It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Art but not 
Felix Rex

Thanks for the positive comments on the story. By request (of someone) I'm posting another one. :P So you nonreaders, you can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Post Re: Art but not
pevil wrote:
lol wanted a thread to go with the art one, but NOT with pictures in here. Interested to know what media you arty types have actually used? here's mine:

What are my tools? Nothing, really nothing but

simple imagination, and
some music editor, I prefer CODAMusic's Finale. It's pretty good if you want to write some Symphony. Hey, I don't kidding here!

Satis wrote:
I'm hating this class already. 61.4% on my first test. I want to murder something. Stupid remote access crap.

*edit*

here's the story I promised.

Return of the J wrote:
Really nice story Satis really nice.

Eh, I'm out of the stuff in this laboratory from where I post now but I'll post here something soon. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Laboratory? What do you do then? Or are you talking about an informatics-lab or so?

The second story is a bit more deeper and confusing to me, prolly because i'm not a master in english and when you're jugling with all kinds of ehm .. things i'm having some problems following the story fluently. My reading style is kinda superficial, i tend not to stay long on one line to think about what the writer exactly means or describes. That's why Tolkien isn't 100% my style, i'm more interested in the story, the real plot, while the settings and stuff are more created in my mind, rather then i need a whole description of them.

i'm babbeling now

~King of Thieves~

Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:50 am
Felix Rex

heheh...no, I understand precisely what you mean. I'm the same way many times, even when I reread my own stuff. Sometimes it's really rewarding to pull apart a piece, though. I'm not necessarily talking about what I do, but stuff like Yeats, or the Decameron. You're kinda forced to with Yeats... it's impossible to understand what he's talking about most of the time without really dissecting everything line by line. :/

Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, my reading style didn't help me very much in my studies on uni either, i often learned too superficial. But whenever i start reading a book (not schoolbook) i just want it to be finished, before i have no rest. Call me impatient or plain weird, but that's just me.

i'm off to a cantus now, gonna get incredibly drunk probably, hopefully not too much of a hangover tomorrow. c u guys in a couple of days prolly.

ps: AND solve that #*ù£$[~@ riddle of gfreeman in bg forum before i come back please :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:12 am
Emperor

Go there at once J! I've not much time left here.

Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Duke

Pencil (dah)
Pen
Charcoal
Chalk Pastels
Oil Pastels
Fine Liner
Textas (to make a picture... was really cool)
Watercolour Paints
Acrylic Paints
Oil Paints
Clay
Plaster & chicken wire

I'm thinking there is more, but can't remember em

Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:37 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:54 am
Duke

lol! oh! I didn't know we were including programs :oops:

I'd have tons more to add then ! :mrgreen: hehehehe

Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:15 pm
Emperor

I have not stuff I mentioned, yet. Dammit needs
CDRW to post some *.mp3. Nevermind, it coming
soon.

Satis, I'd be appreciative if you will try to
read this (it is not pure english). I'm interested
to hear what you have to say about story. I doubt
anyone else want to read this english but link is
accessible to anyone as well.

Rod's story

Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

OK. This is stuff I want to be rated. Keep on mind MIDI reproduction VERY depends on what you have in Sound Card slot.

All this MIDIs are parts of much greater works. (I cutted about 8-12 mins on each work)

And for that mp3, it is recorded on (no-proffesional) SB Live! value.

Anyway, I wish you good mins.

Quote:
op.102 - Symphony no.2, IInd theme of Ist movement [42.4kB]

op.127 - This is more larger work, I got start and end and pasted it, cutting al music between (12mins) [7.08kB]

op.117 - Fantasy no.2, first 1-2 minutes (Fantasy is music form where you can have array of no-much-connected themes) [2.91MB]

op.121 - Introduce & 1st theme introduce [10.3kB]

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

well, though I feel blessed to be presented midis of your work, gfreeman, I'm afaid that my midi bank really does it no justive. :/ If you could render an mp3, that would be much better. Contact me via pm if you need space to host it on... something can be arranged.

And since GFreeman was kind enough to bless us with his musical accomplishments, I thought it appropriate to post my own. :twisted: Unfortuanetly, it's unfinished (as is basically everything else musical I have). You'll have to live with it, I guess.

http://clankiller.com/stuff/unfinished.mp3

*edit* couldn't get the damned attachment to work */edit*

Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

GF, your music sounds cool, especially the last one, but like Satis said, the midi doesn't really flatter it much. :) I sincerely hope you'll mp3 it sometime.

Satis, yours sounded just about how i would imagine a tune made by you hehe. :roll: Which isn't to say it isn't good...i like it. Would be cool as soundtrack for some thriller or some computergame; imho.

- Coach

Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:54 am
Emperor

Lol, thanks for good words. I hope it's not sarcasm :) because then it had not effect because of my en-lack. :twisted:

Satis wrote:
Unfortuanetly, it's unfinished (as is basically everything else musical I have). You'll have to live with it, I guess.

Nah, Satis. There's allways way to continue job. I had times when I hadn't belive in that myself, but it appears to be true.

Anyway, Satis, about your work. I cannot bring so big thing to my home (and I doubt I can hear something in this lab) now. I need 5-6 3.5" disks to transport it to my home and I don't have them. Can you post it in MIDI? I've not proffesional bank as well but I can hear what is about and probably arse you to finish it (unless you want it unfinished). Eh?

Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

unfortuanetly it's not a midi composition. It was made in FLStudio, which is more like mods and XMs (if you've heard of those) than like midi. Basically it's sequenced wav samples, rather than actual music.

What I can do is make a much lower quality mp3. I'll go do that now... will have a new version posted within a few minutes.

*edit* ok, done. Here's the file:

http://clankiller.com/stuff/unfinished2.mp3

please note, I had to do some serious quality reduction to shrink this down to size. It's 973kb (from over 5MB). I had to take it down to 8khz, 24kb/sec mono to get it that small, so the quality REALLY suffered. :) However, it should fit on a 1.44MB floppy with little trouble.

Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next