It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Epic water show 
Stranger

Post Epic water show
http://cdn.wallgif.com/gifs/6cb4b68735c ... 6acf3b.gif

Sorry, don't know how to get the gif working here.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:56 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Epic water show
pretty impressive

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Felt this thread was more or less fitting: you and Shiny ok there in Dallas Satis?

I know the coast is pretty far away from Dallas, but it's not like that would necessarily stop a hurricane from heading towards you. :P

- Coach

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Felix Rex

yea yea, we're fine. We're barely getting rain in Dallas. Having said that... we were in Houston last Saturday through Monday, San Antonio Monday to Wednesday, and then Austin Wednesday to Saturday. Saturday when we drove home, it was through a significant amount of rain. But we're fine, no big deal.

So, Shiny and I were discussing this due to all the people concerned for our well being. Nobody seems to realize just how big Texas is. The hurricane hit the coast near Corpus Christi... that's a 400 mile drive (~650km). That's further than Paris to Antwerp, for instance.. So.. anyway, no danger, but thank you for your concern. Houston, though, got some pain. As did Corpus, San Antonio, and I imagine Austin is having some rain issues.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, fair enough. Still, I don't know how far hurricanes can reach, maybe they'd go inwards and start wreaking havoc on Dallas or something, hence my comment. Wasn't so much worried about your area getting flooded. ;-)

Things not looking much better for Houston yet, hoping it'll abate soon. Although it doesn't seem to be anywhere near Katrina levels of fucked up yet, which is a good thing.

Did you see the images of floating fire ant colonies btw? Clever bastards. You kinda feel bad for the people living on the edges of the flooding now...looks like they're in for a very nasty bunch of visitors.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-those-f ... -bad-news/

- Coach

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 am
Felix Rex

Yea, i've seen that, but it's not unusual. That kind of crap happens all the time around here, just on a smaller scale. It's kinda like "Breaking News! Belgium has beer!" But anyway, it's interesting stuff. The hurricane has hit epic levels at this point. I went to college in Beaumont, which is getting wrecked right now. Parts of Houston I was hanging out in just a week and a half ago are now under water. Kinda sobering. Then again, we're barely getting rain, so it's not like I'm personally affected. I do, however, know a lot of people with friends and family down there. I understand their concerns, but (thankfully?) don't directly share them.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]