It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Pictures 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pictures
Nice pics! I loved the Denver ones in particular, but the desert is strangely appealing too. :o

I'm guessing the Netflix show is a zombie one? Daybreak, golfcart with spikes and pitchforks?

Isn't weed legal in Denver (or rather Colorado) too btw? I know they have a lively beer scene and had a few beers from there, so I'm pretty jelly.

I have some pics from my two weeks in Belgium, I'll post them as soon as I get them off my phone.

Also:

- Coach

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 am
Minor Diety

Pics:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:52 am
Minor Diety

more

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 am
Felix Rex

Cool pics. I love the old castle crap. BTW, I have no eastern european ancestors. That's Shiny. :wink:

To answer your question, yes, marijuana is legal in Colorado. It was the first state in the US to legalize recreational cannabis. Many more have followed since, but not Texas. Also our federal government is ridiculous and still has it classified in the same way as heroin and cocaine. Stupid backwards douchebags. Ah well.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ah shit, sorry I got confused by your super Eastern European first name. :P Fingers crossed for Texas jumping on the weed bandwagon then!

Some winter pics from Malta and Finland, from various hikes and bike rides.

- Coach

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 am
Felix Rex

Very interesting selection of pics. Snowy cold and ... maybe warm? I suppose that could be an illusion. Regardless, they're both very nice. I could use a vacation.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha yeah sorry about that. It was indeed warm in most of the Malta pics. 21 degrees celsius in February isn't too bad. :P To be clear, that was pretty exceptional even in Malta, but in Belgium that would be the warmest February in recorded history haha. All depends on what you're used to.

Got any holiday plans? Ever since I started working freelance and from home I haven't done any real holidays except for those where I visited friends/family abroad while working during the day. So barely have any holidays, unfortunately. But I want to get as much money out of this job in the shortest amount of time as possible so I can maybe afford a house at some point. We'll see. :-)

I really should take advantage a little bit more of my situation. I saw that you can get an Airbnb apartment in Prague for about 300 euros for a whole month. And as long as I have good and stable internet I can do that just fine, and explore the city in the evenings and weekends. Not the worst plan I ever had. I'd visit Shiny and you but the time difference wouldn't make that feasible unless I worked through the night. So maybe once I'm employed and have paid leave again. ;-)

- Coach

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:18 pm
Felix Rex

dude! No excuses. Visit us. We're actually on vacation this weekend (easter). We're currently at a beach house in Galveston. Wish you were here. :)

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha enjoy!

Well my excuse is that I haven't had a real holiday (ie non working one) in about 2 years, except for a family christmas visit haha. So basically my "excuse" is that I have as much leave as your average American. So no excuse at all in your book. :P

- Coach

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:28 am
Felix Rex

l.ol, yea, no excuse. I actually lost vacation... my company decided to change our vacation allotment. Right-size I believe is the word. I used to have 25 days per year, plus 6 sick days (which you're technically not supposed to use unless you're sick but.... pffft). I now have 20 days, including sick days. Pretty freaking lame shit. On the flip side, I got a raise recently. Still waiting to hit 6 figures though...

Anyway, I treasure my vacations. I'm not getting any younger. Need to enjoy this shit while I'm still mobile. :roll:

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Last week my company removed holiday caps altogether.

#brag

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:39 am
Minor Diety

How does that work? You can take as much leave as you want, it's just unpaid? :P

Or you can take all of your paid leave in one go, without having to break it down into smaller breaks?

- Coach

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:21 am
Minor Diety

You can take as much paid leave as you like (so long as it doesn’t impact business/objectives).

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 am
Minor Diety

derf wrote:
You can take as much paid leave as you like (so long as it doesn’t impact business/objectives).

Shit, you're gonna give Satis an aneurysm :lol:

Makes sense if you're a group of driven professionals though...I often find myself bored at work not because I'm too lazy to do anything, but because I've finished everything for the day and am just waiting for other less competent departments and colleagues to catch up. Might as well use that time for personal time. I mean, I work from home, so there are a few things I can do on a slow day that help me around the house, but I can't just head for the beach either. :-(

- Coach

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm
Felix Rex

Ugh, bastard. Actually my company has a presence in Europe which quite often ends with a custom complaining about some problem, then immediately going on vacation for 2 weeks so we can't actually fix anything until they're back. Or some of our employees over there will cause a problem, then immediately go on vacation. It happens so often it's become a joke.

We in the US, of course, never go on vacation. :roll: Our vacations don't roll over to the new year if you don't use them all, so some people actually lose days every year because taking time off is frowned upon.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next