It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I need directions 
Emperor

Post I need directions
I expect nothing as answer here, but mine is to try...

I made render for interpretating sight of eye who see all e3 (all space).

Eh, in fact, render have horizontal and vertical "FOV" and they have ranges 0-360 and 0-180 degrees, in order. That's enough to observe all space.

So, that eye see what is afront as well as what is back, down, up, left or right. No stalk anymore. And divergentions are (in expected and understandable range) lesser than in standard D3D or OpenGL 3D mode.

Render currently work with OpenGL set of 2D functions but, it could easy be shifted to Direct Draw (or whatever 2D) using.

It is applicable in any render work.

I'm interested do some of you know where I could gain some kind of stipendy for this work. So, where I should present my work?

Last edited by RB on Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pf, I've no idea, but you could always show it here.
How did you make it?

Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:37 am
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:47 am
Minor Diety

that reminds me of the flying Goku warning label... can't be bothered to find a direct link, but it's at www.dumbwarnings.com

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

he's saying he's managed program a 2d OpenGL deal to have a 360 degree field of vision, I assume in a simulated 3d space (2d extrapolated to 3d is my guess). He's now looking for a job that'll pay him cash for this thing. Personally, I'm still looking for a job for myself. :/

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Did some applications yet? Or waiting for the head-hunters to fetch that big juicy tech-brain of yours? :D

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:13 pm
Felix Rex

yea yea, I've done enough applications to choke a moose. Ah well, the way I see it, I still have 3 more months on the back of my old employer.

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's always nice...good luck with the further applying too. :)

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:19 pm
Minor Diety

Are you forced to get another job or are you bored with your current one?

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:36 am
Felix Rex

I am currently unemployed and receiving unemployment insurance. :) So, free cash while I look for a job. Thankfully the economy is finally starting to pick up again. It's enough money to live on, but not much else.

Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh right, thanks for the clearing up of my confustion Sat. Interesting applications of such program come into mind.

E.g. Automated Robot Sentry Machine Guns!!!

Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:31 am
Emperor

he's saying he's managed program a 2d OpenGL deal to have a 360 degree field of vision, I assume in a simulated 3d space (2d extrapolated to 3d is my guess). He's now looking for a job that'll pay him cash for this thing. Personally, I'm still looking for a job for myself. :/

No, Satis. Things are *simplier* than that.

In fact, only thing I currently look for is invitation to some good-rumored informatic faculty (you say university?) where I could expose and learn all what I can. I'd prefer on english.

So?

Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

sorry man, no luck here. I wish I could find a cosy faculty position.

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

An alternative use for this, could be a little heat sensor on the top hull of a tank. Basically informs the commander and gunner if any man sized heat signals are within X distance. Comeon Sat, lets think of military uses for this!

Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:01 am
King

Satis wrote:

No, Satis. Things are *simplier* than that.

In fact, only thing I currently look for is invitation to some good-rumored informatic faculty (you say university?) where I could expose and learn all what I can. I'd prefer on english.

So?

Our language? Good luck then, I'm not going to mention the stuff on Bioware

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next