It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
TV series 
Minor Diety

Post Re: TV series
Satis wrote:
Eddie really played that song on the guitar. :twisted:

Still not a huge fan of a lot of Stranger Things. The upside down certainly existed before Eleven breached into it, but it seem the further along we get in the series, the more absolutely everything revolves around her.

He also did a meet & greet with Metallica!

- Coach

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 am
Felix Rex

Holy crap Metallica is old. Ugh, I feel so ancient.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

They were already old when we were teenagers brah :P But yeah...

- Coach

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:59 pm
Felix Rex

lol, they're not THAT much older than us. I was 5 when they were like... 20ish? Hmmm... maybe they were old.

I don't think I mentioned it... shiny I binge-watched Wednesday over 2 days, and it was pretty good. Definitely recommended.

We also rewatched the entirety of Rick and Morty. That shit is gold. :mrgreen: We're most of the way through season 6, which I believe is still ongoing.

Andor was freaking amazing. If you haven't seen it, please do. It's damned good.

Peripheral is good, but the ending left me with some very serious questions. Not to say it was bad, because it was not. However... very major philosophical questions remain unanswered.

Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah Rick and Morty is a perfect show for geeks like us. The perfect mix of (black) humor, nerd references and a little hard science. I think a lot of the more meta references are lost on dumber people but the show is still pretty good even for those people.

I started watching Better Call Saul a few weeks ago and I'm already 3 seasons in. I have to say I actually like it a lot better than Breaking Bad (not that I didn't like BB per se, I just didn't think it was super amazing). I didn't expect that from a spin off. But they took an interesting path focusing on Saul's rise before he got involved with Walter White and Jessie Pinkman and it works really well. In some ways it's more of a legal drama than a crime show (for now). Very peculiar.

I don't know how long after BB they shot the show but it's also funny how many of the recurring characters are being played by actors who are clearly older irl but are playing a younger version of their character than on BB. But it doesn't bother me so far. Mike is a bit on the edge as he's supposed to be a badass but the rest seem ok, age wise. At least it's no The Irishman where they had digitally deaged De Niro looking like a young man but moving like an octagenarian. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:54 am
Felix Rex

Oh man, the Irishman was terrible.

I tried watching Better Call Saul, but couldn't get into it. I'm not a fan of courtroom dramas, so I suppose that's not very surprising.

Besides that we're watching the latest season of Bad Batch, the animated Star Wars show set shortly after order 66. It's pretty decent, but doesn't get me excited like Andor did. There seems to be a general lack exciting shows though. I'm kind of curious about Last of us, but may wait until the season has finished before binging it.

Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We just finished "Our Flag Means Death", all episodes are currently on iPlayer and I think it was a HBO show so probably up on their service too.

On the surface it's a comedy about the gentleman pirate, Stede Bonnett, and Blackbeard. But it's a comedy like Scrubs is, with lots of heartfelt moments and a light look at some issues like sexism, racism and homophobia. Well worth a watch. It has Rhys Derby (Murray from Flight of the Conchords) as Stede Bonnett and Taika Waititi ("This is Doug. He's dead" from Thor) who are absolutely brilliant as the two main characters but everyone in Stede's crew is also fantastic. Definitely worth a watch. Season 2 has been confirmed as well.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I just finished The Witcher: Blood Origin. It's only 4 episodes and oooof it's terrible. Like really poor. And that's coming from someone who loves the witcher series. I wouldn't recommend it, it's not just "it may not be your taste" but just bad. You've been warned. :)

- Coach

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:35 pm
Stranger

Amazon Rings of Power: I strive to be the worst!
Disney Willow: Challenge accepted!
Netflix Blood Origin: Step aside peasants!

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Minor Diety

Hahaha I didn't see the other ones but I heard they weren't exactly masterworks either yes.

But hard to imagine they are worse than Blood Origin. The fact that they had to tell the whole story in 4 episodes probably didn't help, but shit.

- Coach

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:58 pm
Stranger

I finished Lockwood & Co on netflix. I liked it, looking forward to more.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pm
Felix Rex

Shiny and I did start watching Last of Us. It's good. Never played the games so I'm going in a bit virgin, but it's definitely been awesome so far. I highly recommend it.

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I really want to watch The Last of Us but don't have HBO. Maybe once I get my new job. :lol:

I'm still watching Better Call Saul on Netflix and it's really good. I like it way better than Breaking Bad, I can say that definitively now (I'm 5 seasons in).

- Coach

Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:18 pm
Felix Rex

By the way, I did finally finish the first 2 seasons of Twin Peaks and also watched Fire Walk with Me. I'm currently watching season 3.

Watching those first two seasons was brutal. All the 90s tv series tropes are just really irritating to me. The stupid love triangles and whatnot are grating. However, the craziness is pretty awesome, even if some of the actors weren't the greatest (looking at you Hawk). I'm a bit flabbergasted by the final episode and how it ends, but hey, whatever. The movie wasn't bad... move of the good, less of the bad. It was a bit shocking they replaced one of the main actresses (Donna) and even more shocking when, after 2 seasons and 30 episodes of made-for-tv cleanness, suddenly there were boobs and full frontal nudity, with quite a bit of it of ostensibly high school girls. :o No complaints, but it was unexpected.

This third season has seriously amped up the insanity and dialed down the stupid stuff. I'm quite enjoying it. But there's no way to watch season 3 without watching the first 2. Regardless, I expect I'll finish season 3 in the near future.

Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha you know why the first two seasons are the way they are right? It was the only way Lynch could have made a show with the themes it has that would actually be played on TV, considering the climate at the time. He needed to have that soap feel and then love triangles and everything to be able to convince the networks to even make/play it. And of course he had a lot of fun playing with it, as a result of it. But I think it's safe to say that if they had given him carte blanche back then it would have already looked more like Twin Peaks: The Return, or even Fire Walk With Me which is a lot darker yeah.

Season 3 (The Return) is really good TV to just soak up with a beer or a joint, but you have to be in the mood for it. I love it too.

- Coach

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next