It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Pressies! 

Pressies :D
Buy them whenever I can 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Buy them coz I'm forced to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Present? What's that? 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

Pressies! 
Minor Diety

you summed it up a hell of a lot shorter than I was gunna

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:02 am
Felix Rex

blah blah blah, thanks for not passing judgement. :/ So... how is smoking life threatening if I'm smoking in open air? IE, not in a restaurant? Well, in some places THAT is illegal.

And are you saying it's the government's right to tell a business that noone is allowed to smoke in it? A much more democratic/business approach would be to not legislate it... places that allow smoking would have some clientele, while places that personally don't allow smoking will have others. Let the populace decide where it wants to eat or whatever. Don't like smoking? Fine, don't go to a smoking restaurant. And I'll go to the no-kids restaurant.

And, lastly, your car is alot more life threatening than my cigarette. The amount of crap it spews into the atmosphere is considerably greater than what I generate with a cigarette (or a pack of cigarettes). I guarantee the smog that many of us are forced to dwell in far outweighs the health-risks of some second-hand smoke.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Woah Sat! Youre feeling way too victimised. I think its time for a ciggie.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:36 am
Felix Rex

Victimized? Not especially. I can go without a cigarette for long enough to eat or whatever. Not a big deal. I just think it's hypocritical, which annoys me.

Everyone seems to focused on the rights of the nonsmokers. What about the rights of smokers? Just like everyone's concerned about the black minority, but could give less of a shit about the white (minority, in Texas) or the hispanic (majority, in Texas). I could go on for awhile, but I'll reign myself in. For the 'land of the free, home of the brave', we sure have alot of freedom-stealing laws. :/

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There are lots of things i think should be banned/imposed but most of which i know the world isnt ready for yet.

I give cigarettes another 100 years max.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:01 pm
Felix Rex

well, that's fine. I personally think they should start legalized stuff. It causes less problems when it's regulated. If the government legalized marijuana, would there be any more marijuana cartels? Not likely. Plus the government could collect huge amount of tax, mass produce it (giving struggling farmers something new to grow), and probably sell it for cheaper than it is now. Totally put that portion of the drug business out of business.

I'm not so keen on legalizing the harder drugs. There are too many people that can't handle themselves... though it would help eliminate crime (to a certain degree, at least), the societal impact may be too great.

Anyway, I'm for less law, not more.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Its not a simple discussion of simply making it legal or illegal.

These things have mostly got to do with timing.

Marijuana is almost ready, smoking is just beggining to creep up in peoples minds as something that we dont need anymore.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:51 pm
Super Moderator

Smoking is very bad for you, just as sticking your mouth over a car exhaust pipe is. I have no problem with smokers smoking outside, but quite frankly - I'm never entering a restaurant with smoking allowed - those places REEK.

Besides - I have asthma - and if I smoked - I'd be in coughing fits constantly - hence my stark disapproval of smoking, as it too causes coughing, and I'm mystified as to why people would willingly force this on themselves.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:23 pm
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:36 pm
Super Moderator

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:43 pm
Marquis

oh i don't think i've ever met him..... :roll:

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:09 pm
Minor Diety

2) I don't smoke
3) Jesus christ what's with all the smoking laws in the anglo-saxon world? Don't they got something better to do in the governments there besides that? :o

- Coach

Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:31 pm
Felix Rex

hey, I've got someone on my side at least.

And I think Inqui is screaming for a title change. :?

Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

look at it this way though. Have ciggarettes become necesary to maintain a living? no. A car is. if cigerettes were necesary, then maybe, maybe I would hate them less. But no.

And you hear of a lot more deaths of cancer caused by smoking, than cancer caused by breathing.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next