It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
TV series 
Felix Rex

Post Re: TV series
I must have totally missed this when it came out. Seems like that was a good thing. Or perhaps I've blocked it out. :roll: I vaguely recall the movie where they explained the highlanders were actually aliens that had revolted and lost or something.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Shiny and I recently binged The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. We thought it was pretty good. It's very graphic at times, so warning to people bothered by that, but worth a watch for anyone interested.

Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh I remember the Highlander TV series too! Must have been a euro thing. :) It was pretty good, too.

But yeah the lore in the later movies goes seriously off the rails...I think they even retconned some stuff afterwards because of how ridiculous it became, but I could be imagining that. Either way, the first 2 Highlander movies are great!

Thanks for the tip on the House of Usher, added it to my "to watch" list. I started watching Line of Duty recently, a British police show, and it's really good slow burn TV. And look at that imdb score :shock:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/

- Coach

Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:47 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:36 am
Felix Rex

Yea, that Fallout show looks pretty cool. I hope Amazon doesn't flub it.

I'm not a police drama fan, but that is quite a rating on Line of Duty.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We just finished "Interview with the Vampire" on BBC (AMC in US I think?) and really enjoyed it. A different take that both moves away from the book yet still feels faithful somehow. They do also offer an explanation right at the start as to why there are differences which I quite liked.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Ah, I'd read about it but never actually watched it. Thanks for reminding me it exists. :P I may need to give it a shot. The reviews I read were mostly positive. I've watched all the movies and read several of the books.

I watched Blue Eye Samurai, an anime that came out on Netflix. It was really good. Last I checked IMDB had it at 8.8, which is pretty crazy. Assuming you're good with anime, I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The negative reviews I can find all basically boil down to "Ewww blacks and gays, disgusting!" :roll:

I'll let Niall know about Blue Eye Samurai, I can't be doing with anime but he watches some. If it's on Netflix he's probably already seen it.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:

Damn this actually looks good :shock: Wasn't expecting that. Did I spot Kyle McLachlan there as well?

Re: Interview with the vampire, is it a girly kind of show or not really? Just to see if I should maybe suggest it to the lady or not. :P Or if I will join in!

A recommendation: Wrestlers on Netflix. It's a documentary series about a small wrestling outfit called OVW and their struggle to make ends meet. It's hard to explain what makes it so good, but it really is. Give the first episode a shot and see how you like it. :)

- Coach

Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:20 pm
Minor Diety

Come on Ox, this is me. If it was girly I wouldn't watch it :P There is a love story in there of sorts but it's certainly not a fairy tale, everything is perfect, 'meant to be' love story. There's also lots of violence and gore and plenty of political/social commentary. To be honest I think it's a TV version of your playthrough of BG3 from the sounds of it :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok cool. :) I still think there's a girl in there somewhere, so I had to ask. :P

- Coach

Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:07 pm
Minor Diety

Oh there's a girl in there... she's not exactly girly though :D

Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, if you could grow a dwarf beard you would. :lol:

- Coach

Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:58 pm
Minor Diety

*If* I'll have you know Cushing's sure tried to make that possible :lol: It's not worthy of dwarves though so it gets plucked :P

Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

We watched Interview with the Vampire (the tv show) and I really liked it. Shiny was less excited about it and the changes, but I think stretching it out into a season of tv (with presumably more to come) allows the characters to get fleshed out a bit more. Still, I can see it being divisive.

Upload - The first season of Upload was pretty decent. The second was ok. We just finished the third and it's continuing that downward trend. :roll: After we watched the last episode and cliffhanger, I told Shiny I was fine where it was and I hoped it would be cancelled. If it does renew, I'll be obligated to watch it, and that just doesn't excite me.

Bodies - We started watching this recently (Netflix). We've made it to episode 6 of 8 and enjoyed it thus far.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next