It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
TV series 
Stranger

Post Re: TV series
I really liked One Piece. Looking forward to season 2.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:27 am
Minor Diety

I read the whole One Piece manga, most of it here: https://littlexgarden.com/one-piece?ordre=croissant

It's in French though, so not everyone's cup of tea probably. :P

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:29 am
Felix Rex

Yea, we watched One Piece as well and thought it was mostly pretty good. Some parts are a bit annoying to me, but that's probably stuff that's sourced right from the manga (which I have not read), so I'll excuse it. :lol:

Regarding other series, Foundation season 2 ended, and it was really strong. It didn't start off that way, but by the end it was really engaging. I'd definitely recommend watching that (both seasons) if you haven't yet.

Also watching Ahsoka, one episode left on season 1. It's great. It helps I watched all of the Clone Wars and Rebels, so I know who all the characters are. Seeing them translated to live action is awesome. It's also nice to see Thrawn, who I first ran into with books that are no longer canon, followed by Rebels where they re-canonized him. He's a great character. Another show i'd recommend heartily, but I'm a Star Wars nerd, so do with that what you will.

Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Yea, we watched One Piece as well and thought it was mostly pretty good. Some parts are a bit annoying to me, but that's probably stuff that's sourced right from the manga (which I have not read), so I'll excuse it. :lol:

Was it the GUM-A GUM-A BAZOOKA (etc) stuff? :roll:

I feel like I'm running out of good series to watch since I'm only on Netflix. :roll: People keep telling me about stuff like Succession and House of the Dragon and I'm like :x

- Coach

Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 am
Felix Rex

Rinox wrote:
Was it the GUM-A GUM-A BAZOOKA (etc) stuff? :roll:

Yup. It's like your psychic or something. :o

Shiny and I are currently watching a show called The Strain. It's basically about vampires with a side of epidemiology and they're taking over NYC. It's not great, but it's not terrible. It was recommended by a neighbor so, in the absence of other shows we're currently interested in, it's filling some space where we can just chill and not think too hard. :roll: We've made it into season 2 and it's definitely going down hill... I imagine by the time we get to season 4 it'll be absolutely terrible, but hey, who knows. This one's on Hulu.

I'm also rewatching Elfen Lied, which is an older anime that I enjoyed. Prior to that I watched Castlevania: Nocturne. It's ok. If you liked the prior one it's very similar, except this one has some marginally annoying opera. And prior to that I watched Steins;Gate, another anime. The first season of this was really good. The "second season" (termed season 0 for some reason) and the movie were ok, but couldn't quit measure up in my opinion.

There are quite a few shows I'm interested in that are currently playing... I'm waiting for them to finish because I don't really like waiting a week between episodes.
  • lower decks
  • gen v
  • rick & morty
  • our flag means death
  • loki

Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh I watched The Strain years ago! Must be one of the only things I watched before you did. :lol:

The first season is promising and starts out with a lot of tantalizing questions, and the idea of a parasitical "vampire" strain running rampant in modern NYC is pretty interesting. But yeah, as you expected, it kind of goes off the rails in the following seasons...it's still interesting enough to watch but don't expect a diamond in the rough or anything.

Thanks for the heads up on rick and morty, I didn't know there was a new season!

- Coach

Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:36 am
Felix Rex

Just started season 4 of The Strain, and yea, everything I expected, which isn't much. I swear I enjoy talking shit about the show as much as I enjoy watching it. :P

Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hahaha I'm not surprised. Is season 4 the last season? If so, I can already tell you the ending also felt very meh.

- Coach

Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:50 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, it was the last season. And yea, it was very meh. :lol:

Since then I watched the latest season of Our Flag Means Death, which is ok. The first was better, I think, but the second one is still pretty decent.
Also watched Gen V, which is pretty good, but not as good as The Boys (in my opinion). In case anyone was unaware, it's basically a spin-off series.
Currently watching Loki. So far so good, but only 2 episodes in.
We also watched Lower Decks, which is great.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Interesting, I'll taper my expectations accordingly. We're waiting on Our Flag Means Death to come over here, loved the first season. We're also going to start Gen V sometime soon. Tbh I'm getting slightly less interested in The Boys anyway; still good but it just gets a bit... samey I suppose. Then again they will still manage to pull the occasional scene out where you really didn't expect THAT to happen haha. Also on our list is The Continental and the second season of The Wheel of Time.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Well, I can say that Gen V pumped up the wtf level a bit. I guess they found the large phallus from the last season of The Boys was so popular they had to add another in this one. :roll:

I have no idea if I mentioned it, but I did watch Wheel of Time's second season. It's ok. If you're hoping for a faithful recreation of the books, you will be sorely disappointed. It's still ok though, so long as you think of it as mostly unrelated to the books.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thankfully I haven't read the books :D The first season started out kinda meh but grew on me so it's not one that I'm feeling "omg I must see it now" about, but we'll give it a shot.

Btw as you've just finished watching them, did you see they're remaking Highlander with Cavill?

Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I rewatched Highlander? Or The Witcher? :lol:

I did see they were going to make Highlander with Cavill. If they do it right that'd be pretty awesome. I like the old Highlander movies... sorta... a great concept but everything past the first was pretty trash. A new take that does it right would be amazing. It's a movie, right, not a tv series? Not that a tv series would necessarily be bad.

Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There was a tv-series about Highlander at some point (the 90's), don't remember much about it, but it wasn't complete trash if i recall correctly. It sure has potential for new movies/tv-series.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:36 am
Stranger

Yes, Duncan Mccloud or something. The man with the magically appearing sword. We always joked about how or where the sword came from.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next