It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Questions for y'all 
Minor Diety

lol :mrgreen:

My b'day is November 3rd! coming up soon :mrgreen:
I expect you all to remember *points finger*
:twisted: Scorpio's are the coolest

Damn right Sugs! Me's a scorpio as well...the most powerful sign of all according to an astrologist uncle of mine! :twisted:

Pig, sounds like a mighty interesting topic. Let me know if and when you're finishing it. :) Surprised you didn't hop by the "thought of the day" topic, but then again, you'd prolly wanted to keep your ideas on it for your book instead of sprouting them on a public forum. :)

- Coach

Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:28 am
Super Moderator

Btw i love your msn nick.... LOL. Just saw Finding Nemo yesterday - that owns.

"And I shall call him my squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy"

rofl.

Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:12 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
I think he means BirthDay. Im on 21. And youre damn right! Libras do rule!

lol, yeah, was another slip of the keyboard. :roll:

mines the 10th. :D everyones forthcoming birthday has been noted. :)

Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:18 pm
Duke

My arguement is at the foundation all of those other arguements. Every one of those arguements makes a certain number of assumptions without even considering their validity. I don't take part in those kind of debates anymore, since they can only go 2 possible directions.

I'll probably post something up on a private forum at some point, but I'm too busy juggling everything else for now.

Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Heh..that was about the thing that i pointed out that was the flaw in the religion-fans' reasoning; making assumptions like the existance of obkective "good" and "evil", and circular reasonings. A is true, so B is true too. But A is only true if B would exist, which it oly does under the false claiming of A as truth. Blah. You know.

Anyways, good luck with the writing. Dunno if you read this quote in the "thought" thread, but i think it's pretty fine and to the point. :)

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

blaaah

- Coach

Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:35 pm
Duke

Lol suga - I'll try.

Btw i love your msn nick.... LOL. Just saw Finding Nemo yesterday - that owns.

"And I shall call him my squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy"

rofl.

hehe thanks! I'm obsessed with it! I love any disney movies, pixar ones especially :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:43 pm
Minor Diety

God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

omg. You dont understand how frustrating that quote is to me.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:57 am
Minor Diety

Uhm Derf, that quote is meant ironically lol. The author of it put it that way to reveal the incoherence of the idea behind it. :)

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:03 am
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:32 pm
Minor Diety

Time to answer my questions myself i suppose, and while i'm on it, new question:

What languages do you master and to what degree?

1) "soft" science for sure, even though hard science does interest me to a certain degree. Especially the fact that it is logical; as opposed to langauges which are almost always packed with exceptions. :/

2)Scorpio

3)grey-green

4)21

5)none whatsoever

6)latina-type of women, and black hair in general. Preferrably pitchblack. :)

7)have played football(=soccer), rugby and did some non-competitive cycling in a club. The only sport i play actively now is table tennis tho. :)

8)Hungarian, French, Swiss, and Belgian ofcourse.

9)Philip K. Dick, Dostojewski, Thomas Wolfe...and Pratchett isn't too shabby either, but don't tell Pev! ;)

10)atheïst

11)village

12)Uhm, lazy and stubborn.

13)Malta

14)Just passed to the third year of my Germanic Languages course, Dutch and English, no German. I'll be going for (almost) full-fledged literature course next year.

15)yeps

16)Strange enough the few times i did i never did anything wrong. And when i did do so i didn't get into trouble. Anyway; twice (!) because i was mistaken for some robber, and one time for loitering around a mass brawl and the cops thinking i was part of the thing. :/ Got fined once, and shipped to the station once, but let loose as soon as they saw they got the wrong guy, thankgod.

17)minimal...above the average user, but then again, a cat's knowledge is above the regular user's. :)

18)slightly larger than medium.

19)History

20)yep. Not legally tho.

21)what's star subsign? :/

22)know too little of composers to pick a favorite one

23)Dutch (duh) ,French, English and German all more or less fluently. Can read Latin and Hungarian very well. Can figure out minor parts of Spanish, Italian and scandinavian languages. (tnx to Dutch for the scandinavean lingo's and tnx to latin&french for italian and spanish)

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:57 pm
Felix Rex

Well, I only master English. I speak broken German and horrible Spanish. I know how to say "fuck your mother" in like 5 or so languages.

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh..that's the base of all language aye :)

No matter where you are on earth, insulting someone's mum always gets the job done.;) You talkin' about my momma?

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:12 pm
Minor Diety

I speak Dutch (duh) and English, and I'm supposed to be able to read Latin, but I'm forgetting everything already (just as I did with French :D ). I can also read some German.
I've also been trying to learn a bit of Python, but I've no time for that now and it's not really a language you speak. :roll:

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:34 am
Seigneurial Lord

23) Errrr..... Dutch, my English isn't bad at all :roll: German and French.... well, I can speak both enough to ask if he/she speaks English :P Can read Greek, can read Latin, and I speak a bit of Quenya :? Haven't done much on it, but I can speak a few sentences :roll:

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

Speak English...obviously, i know some French (enough to get by on holiday anyway), i can read Latin to some extent, i know almost no German...that's about it for languages, oh yeah i can speak proper Aussie too...

G'Day Shirlie, go put another shrimp on the barbie What's that Skippy...lil' Tommy's been pushed down the mne shaft, oh no...who coulda done that? etc. etc. etc.

Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next