It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
TV series 
Minor Diety

Post Re: TV series
I just permanently have the Kate Bush song in my head now of course. I can see why it made it back to #1 when the season was first released!

Interesting to know Peltz, I haven't bothered with Independance Day 2, I have watched Hunger Games but have no clue who did what in it. Maybe he's just been in restricting roles. I still haven't finished a Witcher game anyway (got addicted to dominoes in 1 and didn't actually play the main game, didn't want to start 2 without finishing 1, then decided sod it and started 3 but my save got deleted when they gave us free upgrade and I haven't bothered to go back to it since) so I'm hardly massively invested. My friend hasn't got round to watching season 2 because 1 steered too far from the books and 2 apparently is even worse for it, so now Cavill is going he's refusing to watch any of it.

On the subject of Hemsworth's, I found a YouTube channel recently with some TV adaptations of kids books I used to collect that were made in 2000. Out of curiosity I watched some. Who should turn up as the newly qualified, handsome vet in one but Chris Hemsworth?!

Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha funny, I had the same initial reaction to Cavill playing The Witcher...thought he was gonna be too clean and pretty for the role. Thankfully I was totally wrong, and he is perfect for the part! Or at least he does it perfectly. Also very sad to hear that he is leaving...I'll give Hemsworth a chance (considering I was also wrong about Cavill at first) but I'm not holding my breath.

Hemsworth was playing Katniss' sorta maybe boyfriend annex underground resistance soldier in Hunger Games iirc? I remember him being ok in that role. Like, very serviceable.

Re: the Kate Bush song...one of my pet peeves about season 4 was that Max was always shown to be listening to the entire Kate Bush album (Hounds of Love) in order to stave off Vecna, but that the only song you ever heard was Running up that Hill. I imagine it must have to do with the rights and/or to keep things consistent for the viewer, but good god imagine anyone having to listen to the same song on repeat over and over again. No matter how good it is or how much you like the song, you'll go fucking insane. :P

- Coach

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:54 pm
Minor Diety

I did think that re the song! I've turned myself off of lots of songs by listening to them too often, and certainly never on repeat! Just maybe a few times a day for a couple of weeks and that was enough. She'll be going to the darkside after that and be the ultimate baddie for the final season ;)

Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
I did think that re the song! I've turned myself off of lots of songs by listening to them too often, and certainly never on repeat! Just maybe a few times a day for a couple of weeks and that was enough. She'll be going to the darkside after that and be the ultimate baddie for the final season ;)

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME LISTEN TO ANY OTHER SONGS?!!" While she singlehandedly takes out the whole cast :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:31 pm
Stranger

Well it was bound to happen now.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:15 pm
Felix Rex

Speaking of TV series, Andor is still going and I think it's the best live-action Star Wars tv show so far. Better than the Mandalorian. I'm seriously digging it.

Started watching The Peripheral. Only the first 4 episodes have come out so far, but it's really good so far. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0. We'll see if they can keep that going or if they screw it up. :roll:

Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We caught up on Stranger Things yesterday. Really enjoyed it (slow mo stuff annoyed me less towards the end, but annoyed Niall more!)

In the episode where you find out Eleven's story, we had already guessed some of it. We'd said ages ago we thought the guy helping her might be One. We figured out maybe 10 minutes before it's revealed that he was also Vecna. We didn't realise he was Henry until it was said. Really liked it, I came to the conclusion that Eleven had created the upside down, or at least the Hawkins part of it, when Nancy realises her room is stuck in 1983 over there, Niall wasn't convinced until nearer the end. Not sure if that's just when the world imprinted its form on the upside down, or if Vecna deliberately did it as it was what he knows, or if it's just some random coincidence (how would he know what Nancy's room looked like?) but I'm enjoying how it all circles back round to Eleven and the experiments Papa was doing. I'm sure they said season 4 was the last one though so I suspect Vecna being burned up was meant to end with him dying then someone said "oh go on, here's more money, make his body disappear". Eddie was awesome and I'm so upset they killed him off! We're undecided as to whether Max is lost forever, is in Vecna's head or even in El's head.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Eddie really played that song on the guitar. :twisted:

Still not a huge fan of a lot of Stranger Things. The upside down certainly existed before Eleven breached into it, but it seem the further along we get in the series, the more absolutely everything revolves around her.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Why the spoiler tags, would need to snort some powerful stuff for that to make any sense.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:04 am
Minor Diety

lol I'm just being nice in case people haven't seen it that want to :P

That's incredible he actually played that. One hell of a metal concert!

There are indeed some wild consistencies but that's true of most shows these days. They all try to be far too clever for their own good. (and this goes back to the Matrix films; loved #1, hated the others as they got too up themselves and tripped themselves up, and on a recent rewatch I dislike #1 now too).

One thing that does annoy me is... what about the other person with powers who 'got out'? I think in series 2, El ran into someone. Were they from the same lab? Another lab? Another random person who just got powers somehow? It always felt like it was supposed to be important, then we never saw anything of or about them again.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, she did meet up with several people that had various other types of powers, implying that her telekinesis or whatever it is was special. Then in the latest series, everyone had telekinesis to varying degrees. Maybe other labs developed other types of abilities? I don't imagine they'll ever actually go into this, but I guess there's a chance it could be made to make sense. But probably not. How'd these people even find each other if they're all from different places?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yes that was it. I wonder if at some point they were planning to go into a more full blown 'Heroes' type of series then decided to narrow it down more to El. Could be other labs, could be other kids like Henry who just decided to try really hard one day and discovered they could do weird shit. Met up via 'lonely hearts' ads in the paper. No Tinder for super powered people in the 80s! ;)

Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

oh man, Tinder for people with screwed up childhoods and superhuman abilities. No way that could become an issue.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just look at Homelander and... whatsherface in The Boys. Nazi woman. Great match there ;)

Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

She looked pretty good for being 80+ years old. Just saying. Soldierboy too. Never mind all their mental problems.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next