It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
US 2020 Presidential Election 
Felix Rex

Post Re: US 2016 Presidential Election

https://cthulhuforamerica.com

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think I know who Satis is voting for. :bow:

Peltz, that is one scary ass pic :D

- Coach

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 pm
Minor Diety

Tell us what you really think, Robert De Niro

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/08/robert-de ... rump-rant/

- Coach

Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Felix Rex

I think it's cute how actors think we care what their opinions are. :roll: Not that I disagree.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Felix Rex

So, after careful consideration, I realize that every single candidate in the election is abhorrent. Even the 3rd party candidates are absolutely terrible. I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to do now.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Abstain?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 am
Felix Rex

I might do a write-in candidate, eg someone that's running outside any of the even minor parties. Or I might just vote for the least evil, though I really dislike having to do that. Not voting at all is certainly an option, but it feels like a cop-out. I'll figure it out by November 28th. :roll:

(The election is actually November 8th, but one of Trump's many fails includes telling his followers to vote for him on November 28th. Much lol.)

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha @ 28th. Jesus fuck. This is literally the worst election I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. :)

I generally don't vote in Belgium since all the parties in the more-or-less center seem the same, and the extremist parties are retarded. As it's technically speaking 'illegal' (they don't prosecute it anymore, normally) to not vote it's already an act of defiance in itself. :roll: I only voted for local elections when I was still living there, since I can actually see a difference in approach between those parties. Usually.

I think it's pretty obvious you need to vote for this guy.

A gay redneck zookeeper who is 'broke as shit', won't cut his hair and has kinky sex. And you though Trump was keeping it real.

- Coach

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:54 am
Minor Diety

Meanwhile in Iceland...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37808867

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 pm
Felix Rex

It'd be nice if we had a relevant pirate party in the US. Seeing as this country is probably at the root of many of the idiocies with copyright and whatnot anyway. But no, we get Jill Stein instead, who apparently is willing to entertain the idea that wifi can cause health issues.

http://www.sciencealert.com/us-presidential-candidate-jill-stein-thinks-wi-fi-is-a-threat-to-children-s-health

Even more amusing, her own party website has an entire section about "Jill Stein on science" where she tries to justify all these faux pas. And still thinks wifi might hurt children's brains. :roll:

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Oof. We're in for an interesting next few years. I don't think it needs to be said that I had no hand in electing our buffoon in chief. :roll: I guess it just reinforces that most people are idiots. I'm not sure I've been so glum about the future in a very long time.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've said it before and i'll say it again: majority of people are idiots, democracy doesn't work

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:33 am
Stranger

I don't think it is that simple. Whenever the majority exercises it's will over minorities, democracy works. Its not a question of the act of voting. It is about power to enforce ones will on others.

There is the monarchy which is in simple terms the rule of one over all. There is oligarchy which is the rule of few over all others and there is democracy where the majority exercises their will over minorities. And there is anarchy which is basically the default or natural selection. In case of humans the hardest form of governance to maintain is anarchy because we tend to group up and this takes the form of oligarchy real quick. Democracy needs a butt-load of work because "the majority" is issue specific or in other words it depends on the problem faced. In oligarchy and monarchy the wielder of power tends to be the same.

If you look at the refugee issue in Europe, it is in no way a democratic process. If the majority had their way, all the refugees would be on a boat back to where ever they came from. This is an example of democracy not working because the proxy institutions like EU are hindering the majority to exercise their power over minorities. By forcing member countries to take refugees without their consent and threatening to cut off funding and etc we see a process which is very much the opposite of democracy. And this is where things get complicated because while most would like to see them sent back alive and breathing the majority would not agree to having them shot dead and then sent back.

In case of the US election i don't know exactly how the system works in order to understand if the majority was hindered in some way. If there's some proxy electorate then the election system should not be considered democratic. It's not a question whether it is good or bad or best all things considered. It either is democratic or it is not. Either the majority of eligible US citizens exercised their will or not.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:25 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next