It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Pictures 
Felix Rex

Post Alabama beach
Here's some pics and stuff from the beach we went to in Alabama. It was a very enjoyable weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pictures
Looks great. I want to be on that beach.

Did you really type that pic comment yourself btw :lol:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:17 am
Minor Diety

Looks really nice! I somehow didn't associate Alabama with sandy beaches and a blue ocean, but shows how much I know. Is the water warm? Did you go swimming in it at least?

Looking good too, staving off that baldness for another year at least. ;-)

- Coach

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:03 am
Felix Rex

heh... I totally typed that pic comment myself. :mrgreen: And yea, the water was warm. I did spend some time in there, though it was cut short at one point when we had some close encounters with jellyfish. :roll: It was a very relaxing time. Not much in the way of nightlife, but that's what Netflix and lots of booze is for.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hey man, the older you get, the more you appreciate staying in, having beers and watching a movie/gaming. At least I do. :P Can't be arsed to drag myself to a club and pay for expensive drinks (from a limited menu) surrounded by idiots. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:25 pm
Felix Rex

So, the craft beer craze is still in full swing in the ol' USA... finding bars with literally dozens of beers on tap is not difficult. So, limited selection not such an issue most of the time. The flip side is you have to deal with douchebags, but hey, whatever.

Since this is the picture thread, here's a pic of me with my new hair. I got it dyed blue recently. It's something I'd wanted to do for decades... finally said screw it and got it done. Other things on display... my Star Wars obsession... Darth Vader and a Sarlacc Pit, as well as a friendly satanic poster. To the right you can see a portion of the pile of burned out electronics from my lightning strike. :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Looking surprisingly good! :lol: Not much of a flashy hair kind of guy, but you pull it off pretty well.

Question: is that Darth Vader statue small and right behind you or very large and very far behind you? :P

- Coach

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 pm
Felix Rex

He's pretty large... about 4 feet tall. :) So not quite full sized, but more than half.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So....a midget Darth Vader? :) Had some people visiting me recently and went for an excursion on the islands with them. Some pics. :-)

- Coach

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 am
Felix Rex

that looks really awesome. I love the color of the water.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

squidger...

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:23 pm
Minor Diety

Nice pics, hope you enjoy life as a dad.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Minor Diety

She looks pretty mischievous :) She's growing fast!

- Coach

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:13 pm
Felix Rex

Post Thanksgiving 2018
For Thanksgiving, Shiny and I always leave town. This originally stems from one year attempting to do 3 Thanksgivings with family and it turning into such a clusterfuck we chose to never do it again. This year we knew we had to do something that brought the dogs with us, but we also wanted to go do something different. We ended up leaving after work on the day before Thanksgiving and driving ~ 6 hours to Amarillo.

The next day we drove 6 more hours to Denver, CO, where we spent a few days. Though we've been through Denver numerous times for snowboarding, we'd never actually stayed there. It was actually really cool. Lots of breweries, an interesting downtown area, lots of homeless (ugh)... it was actually really fun. Even if some homeless guy decided to yell, scream, and bang on a metal pole for a couple hours one night.

Following the stay in Denver, we next drove up to Breckenridge (a ski town). That was only a 2 hour drive or so. While still in Denver, we saw some really drunk guy swerving all over the highway and ricochet off the retaining wall a few times. That was fun. He hadn't managed to hit anyone else by the time we left him behind. In Breck we hit the local brewery a few times, got lots of food, and even went snowboarding at one point... sorta. Let's say that didn't last very long... getting old sucks. Next time I go, I'll need to make sure I'm in much better physical shape than I am right now. Still, it's a beautiful town and everything was covered in snow. Seeing as snow isn't something we see in Dallas very often, it's a nice change.

After Breckenridge, we next drove down to Albuquerque New Mexico, which is roughly another 6 hour drive. I have some family there we visited and we got a odd little house downtown. We hit another brewery and some bars, got some food, and visited with my family. When we got to the place, we were a bit unhappy because the road to our house was completely blocked off. After practically circling around it looking for a way in, we moved the barricade and just drove in to the chagrin of a guy that was hanging out in there. Turns out they were filming a Netflix tv show on our street. That's cool and all, but after a 6 hour drive we weren't really in the mood. Everything turned out ok, but that was certainly a bit frustrating. Pictures with more info below.

Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

More pictures because apparently it goes retarded after a bit.

Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next