It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
US 2020 Presidential Election 
Minor Diety

Post Re: US 2020 Presidential Election
Figured I'd repurpose this thread from 2016. :P Renamed it, too.

So, barring a miracle Biden will likely win the presidency. That is, before the inevitable shit storm of court case and recounts and god knows what hits. :roll:

I don't even like Biden, but at this point I'm just really, really glad to see Trump gone. I'm exhausted. I'm done with the endless tweets, blatant lies and childish nonsense and will gladly settle for a boring 4 years or however long Biden has before he keels over. If I had a vote I wouldn't have voted for either of them, but more than I'd like to see Biden come I really want to see Trump go. And I'm clearly not the only one.

Anyway, let's hope we get a semblance of normality soon. But with the controversy about the large amount of mail-in votes it's not looking likely that Biden will be looked kindly upon by Trump's former loyalists. So polarization, yay.

- Coach

Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:46 pm
Felix Rex

I was definitely in that against Trump group. I had Democrats and Republicans, but Trump was so blatantly evil that I'd vote for Cthulhu over him. I'll take boring political theater over the self destructive BS our outgoing president has perpetrated. Unfortunately I'm sure he'll never get what he truly deserves.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My stance on the entire thing has been that I have no clue what Biden actually has promised but I want Trump out. It's pretty bad when you don't care who gets in provided the current one is out! Though Biden can't be too bad as all the Queer Eye guys like him, which at least suggests he's a bit more modern thinking. In a very selfish way it's kind of "well they voted Trump in, they can deal with him" on most policies but when he starts fucking the entire world over by ignoring global warming etc, that's not on. But he's out, even if they have to drag him kicking and screaming.

Now we just need to kick mini-Trump out of the UK.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Mini-Trump Estonia was forced out of the parliament here today.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:42 pm
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Mini-Trump Estonia was forced out of the parliament here today.

Didn't even know you had one but yay!

It's starting to sound like a Trump beauty pageant. "Mini Trump Estonia went on to win Mini Trump Universe!"

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Noticed you had a small spelling error there.. it's "went on to win Mini Tramp Universe!"

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:39 pm
Felix Rex

Screw the mini-tramps!

Anyway, it's pretty awesome he's out. It's put a good end on a really, really shitty year. I'm hoping things are changing for the better. He's already started appointing people to his covid taskforce that aren't sycophants and butt-lickers, so who knows, things may end up decent. Now it's time to see what Trump tries to do on his way out and whether we can stop him from being... err... himself?

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mini-tramps just sound like some really cute, tiny hookers.

I said there's an easy way to deal with him. Let him build a wall around the White House (on top of the existing one) then leave him locked in there and get a new presidential residence.

Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Predictably, Trump is still not conceding and is losing almost all of the court cases he started almost instantly. :roll: He clearly will never concede. But I suppose he'll eventually have to go and then will try to monetize his status as former president of the US (I think he may even style himself as the "legitimate" president, which is kinda dangerous) for personal gain. Maybe he'll start that TV network he was planning to launch before he won the last election, much to his own surprise.

Even if there were irregularities, it's hard to believe they could have pushed the balance this far towards Biden. Trump has no one to thank for it but himself and his handling of corona. He ran against the blandest opponent without any real message except "I'm not a buffoon" and still lost. Time to pack it up bro and let the new administration start the transition so they can actually do something about corona, maybe.

- Coach

Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:49 am
Felix Rex

There are some people that believe all this bs is geared toward him raising money to fight the various personal lawsuits he has waiting for him. Who knows, as long as he leaves.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Refreshing to see that 2020 was able to do something sensible!

I know nothing about US politics, but Trump seemed like a damaged and unhinged individual.
No idea who Biden is, or what he stands for. Good luck to him.

Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:44 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, Biden's really not something special. He's a more normal politician... which means pointless, probably owned by the corporations, and in thrall of his party and their goals. No real agency or individuality. On the other hand, Trump is a bigoted egomaniac who seems like he's a Russian asset trying his best to destroy the country I actually love (believe it or not). So yea, I'll take Biden.

Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For sure, the choice between those two seems like a no-brainer. They're both bad, but one of them is clearly WAY more terrible than the other. I feel like the only people who were enthusiastically (as in, not reluctant Republicans) supporting Trump in this election were either full on cultists or nihilists who would have preferred for Trump to bring the whole system down with his bullshit. Which is fair enough, but they seem to forget that revolutions don't really tend to go well in the immediate aftermath and/or for the common man.

Anyway Biden's presidency is a done deal now the electoral college has voted him in as well, even despite the endless parade of wacky "witnesses" to widespread voter fraud and other inane attempts to convince people of something that clearly didn't happen. If the deep state (tm) and/or Democrats rigged the election, why didn't they also rig it so they easily won the senate as well? The same ballots rigged against trump were apparently not rigged for the senate races. You don't have to be a genius to do the math on that one. :roll:

So yeah, let's see if Biden makes it through these 4 years. Not gonna put any odds on his own health or a crazy Trump supporter doing him in, but I wouldn't be surprised by either at this point.

- Coach

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8