Stranger

Post Global Militarization Index
http://gmi.bicc.de/index.php?page=ranking-table

Belgium 85
Estonia ranks 21.
United Kingdom 57
United States31

Quote:
With its Global Militarization Index (GMI), BICC is able to objectively depict worldwide militarization for the first time. The GMI compares, for example, a country’s military expenditure with its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and its health expenditure.
It contrasts the total number of military and paramilitary forces in a country with the number of physicians. Finally, it studies the number of heavy weapons available to a country’s armed forces. These and other indicators are used to determine a country’s ranking, which in turn makes it possible to measure the respective level of militarization in comparison to other countries.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:58 am
Stranger

Post Re: Global Militarization Index
Considering the reality that the french are about to hand over two warships perfectly designed for invading the baltic three, the level of militarization in my country is warranted.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:04 am
Minor Diety

I'm not saying that Estonia or the other Baltic states shouldn't be worried - hell even Poland and Finland aren't safe in the long run - but isn't there a pretty big difference between Georgia/Ukraine and the baltic states? They are part of the EU and more importantly NATO, so if Russia does perform any aggression towards them then the US and the other NATO members would be forced to respond. I doubt that's something anyone is waiting on, as this would basically be World War III.

On a more relevant note, I think North Korea would probably top this list if they had the correct data. Shitty living conditions and massive military mobilization is pretty much exactly what they are about.

- Coach

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:34 am
Stranger

Nobody wants to die near Narva but a mudpool or a rock somewhere in the middle of nowhere next to nothing in Afghanistan is ok! :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]