It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Covid-19 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Covid-19
The fatigue is silly. I didn't notice any extra but I'm screwed anyway from my Cushing's, but Niall was really knocked about by it and he's in pretty good shape since he has a physical job. Hopefully it won't last too much longer for you.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery as well. Shiny and I are still hunkering down. Covid numbers in the US aren't great, though they could be worse. I'm really hoping the numbers drop.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sorry to hear J, hope it's a bit better by now. :(

I also didn't have covid that I know of. I've made several international trips and go to Paris for work every week on full trains without masks, and just attended a huge work party with hundreds of people. So far so good but I won't say I'm out of the woods until maybe Tuesday. It would be ridiculous if I still didn't catch it though.

I'm afraid I'll be like you and think "hah I can never get it" and then immediately catch it and be hospitalized. :o But let's hope my pride doesn't come before the fall. :)

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:51 am
Minor Diety

So I finally caught the coov, after 2 years of dodging it (that I know of). Probably somewhere at work or on the train to/from work last Wednesday, but I don't know for sure. I started getting a minor headache and muscle ache on Saturday, then some fatigue and low grade fever on Sunday, and got a runny nose and throat pain on Monday. After that I slowly got better and by Friday I was over it. It wasn't all that bad in my case, praise covid jesus for Omicron I guess? I even went to the zoo on Saturday (before I knew I had covid) and worked through it from home, I wasn't exactly knocked out by it.

Pretty chuffed I probably won't get it at Christmas now at least, so time to go crazy and get coughed on by strangers in busy bars and trains. :lol: (on a more serious note, I'm happy because it means I also won't be able to infect my elderly parents around Christmas which will make things a lot less stressful in that sense)

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:12 am
Stranger

How do you know it was covid?

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:13 am
Minor Diety

I tested positive for it. First test on Saturday was negative, then the second one on Monday (when I was in full sneezing/sniffling mode) was instantly hardcore positive haha.

Apart from that it also had the weirdest disease progression compared to the flu or a cold. Usually I get a runny nose first and THEN I get fever and muscle aches. Was the opposite now. By the time I got a runny nose the worst of the disease (fever/pain/fatigue) was over, pretty weird.

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:54 am
Felix Rex

Well, sorry you got it, but glad it was pretty minor. Any long term effects, or are you over it?

Shiny and I got our next level of boosters a few weeks ago. We even went to a brewery last weekend... after so many years of basically not going out it was really nice. We plan to continue occasional forays into non-crowded environments. I'm too old to avoid the public for any longer. :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks, no real long term effects tbh. It never really descended into my lower airways so that stopped me from having a proper cough. I do notice that my voice still sounds pretty raw even a week later without speaking a lot so that, plus an occasional cough or two when I really strain myself, is about the only thing I still notice of it. Let's hope it passes too!

Good to hear you got the new shot and are picking up the activities again. I've also been trying to renormalize my life after 2 years of being pretty careful and I have to say it's nice to not worry too much about it anymore. I still avoid really crowded venues but then I do that more and more anyway as an old fart, not gonna be going to massive parties and festivals or anything regardless of covid. :roll: Especially now that I had it I'm gonna say fuck it, I'm gonna live like I did before, it's been too long. Already been to a few weddings and other bigger events which was nice.

- Coach

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:14 pm
Felix Rex

Right before covid Shiny and I started going to electronic festivals with a cousin of hers and her husband and friends. It was fun, but really crowded and crazy. I'm thinking that won't be happening again for quite some time. We were already the weird old people... I swear the average age at those shows is like 19 (if that).

Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Right before covid Shiny and I started going to electronic festivals with a cousin of hers and her husband and friends. It was fun, but really crowded and crazy. I'm thinking that won't be happening again for quite some time. We were already the weird old people... I swear the average age at those shows is like 19 (if that).

Yeah maybe covid accelerated us all accepting that we've gotten too old to party like we used to :lol:

- Coach

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20