It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
WK 2014 Brasil 
Minor Diety

Post WK 2014 Brasil
That's right, the group draws are known now. So in 6 months i can probably ressurrect this thread ;)

Belgium got Russia, Algeria and South-Korea in their group.
Every match is difficult in a world cup, but if we don't go through the next round, we can say we failed.

Dutch play Spain again, but they don't seem THAt awesome anymore. Although they must not underestimate Chili i think.
If they don't beat Australia they can forget qualification.

England facing Italy is always nice, with Uruguay and Costa Rica i'm not sure if they're even favorite to qualify in their group.

Official site: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/index.html

~King of Thieves~

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: WK 2014 Brasil
Italy crushing England is always nice :)

Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: WK 2014 Brasil
Yeah, when they drew Italy as the one European team to join the South American group things looked a little dire...then they drew England. Easy win. :)

Like J said; Belgium basically has the easiest group of all. If they don't make it past the group stage they failed hard. Next round is probably going to be either Germany or Portugal though, much more dangerous opponents.

An important aspect of this world cup is location. For example, in Group G (Germany, Portugal, Ghana and the US other country) they have to travel thousands and kilometers to Manaus, which is basically in the middle of the rain forest at 35+ temperatures and massive humidity, while most games played around and below the capital Brasilia will be much cooler. In a tournament where you play a game every few days that is killer.

- Coach

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]