It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
TV series 
Felix Rex

Post Re: TV series
Just finished Sandman yesterday. I liked it, though that final episode was a bit disconnected from the rest of the season. I'm sure it was on purpose and it certainly didn't tarnish anything. So yea, anyone that hasn't seen it yet, I think it's worth the time investment.

Still watching the new Game of Thrones and Rings of Power as they come out. Still enjoying them, though the GoT is much less gritty and "realistic" than the original. As realistic as you can be when you have dragons, magic and zombies, of course. Not really watching much else at the moment. Star Trek Lower Decks and Rick and Morty are on my radar though.

Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yes last episode was 2 standalone issues in the comic, just short stories within the universe basically.

We need to get onto the new Rick and Morty's. Caught up on Harley Quinn - if you haven't watched that it's well worth it. Fun but good stories too.

Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Ah yea, Harley Quinn is interesting to me, though I haven't watched it. I've had a bit of thing for Harley for a while, and her shacking up with Poison Ivy must be awesome, right? :wink:

Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I wouldn't want to spoil things... but yeah pretty awesome haha

Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Been watching Andor, House of the Dragon, The Rings of Power, and Westworld recently. :roll: Been falling a bit behind on watching stuff. Not so sure about Westworld... tie last season was sometimes good, sometimes bad. Andor is great, but it's Star Wars, so I may not be entirely objective. House of the Dragon is disjointed... I really like parts, am annoyed by others, and am confused at times. Rings of Power is a bit slow and plodding, but I have high hopes. So anyway, we'll see. Haven't given up on any of them.

I did attempt to watch the 2nd season of Locke and Key and didn't make it through the first 30 minutes of the first episode. That show is terrible. It took watching that episode to remember how bad it was.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We still need to watch season 3 of West World. God knows when we'll get to it.

We also need to get to Locke and Key, not watched any at all. I shall ignore your comments on it until we give it a try! We're onto Stranger Things seasons 4 and 5 next I think.

Season 2 of "The Great" just finished on channel 4. Still as good as the first season; funny yet emotional too. Renewed for a third season. I hope they can keep it up and don't run it on for too long and ruin it.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

We finished Westworld. Most of the season was pretty good... until the last few episodes. Then it went really seriously into WTF THIS MAKES NO SENSE territory. Also the final episode was way way way longer than it needed to be. So yea.... didn't come out of that show very impressed, mostly due to bungling the ending.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

So this season of Rings of Power has ended. It's going to be a long, slow burn... but I guess it has to be with 5 seasons planned. So far it's... fine?

House of the Dragon is still going. The last episode (with someone being crowned and a dragon, attempting to avoid spoilers) was frustratingly less like Game of Thrones and more like "every other freaking show out there". Ah well. I miss the raw brutality of the original... which even the original eventually lost. Ah well.

Andor is great. I'm really enjoying it and I can't wait for more.

Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Ah yes, the annoying problem of running out of story two seasons ago :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:40 am
Felix Rex

Hah... yea. Running out of content never ends well for a show.

I forgot to mention that I am still grinding my way through Twin Peaks. I'm up to season 2, episode 12. It's very slow and some of the scenes are so cringey. Still, the insanity continues to slowly ramp up. I will finish this eventually, though it may be 2023 or 2024 by the time I do.

Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha good to see you're sticking with Twin Peaks! It's a weird one isn't it....on the one hand it's clearly terrible at times, on the other you can't really look away and slowly get sucked into this mythology that probably isn't even making any sense. I like the perpetual ambiguity of it all, and that nothing is every properly explained in terms of how it works exactly or what it means. Now, it can get a bit much sometimes with Lynch, but I'd still take that over a lot of modern day TV where they feel like they need to spoonfeed and explain everything about every character or storyline to keep you engaged.

I think you will like modern season Twin Peaks: The Return more than the original 2. In those, Lynch was sort of forced to work into the soap format of the time in order to market the show. He had no such constraints in The Return.

I finished The Sandman which was great, and I'm now on season 7 of DS9. Slow and steady. :D

How was The Rings of Power? And House of the Dragons? I don't have subscriptions to Prime or HBO. :(

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:52 am
Felix Rex

Rings of Power was ok.. it's a slow burn. There's nothing to dissuade you from watching it, but you can tell it'll be a long time to get anywhere. Not saying that nothing happened, it's just... plodding. I believe the show will be 5 seasons, so this may be great... we'll see in a few more seasons how it turns out. So... nothing to warn you away for now. On the other hand, there may be no reason to really hurry and see it... wait a few seasons and binge it, maybe.

House of the Dragon is uneven. There're some great episodes and some not-so-great episodes. It was revealed recently that season 2 won't happen until 2024, which is really lame. I'd recommend waiting on this one for sure. Nothing like getting really excited about something and having to wait 2 freaking years for the next season. To hell with that.

Recently watched the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, which is a short animated series (6 episodes of roughly 15 minutes each). It's pretty good (mostly). Recommended! Andor continues to be one of the better Star Wars shows ever. I'm quite excited to see how it plays out.

Not sure if you guys heard, but Henry Cavill is leaving the Witcher after season 3, to be replaced by Laim Hemsworth. So, to be fair, when I heard Henry Cavill was playing Geralt prior to Season 1, I had mixed emotions. How the hell can superman be Geralt? After 2 seasons I was happy to be proven very wrong... Cavill did an amazing job playing Geralt. The fact he's apparently a bit of a gaming nerd is freaking awesome. Now that he's leaving, I'm really sad. I really hope Liam can pick up the torch, but man that's going to be a hell of a lot of work.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I heard that about Cavill. I'd argue he's more than "a bit" of a gaming nerd since he almost missed the Superman role because he was too busy raiding on WoW and nearly turned the call down! I don't think I've seen Liam Hemsworth in anything but since we seem to have a few acting families around where all the members are decent, he'll probably do ok. We still haven't watched season 2 yet though.

We're currently about halfway through season 4 of Stranger Things. I'm really enjoying it though a lot of the camerawork is annoying me. So much pointless slow mo each episode, they could all have been 15 mins shorter I'm sure! Plus there's one part where the kids are getting shot at and they clearly just plonked a cameraman in the middle of the room and told him to spin around to follow the action so everything is just blurred. I know it's to make us feel like we're in the middle of the combat but it just annoyed me. I'm getting old and grumpy haha. But story-wise I'm really enjoying it so far. There's always been a strong "IT" vibe to it and even more so this season I think. Plus having watched Umbrella Academy I suddenly realised El could easily be one of them; taken from her family by a random guy "Papa" who doesn't really give a toss about the kids, names them all after numbers and develops their powers.

Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Cavill dropping the Geralt role is a real bummer. Liam was in Independence Day 2 but that was a really bad movie. To me he seems to suffer from the same problem as Scott Adkins as in low emotional range. They are both above average looking actors but they always look the same. Adkins was superb in undisputed and Avengment where I wasn't watching Scott Adkins but the character he was portraying. But maybe in this Liam can show off his skills.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:02 am
Felix Rex

He played in Hunger Games as well. I hope he does well, but we'll see.

Stranger Things season 4 was ok.... far better than season 3, in my opinion. Glad you're enjoying it. After season 3 I had sworn off of it because, to me, season 3 was terrible. But so many people said season 4 was good that I took a chance and it was mostly worth it. :roll:

Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next