It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Satis's cars 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Satis's cars
Yea, I was just being an asshole. Diesels don't have a very stellar reputation lately. Thanks Volkswagen! There's a high probability my next car will be electric.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Satis's cars
Been reading about the ethics of self-driven cars, and how they would (likely) choose to resolve certain life-or-death situations. To cut a long story short, in some cases the car may have to decide to deliberately crash itself (and the driver) to avoid hitting someone or something else.

In most of the scenarios I've seen so far, they basically prefer the survival of larger groups of people over individuals, and that of young people (children in particular) over the survival of the elderly. Which makes sense. But then I realized that this also means that your chances of survival in these cars would become significantly higher if you travel in groups. Or travel in a group of children, like a school bus. :lol:

It's funny since I've never heard any of the ethical theory people bring it up, but it seems like a logical consequence. So...is the future of safe travel public transportation? :P Hahahaha.

- Coach

Sun May 21, 2017 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2