Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:01 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Disturbing stuff
Jeez, did it gouge the poor fella?

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:18 am
Minor Diety

Reminds me of this one:

Since animals like buffalos, rhinos, hippoes and elephants are herbivores people sometimes forget that they have massive strength and can easily take on a few scary large predators on their own if they really have to. In fact, even apex predators (like lions) tend to focus on young, old and weak(ened) animals. A healthy strong animal is often too much of a risk for them (point in case). I mean, an average male white rhino weighs up to around 2.3 tonnes. A male lion usually 'only' up to 250 kilos. That's almost 10 times less. It's like me trying to fight an 800 kilo man who isn't fat. :lol:

- Coach

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:32 am
Stranger

The Mass Effect. Literally :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:23 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:58 am
Felix Rex

Ouch... firing "spicy" ammunition always carries some risk, but firing hot .50 caliber rounds is especially dangerous. The guy's lucky he didn't lose an eye or something. Good on him for putting out a video on it though. Ouch again.

Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Without those safety glasses he would have lost that eye. There was a follow up video as well where he safely destroys another weapon of same make. The ammo from the same batch didn't do it but he brought a special 190000 psi round and that did it. Not sure what weapon is supposed to fire that.

Edit: from various topics it seems that round is designed to destroy weapons to see how they fail.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:32 am
Felix Rex

That makes sense actually... learning how things fail can help make them safter (or at least fail in a more safe manner). I've never had a gun explode personally. I did, however, see a guy a range whose handgun deformed after shooting, He asked me if his gun was ok and I was like... not sure... you may want to go ask a professional (like someone that worked there). The whole side of the handgun had bent out. In retrospect I probably should've told him it was fine. :roll:

Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:31 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:15 pm
Felix Rex

Oh wow, that's pretty crazy. That dude is lucky to be alive.

Speaking of disturbing videos, I've been watching videos out of Ukraine (and to a lesser degree Israel). Oof. Some of that stuff is insanely brutal.

Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 pm
Felix Rex

Wow... the two cops in that video are totally ridiculous. That looked like an apartment building... it's like they were trying to shoot as many innocent people as humanly possible.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How freaking on edge do you have to be to unload several clips at nothing just because you got spooked. Jesus Christ. Do US cops get amphetamines as part of their pay package or something? :lol:

- Coach

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]