It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Return from MIA status 
Minor Diety

Post Return from MIA status
So yeah, I haven't actually made a post on CK in a looong time. :oops:

Long story short, I was in Mauritius for three months to set up a new project for work and was either too tired from work or too busy trying to explore a tropical island to spend a lot of time online. :P The internet was pretty bad too. Shit was ridiculous in terms of work pressure, I was setting up the entire new office pretty much by myself, with higher placed people constantly dropping shit on my already busy plate because they didn't feel like doing it. :roll: I swear, everyone there was getting paid mad stacks while facebooking and going out to the mall on the company's buck while I didn't even get a per diem. Typical corporate BS where putting in the work is not rewarded.

Either way, the island itself was amazing, in terms of natural beauty, people and culture. So I tried to make the best out of my time off there, but work is just such a drag haha. Now I'm back home in Malta, readjusting to work here. I've basically skipped the (already mild) winter here so it feels like last year and this year has been basically been one long summer.

Good to be back! :)

- Coach

Tue May 20, 2014 2:53 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: Return from MIA status
Welcome back Ox. We missed you. Allow me to say I don't feel sorry for you hanging out on Mauritius.

Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Return from MIA status
Haha! It was sheer torture, drinking from fresh coconuts on the endless white beaches. :P

No I did get to do a lot of amazing things outside of work like going snorkeling on the reefs, visiting tiny uninhabited islands, swimming with wild dolphins and going whalewatching. Also visited the 'sister island' Rodrigues which is located 600 kms deeper in the ocean. That place really stuck with me for some reason. Tiny as fuck, and mostly rocky and not so beautiful as Mauritius in terms of beaches, but it had a real charm to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigues

In general, if you are every thinking of settling on a tropical island, I cannot recommend Mauritius enough. Natural beauty, great infrastructure, friendly people, safe, still relatively cheap and with low corruption rates and a fast growing economy. Also most people speak English and French. It's a place unlike any I'd visited before, but then I'd never been outside of Europe before haha.

- Coach

Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]