively little paid leave you have without being shamed for it. Especially when you work weeks like that.

I have a similar problem with the French HR of my employer...I swear they're off 4 months a year. Every time I try to contact them I get an OOO reply. But I guess if anyone knows all the loopholes an entitlements it's HR right...

Not that they deserve it - they've done a pretty shitty job trying to help to resolve my situation. Did it all myself. Anyway, I'll be on the same payroll soon probably, getting paid like an actual employee with all the perks and benefits. Gonna be taking a lot of paid leave then. 8-)

- Coach

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 pm
Felix Rex

Hehe, nice. Might as well enjoy it if you've got it. My experience with HR is similar to yours... when they want something, you better get it to them. As soon as you ask something, though, they're completely incapable of doing anything productive.

I wanted to get a reserved parking space recently because Shiny and I bought a 3rd vehicle and someone managed to scratch it within the first 2 weeks (cockheads). So I emailed one of our HR people... took her 3 days to send an email back saying to contact a different person. She CC'd the other person on that email. So I waited 2 days to see if that person would actually respond on their own... of course they did not. So I contacted them and the response was essentially no, can't help you. Typical. Like saying no takes a freaking week. Worthless fuckers.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha yes, exactly my experience. There's people at HR who I have emailed directly with a very clear yes/no question, and sent (nice) follow-ups to after they didn't reply for a week. Still waiting for a reply from some of them. Not even an acknowledgement or a "this is not my problem", just no reply. Da fuq.

They're lucky they work in a different country from me, because I would have made a scene if I was working there. :lol:

- Coach

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 am
Felix Rex

Heh. Funny follow up story... I was very loudly bitching about this situation with my co-workers and within a week, my boss suddenly came up with a contest for us to compete for a reserved parking space. I of course dropped everything and immediately completed the contest, so now I have a reserved parking space until the beginning of October. Coincidence? Probably not. But appreciated. My boss can be a total douche, but at the same time he can be pretty cool. Kinda like me, I think. :roll:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha your boss does sound pretty clever at the very least!

As for being a douche...I think that goes for interesting people in general. The nicest, least offensive person in the world is not very likely to surprise you with something, simply because they don't want to step on anyone's toes. It's unfortunately for them also the reason why assholes tend to get more out of life than them. Something that becomes very clear in my profession...it's the incessant, whiny, pedantic assholes who usually end up getting what they want (a refund). Even if they don't have a leg to stand on. They just wear you out after a while.

- Coach

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Felix Rex

Ah man, the whiney fucks are the ones I go out of my way to screw over. Must just be me.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah, but they have a lot of consumer organisations they can complain to and usually do so when they're that obstinate and persisent. When it gets to that point my employer usually just prefers to flop over and give them what they want (if remorely reasonable) to avoid bad publicity or a lawsuit. They would easily win the lawsuits, but it's not worth the time and bad publicity for them. So yeah, that sucks. :-(

- Coach

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
Makes sense if you're a group of driven professionals though...I often find myself bored at work not because I'm too lazy to do anything, but because I've finished everything for the day and am just waiting for other less competent departments and colleagues to catch up.

I think i'm lucky because I like my job. 8 months in and by now, i normally see where the cracks are and know if i want to stay or go. It's been "fun" since day 1. Plenty to learn and lots of challenges. I've also got a little side-project for the backburner which feels like a growing passion. Can't complain at all right now!

Just come back from a 3 day business trip to Belgium. Was just a confence and this time I didn't have to deliver anything, so it was great. The beer was amazing. Drank nothing but Leffe Brown. I could swim in that stuff.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm
Felix Rex

huh, funny. I was just in Antwerp from October 2nd to October 5th. Indeed, good beer. I had a bit more variety though. Westmalle Trappist Dubbel, Bolleke De Koninck, Seef, Julius 54bc, Tripel Karmeliet, Grimbergen Blonde, Vedett Extra Blonde, Cristal, De Koninck APA, Jupiler, Corsendonk Blonde, Corsendonk Pater Dubbel and Tripel d'Anvers. Of those, the Corsedonk Blonde was my favorite, but many of the others were really good and none of them were terrible.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Looks like I went to the wrong place with the wrong crowd!

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, sucks that I couldn't be there either! What a clankiller reunion that would have been hahaha.

@ Satis, all good beers, but I love me some Seefbier especially! Nice cloudy buckwheat beer, very refreshing. But yeah, it's hard to find a shitty beer in Belgium that is actually sold in bars. You can find plenty of shitty beer in supermarkets and wholesale places, but most bars know that you can't afford to serve that shit to customers given the general level of quality.

- Coach

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 am
Felix Rex

haha, yea. The Julius 54bc actually came from a super market, but it was fine. A bit hoppy/bitter, but whatevs.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Where are the pictures you took on your trip man? We're still waiting! At least I am. :P

- Coach

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 pm
Minor Diety

Still waiting for those pics son...

- Coach

Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:38 pm
Felix Rex

Ok, ok, how about some pics?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next