It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Today I became rich... 
Minor Diety

Post Today I became rich...
... if I was dumb enough to fall for the below emails. I do like to read a good "nigerian prince" style spam email.

Email 1, pretty sure I've had similar before. The phrases used and the terrible grammar just make me laugh. Also if I was American and thought the FBI would let anyone tied to suspected money laundering just have their money back upon providing name and address without going in for interrogation, I'd be pretty pissed off!

ATTN: Sir/Madam

According to the ethics of an office, introduction is always very important on a first contact like this. I am Mrs. Jennifer L. Moore, Special Agent in Charge of the Intelligence Division (FBI). This Official Memorandum is to inform you that we discovered that some officials who work under the United States government have attempted to divert your Funds through a back-door channel. We actually discovered this today, through our Secret Agents under the Disciplinary Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) after we apprehended a money laundering suspect.

The mentioned suspect was apprehended at the Washington Dulles International Airport early this morning, as he attempted to carry the enormous cash sum of $10,500,000.00 dollars outside the shores of the USA. In respect to the money laundering decree of the United States, such amounts of money cannot be moved in cash outside the United States because such an attempt is a criminal offense and is punishable under the money laundering act of 1982 of the United States of America. This decree is a globalize law applicable in most developed countries in order to check-mate terrorism and money laundering.

From our gathered information here in this Unit, we discovered that the said Funds in question actually belong to you, but it had been purposely delayed because the officials in charge of your Payment are into some sort of irregularities which is totally against the ethics of any Payment institution. Presently, this said Funds are under the custody of the Guaranty Bank & Trust and I can assure you that your Funds will be released to you without a hitch provided that you are sincere to us in this matter. Also, we require your positive cooperation at every level because we are closely monitoring this very transaction in order to avert the bad eggs in our society of today.

We have instructed the Executive management of Guaranty Bank & Trust to Release the said Funds to you as the certified Beneficiary in question, because we have valuable information/records to authenticity that the said Funds valued the sum of $10,500,000.00 dollars truly belong to you. Be that as it may, you are required to provide us with below listed information (for official verification).

1. First Name, Middle Name and Last Name.
2. Age.
3. Occupation.
4. Marital Status.
5. Direct Telephone/Fax Number.
6. Residential address.

We await your immediate compliance to this official obligation, so that you can be paid by the authorized paying bank.

Officially Sealed.

Mrs. Jennifer L. Moore.
Special Agent in Charge of the Intelligence Division (FBI)

Email 2, I love that this is someone basically just trying to get $100s worth of games or music out of someone! Again, the usual awful grammar and phrasing just makes it both hilarious and painful to read at times.

Attention Beneficiary,

This transaction is a lottery won by your e-mail address via an onlineactive email address selected from the sponsor of Coca Cola Company award. With due respect and utmost courtesy, we write officially regarding the release of your award-Winning fund valued sum of
$12,000,000 dollars from Coca Cola Company which was approved for release via Swift Telegraphic Wire Transfer into your nominated bank account. But one Mr. Weiss Mohamad G Nam who presented a bank name and a telephone number with a resident address. Stating that you gave him the power of attorney to make your claims of your fund that you are not able to complete the deal.

Please try and get back to us immediately before we can instruct him to pay for the required charges of $100 only when he is ready to pay more than the $100 to claim your fund and we will have the fund transferred to him immediately. And he agrees to paid the remaining fee today so we are very happy to release the fund for him since you have refused to complied but we still want to confirm from you before we proceed because you have delayed us a lot and you are joking with the deal since but I don't want you to lose this fund I invested on this deal and I will forward his name and the address to the ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (IMF) Office as soon as I hear from you and we will go court to make the changing of ownership so get backASAP so that we can finished this deal.

Below is the information’s he sent to us.

Name : Mr. Weiss Mohamad G
Address: 6323 Brown Leeln Arlington Tx 76018 Bank Name: Bank International Indonesia Bank Address : M.H.Thamrin Street NO.51.Jakarta.USA Routing No : C H 2 8 1 0 1 3 Swift Code : I B B K I D J A Account Number :RKK-9900-1024-6001 (USD Account)

I will advise you purchase Steam Wallet gift Card or itunes gift card and send it because it will be faster, you are advice to get $100 dollars own and send the send the pictures and the card number to me so that i will redeem it to cash and you will get your package, Your immediate compliance will be in your very best interest.

If at any time you have questions, concerns or comments, please contact us via sms at + 1(210) 465 3520 as we strive to ensure that you will always receive a prompt and courteous

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. David I. Mckay

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Today I became rich...
10.000.000 dollars would weigh roughly 100kg's if its all 100$ bills, anything smaller would be in tons. I wonder how he would be carrying it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:21 pm
Minor Diety

Well obviously he'll be there waiting for me, he wouldn't lie, so I'll let you know ;)

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Most of my spam today is pretty boring.

Your Name Came Up For a Y.E.T.l Hopper M20 Cooler customer G.IFT

Link to an Amazon AWS s3 bucket. All from obviously free domains in the Mali TLD. It's like they're not even trying any more.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah there's no creative princes anymore. Most of mine is "your NHS prescription is available" or "Your Bank of America account has been limited" or "DHL tried to deliver your parcel". Yawn. I do appreciate a sufficiently creative spam email.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sadly the fact that they are less outrageous also makes them more believable and dangerous for normies.

"Click here to accept your package" from the postal services
"Update your personal details" from microsoft/acrobat/bank
etc.

We'd always check the domains and senders and if necessary would check online if it's a scam, but our parents' generation might not. If they are expecting a package and they get an email like that they think "that must be it" and click it. :-(

My parents have been victims of phishing/friendship scam twice now.

- One time was one of those package emails around christmas. Thankfully they only lost about 5 euros, managed to get back the (only) 50 euros that had been charged on the card apart from that.
- Second time was a whatsapp scammer pretending to be me. Gave my mom a whole story about how I had lost my phone and had a new number and I needed money to pay off a debt quickly etc. Parents transferred a total of 2500 euros in total. :cry: managed to recover 1000, rest was a loss.

The whatsapp scam was ridiculous since a) I supposedly was at a public laudromat (I've never used a public laundromat) and b) I was asking my parents to borrow money (I've never asked them to borrow me one cent, if anything I borrowed THEM money). So I don't know wtf they would ever think it was me. But my mom is sick and her mind is affected and her mother instinct overrides everything and she panics and sends the money.

The worst part was, it was one of those quick bank transfer thingies, and according to the bank they couldn't recover (most of) that money anymore. We contacted them less than 1.5 hours after it happened. No fucking way they can't stop that, it usually takes longer to transfer money between banks than that. The scammer made my parents pay in several parts of 500 euros a piece (because it won't automatically trigger an alert), but you're not gonna tell me the bank doesn't have any safeties on people suddenly paying several 500 euro payments into an account they previously never had any contact with. Fuck them so hard. And if I ever run into the Mamadou Diallo who took advantage of my mom's motherly instincts I'll murder him with my own bare hands. I feel the bloodlust come up even just thinking about it.

- Coach

Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:51 am
Minor Diety

Yes, scammers are absolute scum. The amount of texts we had during the pandemic about "you need to take a covid test, it will cost £20, send the NHS your bank details"... er that's now how the NHS works. But of course vulnerable, scared people responded.

We haven't watched more than 1, but there's a guy on YouTube who scams scammers. We only watched one as he'd invited someone else we follow to join in. It's complicated as heck what he does but he sets up fake bank accounts and web pages etc then basically just fucks with the scammers for a few hours so they're not scamming anyone else. They were pretending to be some small soup company run by 2 old guys who aren't computer literate and really messed the scammers around for ages. They even managed to make the scammers end up paying them!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
I'll murder him with my own bare hands.

No, you should definitely use his own hands to murder him.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]