It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Ebola 
Felix Rex

Post Ebola
So, a case of Ebola has been confirmed in Dallas. It's been nice knowing you all. When I'm puking and pooping blood, my last thoughts will be of Rinox.

Yea, I'm not really too concerned, though if the number of confirmed cases in Dallas passes about 1000 or so, I'll probably barricade myself in my house for a couple months.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Ebola
Well i really hope it doesn't get to bad.

Just read that the infected guy used Brussels Airport on the way to the US. Maybe i should get ready to barricade as well?
I'm going to need weapons though, in case this turns out to be the start of the zombie apocalypse. :rifle:

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:30 am
Minor Diety

I did see this today and think of you Satis! It's ok, the English nurse who contracted it came to Birmingham hospital so I'm probably going to bleed to death too.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Holy shit, i live in B'ham.

The zombie apocalypse i've been waiting for my whole life...

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 pm
Stranger

derf wrote:
Holy shit, i live in B'ham.

The zombie apocalypse i've been waiting for my whole life...

Wasn't that the one which arrived along with smartphones and dumb people?

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 pm
Felix Rex

You can't legally shoot those zombies. :roll:

I actually have some friends that work at that hospital. We're supposed to go snowboarding in January. Having some second thoughts. :roll:

BTW, you're all welcome to come ride out the apocalypse with us. You just have to bring some useful life skill. The Belgians can brew us beer. Peltz can go fishing or something. The English... well... shit. I guess you can make us tea. I'm not letting you cook, that's for sure.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We can be your stiff upper lip butlers. Randomly appear at your side when requested and say "Sir" a lot.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sporting monocles and victorian era moustaches

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am
Minor Diety

Wait, Pevil has a moustache?

I'll brew the beer, no problem.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:15 am
Minor Diety

On the one hand I feel pretty good about being on a tiny island. From realistic epidemic simulators (ie video games) we all know that Madagascar usually holds out as the sole bastion of humanity.

On the other, I'm closer to Africa than any of you and there are regular arrivals of sub-saharan illegal immigrants here. Most of those are East-African, but still...

Let's all just hope this Ebola shit doesn't mutate into an airborne virus and hopefully we'll be ok. :) In a way, this may convince governments and big pharma to actually start investing money in research for a cure/vaccine. One of the reasons why it was never a priority in the past is that, it always popped up in deep Africa and nobody gave a shit for some poor Africans. Might change now.

- Coach

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 am
Felix Rex

As the Onion said, we're about 50 white people away from a cure.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/experts-ebola-vaccine-at-least-50-white-people-awa,36580/

So the first guy that brought the shit here died. Now we have a second confirmed case from a hospital worker. Not feeling especially safe. Will continue to stockpile guns and canned goods. :wink:

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, the fact that now in two separate Western countries (USA and Spain) a health care worker got infected despite taking precautions is not really a good sign. You kinda hope they dun goofed and failed to follow the guidelines.

- Coach

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 am
Minor Diety

The Spanish one was potentially a goof, she thinks she maybe touched her face with her glove but she isn't sure. Didn't know there was a second one over in the US, you'd better go stake out your local mall for hidey holes Satis!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Unfortunately the ebola apocalypse does not appear to be happening. It's not over, certainly, but if the crap was really hitting the fan, we'd have more reported cases by now. Meanwhile, if you're dark skinned on an airplane, do not tell anyone if you feel nauseous or have a fever. They'll likely mob-toss you off the plane, or lock you in a bathroom. (seriously, both happened)

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Halloween costume.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next