It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Crappy day 
Minor Diety

These incidents are somewhat common on buses at nights. Itll all be solved by placing a camera at the front of the bus.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:16 am
Felix Rex

Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol...no thanks. Imagine if the bonehead was wearing a gun on him. He might have shot us; being drunk as he was. Or rather, shot ME, cos i'm "racist" and the black guys aren't lol. :/ What a balony.

- Coach

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:02 am
Felix Rex

what if the young lady had been armed? If he does "remember her face" and try to take some, he'll just end up with a bullet in the gut. :)

Besides, most people like that can't afford to own guns, or have felonies and aren't allowed to.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't remember faces too well when I'm drunk. :roll:

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:35 am
Minor Diety

Point about the girl baring a gun, but then again, that's just starting a cycle that potentially ends in high school shootings imho. That guy prolly couldn't afford a gun no, but on the other hand, being the "on the verge of society type" he'd easily get his hands on a gun, illegally, that's no sweat obviously. :)

Anyways...apart from blunt weapons i think it's kinda lame to fight with weaponry. Just like my brothers; when in a fight with me; they always grabbed for kitchen knives, pellet guns and whatnot. Sissies. :/ In a REAL war situation i'd choose a gun, ofcourse. But when it's in a situation where wounding/killing isn't really in proportion with the cause i'd wish fights were "clean". Wishful thinking, i know. But i'm a non-gun allowed nation-country boy. ;)

- Coach

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:26 am
Minor Diety

Point about the girl baring a gun, but then again, that's just starting a cycle that potentially ends in high school shootings imho. That guy prolly couldn't afford a gun no, but on the other hand, being the "on the verge of society type" he'd easily get his hands on a gun, illegally, that's no sweat obviously. :)

I agree, every moron can get his hands on a gun. Besides, girls prolly wouldn't carry guns, guys would. I don't see how girls would be better protected that way.
The government should pay for self defense courses for girls, but I don't see the government paying anything at the moment.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:43 am
Minor Diety

Heh...announcement in the Belgian new yesterday Arathorn..."the Dutch will have to tighten their girdles the next few years. The Balkenende government has issued a savings plan which will cut in EVERY state expense, especially in social security, early retirements and defense." And then "the list of savings is long and depressing" lol. :roll:

That was literally what they said. :)

Anyways, to stay on topic: yeah, girls wouldn't carry much guns anyway, as they got less degree of boneheadness. :) Giving free self-defense lessons is a good idea, but i'd rather put it in a re-educating program for men that harass, hurt or opress women. That would be solving the problem at the root. And besides, when you got a 7 foot guy in front of you self-defense is crap. As i stand by my statement that martials arts are useless in the real world, unless you're world class. :)

- Coach

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:57 am
Duke

I will argue that point. Most martial arts are all show boat and usless unless you are very well trained. However there are some martial arts that are very very effective without that level of expertise. I have trained in kick boxing, karate, wing chun gung fu, lucay lucay escrima and a little TKD. Escrima and wing chun gung fu are extremely powerful. I trained in Karate for 4 years, and within a couple months of studing escrima and wing chun gung fu, I had surpassed my old abilities.

If your are talking about show-boat, flowery martial arts like TKD, then in that instance you are correct. However you are damn fool if you apply that across the board to all martial arts. I've trained with and sparred with many different styles and seen many levels of skill and weaknesses and strenghts. I have trained with shoalin martial artists and navy seals. I have a wide range of experience, and it sounds like your evaluation is an off-the-cuff assessment based on very little experience.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, don't take what i say too seriously man, ofcourse it was a generalized prejudice. :) But overgeneralizing makes life fun. Like; "all italians are bastards!" :D ofcourse that's not true, but it's easier to handle and adds to the weight of the statement. :)

As for experience..not as such in taking martial arts myself no. But back in the days i whooped quite a few guys screaming "i practice (insert martial art)" etc. And i'm not even huge. (6 foot, 85-90 kilos) :)

To conclude: ofcourse martial arts HAVE a use when the two ppl fighting have a similar physical build, but no one is ever gonna tell me that a 5'2" woman who's world class in an effective martial art will whoop a huge, untrained man. Which you didn't say, i know, just saying what was the original idea that sprouted my over-generalizing hehehe; :)

And anyways...when you get robbed, it's either by 3-4 ppl, or less ppl but armed. There's a chance you'll be able to disarm someone holding a knife or so, but it's harder with a gun. And when it's 4 normally built ppl you'll have to be one helluva fighter to kick some collective ass. :) Cos in reality, they don't stand around waiting for their turn to get whooped like in the movies. They just jump you all 4 and kick you into a bloody pulp. Sucks. :/

Blaaaah. Anyways; sorry if i offended anyone with careless statements. I think this post shows what exactly i was ranting on. :)

- Coach

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:02 am
Felix Rex

gah! "Women wouldn't carry guns?" What kinda sexist comment is that? I know plenty of women that aren't afraid to use a gun. Hell, my g/f owns a gun and plans on getting her concealed handgun license in December. :twisted: She's fired my 9mm Beretta and my M16 clone with no problems, and she's probably more safety conscious and correct with her handgun than most people.

Besides, all it takes is one rape (or almost rape) to change a woman's mind about a gun. It sucks to be helpless.

However, I do agree that a gun should never be used unless absolutely necessary. If there's some guy about my size or smaller trying to kick my ass, I'll just beat him down like normal. But if there's 4 guys, or Mike Tyson, I'm putting some holes in people.

'bust some caps in some motherfuckas asses, G!'

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Duke

Let's examine the drastic demographic difference regarding guns and Texas and most of the US.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm... legal guns or all guns? I think Cali might come close if illegal ones were counted as well.

Damnit, I can't find where those stats were, but Cali was alot worse than Texas when it came to violent crime and guns, even though Cali has really restrictive handgun laws. :/ Damnit.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rinox: I think Martial Arts would help because they develop confidence, they teach you how to handle these situations. One swift punch/kick to the balls would have any man on the floor, no matter how big.

As for fighting theres only 1 way to do it.

K1 STYLE!!!

Do any of you Bavarians know the dutch fella called Bonyaski?

Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:41 pm
Minor Diety

No. Just kick the guy in the nuts and you've lost him. Really, being kicked in the nuts hard really puts you out of combat.
I've heard (not yet experienced myself) that when you're attacked by a small number of people, that if you attack the obvious leader (and with attacking I mean quickly kicking and punching him a lot) the others often run away.
That is, when you're fighting with morons looking for trouble (and not organized morons wanting to rob you). People don't wait ages like in Bond movies, but the little time they get may be enough for you.

Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next