It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
TV series 
Minor Diety

Post Re: TV series
:P

Ox, you're in France. Most companies there don't even have a website. Those that do can't keep it up and running daily. I don't think you have to worry about them tracing your IP and tracking your history ;)

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

:lol: good point!

It really is amazing though...even popular modern restaurants don't or barely respond to email correspondence. It's all about them phone calls. Like being in Malta all over again. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:55 pm
Felix Rex

As far as random piracy is concerned, I suspect that you're not going to get looked at too hard unless you're a massive contributor. *shrug* Piracy is bad, mmmkay.

The Mandalorian season 2 just started! First episode was great.

Besides that, been watching Star Trek, lower decks, which is an animated series in the Star Trek universe. Good stuff... seriously, check it out if you can. even if you're not a Star Trek fan (and I'm not), it's quite entertaining.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Niall has watched that Lower Decks and recommends it. We'll see if we can get Mandalorian from somewhere. We don't have Disney+ and last year our mate who we visit on a Saturday was getting it but his site has just been taken down so we might be nice and acquire it for him.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Just finished the first season of Raised by Wolves. It started pretty strong and has some interesting ideas, but I think it's jumped the shark. Assuming there's going to be a season 2, they're really going to have to work hard to explain all the impossible BS they spewed.

Otherwise... no other tv really. Saw the Mandalorian episode 2 and it was also great.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, shit:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ma ... 128132.cms

I'm rewatching season 1 and apart from the first episode I'm still struck by how good it is. And how close they keep to the books/games instead of Hollywoodifying everything. Despite my initial doubts Cavill is an amazing Geralt, too. And I'm noticing a lot of little details and am understanding the storylines better on this second attempt, since the timelines were a bit confusing at first (even for someone who has read all the books and played all the games).

- Coach

Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:17 am
Felix Rex

We've been watching Cobra Kai lately. It's fine. Also binged Love Death and Robots, an animated show on Netlix. It's freaking amazing... I highly recommend.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We watched Love, Death and Robots too, completely agree, utterly amazing. I'm sure they said more were coming but it's been ages and nothing.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

So we finished Cobra Kai... it went from ok to pretty bad by the end of the second season. Unless you're really bored (or want a karate fix) I'd recommend steering clear. Started on season 2 of His Dark Materials... more of the same so far. It's not bad by any means, but a bit of a chore to watch. Besides that, just more Mandalorian. What a great show.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Also watching His Dark Materials. I don't really remember the books as it's been at least 10 years since I read them so I'm enjoying it. We watch it mainly because it's on straight after Strictly Come Dancing on a Sunday. My friend is obsessed with the books though and she sort of enjoyed series 1 and turned off series 2 after the first episode.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Started watching some of the new Animaniacs. Wouldn't go out of my way to watch it but it's an amusing way to pass 20 minutes occasionally. Feels very much like the old version.

We're also watching "The Great" on channel 4. It's an "occasionally true" story, as the title screen says, about Catherine the Great and is a humourous look at her marriage to Emperor Peter of Russia.

Also on channel 4 is season 2 of "Dead Pixels". We watched and loved season 1 last year. It's a sitcom based on 2 mmo gamers sharing a flat with a 'normal' person. The writers are gamers I think so it's all very familiar, such as the episode when, oh no, the latest patch is going to take 5 hours and the gamers are forced to spend time in the real world!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Five hour patches? Ugh.

Just finished the latest season of The Expanse. I really love that show. Shiny enjoys it to some degree, but definitely not like me. The fact I read the books and know what's going to happen (mostly) doesn't matter.

His Dark Materials was.. ok. The ending of season 2 annoyed me more than anything. It's some really bad writing, imo. We'll see if I continue.

At some point lately I watched The Queen's Gambit, a show about a chess sensation that Netflix ran. It was quite good, actually. I would highly recommend it.

Also watched For All Mankind, an alternate history series from Apple Tv where the Soviets won the race to landing a man on the moon and the space race never ended. I liked it, but I'm a space nerd.

Watched the first episode of WandaVision.... not a big fan of 50s sitcoms, so I did absolutely not enjoy this in any way. I hear it gets better.. but man, I'm not sure I want to continue on it.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

His Dark Materials was definitely not as good as the first series. I wonder if some of it comes from the fact they're mixing some of the books in together. I don't know if you've read them but the first book is basically all just Lyra up until the same end point as the first series. Will doesn't come into it at all until book 2. But I think they technically do occur at the same time so I guess they wanted to get it all going together instead of jumping back in time and ignoring 1 character for ages. The children in the city just annoyed me too so I wasn't happy when the professor helped them get back to their adults. Leave the little sods to starve!

Niall finished Mandalorian this week and wasn't very thrilled with it. I didn't bother watching not being a star wars fan.

He does want to watch WandaVision; I'm not fussed but might give it a go with him at some point. Our friend loves it. I personally am bored of all the Marvel stuff but it could be interesting as it's not like all the other comic shows out there (Flash, Arrow, etc etc). Need to get our hands on a copy of season 2 of Batwoman. I loved the first season but am wary how it'll play out with the new character.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

So, despite a rough start, we did continue watching WandaVision... the first episode is an absolute chore if you're not a big fan of 50s sitcoms. The second episode is still bad, but not so bad... but at episode 3 things start to take off and it's much more watchable. It's not that the first two episodes are bad... they're setting a stage. It's just really hard to watch from someone that despises sitcoms (like me). Shiny's on board with me on this... she hated the first 2 episodes, but is now hooked.

Oh man, I can't believe you (all) don't like the Mandalorian. Some of the best tv out there, even for people that don't like Star Wars. The ending of season 2 had so many Star Wars (movie) nods it was crazy. The surprise cameo was freaking amazing (no spoilers).

Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't dislike Mandalorian, I just have no investment in it not liking Star Wars/sci fi in general. I watched the last half of the first season simply because Niall and his friend would watch it when we went there on a Saturday. I didn't find it bad, just not good either. But baby yoda made it of course ;) So if lockdown wasn't happening we'd have been watching season 2 round his friend's again but since it might be 2030 at this rate before we're there again, I wasn't giving up my precious gaming time in the evening to watch something I'm not fussed about.

Good to hear about Wandavision. Again Niall wants to watch it so I may join him, may not. Bored of super hero stuff but this at least looks a bit different.

Anyway, have a go at us about Mandalorian, what do you mean you don't like sitcoms?! Not even Friends?

Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next