It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Booze 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Booze
derf wrote:
A weekly session is sometimes necessary though. Lots of tension/stress builds up during the week due to juggling various things + work + people + money etc. A tactical bottle of wine on Thursday / Friday night for example.

I prescribed one to the other half the other week as she was struggling with all sorts of shit (mostly work). We shared a bottle (only takes her 2-3 glasses) and she was right as rain.

Usually I’ll also aim to have a big session with the father in law every 3 weeks or so. We have an enormous dinner, followed by inadvisable quantities of Irish whisky. The food soaks it all up. All this goes on during the family meal, so by the end of the evening it becomes quite a challenge maintaining the illusion of control to the others. We start to run out of ways to answer (lie) to repeated questions of “how much have you had”.

For sure man. An evening to myself with a few strong beers is the perfect decompression after a crazy work week. It's pretty much the only drinking I do these days, I don't even like drinking too much at a work party anymore (because they make you work or travel the next morning haha).

Yesterday I made a few hamburgers at home to create a good base, then waited for it to settle and had several strong beers while gaming and being silly online. While drinking enough water in between and after of course. Feel like a new man, all my worries have melted away and I'm not hungover. :P Woke up with a smile.

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:47 am
Stranger

Quote:
Woke up with a smile.

So you had a face cramp, must've hurt like hell :D :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 am
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Quote:
Woke up with a smile.

So you had a face cramp, must've hurt like hell :D :D.

I only get cramps in my calves when I drank too much, not in my face :lol:

- Coach

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2