It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
a few work related linkedin images... 
Minor Diety

Post a few work related linkedin images...
that i thought hit the spot, so i saved them over the years. granted, most are pretty much common sense, but i thought i'd share anyway.

what else am i gonna do at 02:21 in the morning?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:22 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: a few work related linkedin images...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:23 pm
Felix Rex

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol ^ i used to rock that as a desktop wallpaper when i was at Intel :D caused a few eyebrows to raise

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:31 pm
Minor Diety

Love the pics. :)

I'm in a strange place now, meetingwise, as my company still has meh meetings but...no one says anything. I'm sitting there with around 20 other people, all team leads from different projects so not exactly clueless, and the operations manager is giving is a breakdown of where the company is (in the name of transparancy), and...no one has any questions. I'm like wtf. Asked lots of questions. It's not every day you get direct feedback from the highest placed person in the office (the board is in Sweden, otherwise Malta is the biggest office and his is the highest placed operations person so...pretty important). If he actually answers them, which he did, it's pretty great stuff to know.

I found it's the Scandinavian thing. Most of the people I work with aren't Scandinavian, but the company culture is. And I've found that Scandinavians do not have open discussions or ask questions in group meetings. They sit there and nod, then go into backrooms for personal meetings. Weird stuff.

- Coach

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:51 pm
Felix Rex

Oh god, I hate people like you. In large meetings, you don't ask questions, because then you've got 1 person asking questions, 1 person answering the question, and 18 people sitting around bored as hell as you ask/answer questions that they already know the answer to, or don't care what the answer is.

:rifle:

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

:lol:

It all depends on the meeting really. Some meetings are actually worth it and informative, others are just a waste of time and you want to get back to work. If I'm in a meeting about the new salary structure and I sit there with 15 people who are all equally affected by it but for some reason don't seem to have any questions about how much money they're gonna make following the restructuring, I'd be a fool not ask any questions. :roll:

If it's about the company's vision of the future or core values or some shit like that then obviously I don't give a fuck. I'd be more inclined to take the day off than to go to a meeting like that.

- Coach

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]