It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
TV series 
Stranger

Post Re: TV series
I watched the first season of cowboy bebop (live action). I liked it, looking forward to the second season.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:15 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, we finished it as well. Shiny was so-so on it, but I really liked it. She also finished the anime, which she also was so-so on. I'm not a huge anime fan by any means, but she's even less of one than I am, so that may account for it. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season (assuming they make one). I really hope they make one. I want to see a live-action remake of the mushroom episode.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Spoiler for the anime episode

In other news... another episode of Wheel of Time. Still cautiously optimistic. It's not exploded into awesomeness yet, but neither has it devolved into complete awfulness. We shall see.

Looking forward to the Witched coming back mid December, and then Book of Boba Fett at the end of the month.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We just finished Superman and Lois. Really enjoyed it. Just hope it stays good if they do another season. They've definitely left hooks open for further seasons but they haven't left a huge "needs another season to fix this" hole. It's quite a nice balance of having a big threat that needs Superman and just concentrating on the family life.

Season 6 of Queer Eye just came up on Netflix. I just love how feel good this show is. And this one is in Texas so keeping an eye out for Satis ;)

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Well, Cowboy Bebop got cancelled. Boo. Too many haters in the world. Started watching Book of Boba Fett. Good so far.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
Season 6 of Queer Eye just came up on Netflix. I just love how feel good this show is. And this one is in Texas so keeping an eye out for Satis ;)

- Coach

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:31 pm
Felix Rex

6 feet tall? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!

So anyway... Book of Boba Fett is hit and miss. The first episode was meh, the second was good, the third was meh. I hope they find their pacing.

I started watching Twin Peaks. Still on the second episode. It's not bad so far... we'll see how it progresses.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It starts out a bit slow and more or less like a normal soap before getting progressively weirder and darker. Definitely stick with it. :)

Once you're done with the first two (old) seasons there is the movie Fire Walk With Me which sort of fills in the gaps in the story, and then you can dive into the equally amazing The Return which was made only 3 years ago. It has almost everyone from the entire original crew returning, but obviously they're all much older. It's really unlike anything you've ever seen on TV.

- Coach

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 am
Felix Rex

I'm most of the way through episode 5 of the first season now. Definitely gotten weird... end of the third (I think) episode where he has a dream where everyone is talking backwards... that was a for real WTF moment. Very cool. I have a hard time not seeing Paul Atreides / Muad'dib though. :mrgreen: This is definitely not a binge-watchable show, and it does show its age. However, I'm sure I'll watch it all eventually.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How much further have you progressed through Twin Peaks by now? It gets weirder. And darker. :twisted:

And yeah, you probably know already but Kyle MacLachlan is Lynch's favorite actor and appears in a lot of his work. So it's hard to not see him as either Paul or an amalgam of other Lynch characters played by him. :lol: He's actually at his best in the 'modern' season, Twin Peaks: The Return, but I'm not gonna tell you why. You'll watch it eventually after going through the original seasons and Fire Walk With Me I'm sure. That shit gets under your skin.

I'm still very slowly going through Star Trek and am now watching Deep Space 9. It's actually really good, even better than TNG by almost any standard but perhaps Picard (but Sisko ain't no slouch either). Almost in season 3 of that.

Also still slowly working my way through the Expanse. I only have one episode to go in season 5 and then it's time for the final season. It's so good, but I have a visceral dislike for the actress/character Krisjen. I don't know what it is, the weird voice or accent or the acting. It's too bad since it's a great character.

I've also started rewatching Arrested Development for some relaxing laughs.

- Coach

Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:48 am
Felix Rex

I haven't made much progress in Twin Peaks. I'll watch part of an episode every once in a while. There are great parts, but there are long periods of a whole lot of nothing, and the age of it still bugs me. From the music (which people are proud of?) to the clothes, to the "biker" guy that comes across as a total nancy... I'm afraid it's a bit of a fight. The good parts, however, are pretty good.

I recently watched Peacemaker. I actually really enjoyed it. Not perfect, by any means, but in my opinion it's easily as good or better than any of the Marvel TV series. Not sure what you guys would think of it... it is very Americana. However, I'd definitely recommend giving the first episode a shot if you're so inclined.

Plus the intro is fab

Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

The service is still not available here.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:04 am
Felix Rex

I watched the first episode of the Halo tv show. It's available for free on Youtube for a week (not sure about in other countries, though).

It's ok... there are negatives and positive.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm not sure where I got the recommendation for this... it may well have been here, though I couldn't find a reference to it. I've been watching Years and Years, which is a BBC mini-series about a family in England as the world goes to crap. It's actually really good. Shiny had some misgivings at first but is now also fully on board. I believe we're both on the final episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8694364/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

We've also been re-watching Band of Brothers, which is a great WWII mini-series from 2001 (fuck I feel old). If you haven't seen it, it's highly recommended, though it's freaking brutal.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I don't know about that trailer. There're lots of videos on youtube about the show, but most of the trailers aren't so great.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We recently watched "The Legend of Vox Machina", a cartoon based on the Critical Role DnD series on YouTube. Never watched any of their campaigns but the cartoon is brilliant.

We also just finished The Umbrella Academy, first season. Really enjoyed that. Neither of us knew much about it, I basically just know it's the singer from My Chemical Romance that created it, Niall vaguely knew about the idea behind the academy but didn't even know each characters powers so it's always refreshing to have something we're not really clued in on.

Sun May 01, 2022 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, the Vox Machina show looked interesting to me, though the fact there's hair metal music involved (I think?) kinda turned me off. I didn't realize it was based off a YouTube series though. I haven't watched Umbrella Academy either. I think Shiny may have watched it, but she watches a LOT of stuff. We did recently start watching Peaky Blinders. It's about a gang in Birmingham shortly after WWII. It's ok... enough to entertain.

Personally I'm very much looking forward to the Obi-Wan Kenobi show, which starts at the end of the month. Hopefully it's better than Boba Fett was.

Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next