It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Eurovision 2013 
Stranger

Post Eurovision 2013
Not sure if you guys follow this, well Satis and Shiny obviously not, but the others might. The first qualification round is over and i must say this far i like Belgium best. The dude looks like weird at best but i like the song, is ok.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 14, 2013 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: Eurovision 2013
I'll watch it with the GF. Should be a laugh. When's it on TV?

Tue May 14, 2013 4:06 pm
Stranger

Saturday is the final.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 14, 2013 11:52 pm
Stranger

My favourite has changed, I like Norway best. But i still like belgium as well, so they are the ones i hope make it to the top.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm
Minor Diety

Good song, hottie too. ;)

I haven't watched the semi finals actually, but I will definitely watch the final tomorrow! I heard the Belgian song and it's not bad, but it's not gonna win by any means. I'll let you all know which songs I liked after watching the actual show tomorrow. ;)

- Coach

Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 am
Minor Diety

Favourite girls:

1. Ukraine
2. Estonia
3. Norway - Nice dress!

I liked the Swedish song but it did shite. I was rooting for the soppy Italian song, and the Greek song too :) I'm happy the UK did badly :D

And always a shit load of politics ... Russia predominantly getting far too many votes for simply being neighbors / energy wholesalers.

Danish song was a tad too repetitive for my liking.

Sat May 18, 2013 4:18 pm
Stranger

Russia gets a lot of votes from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania because of the people from the soviet era, a failed genocide attempt. Out of all the balladish, slow songs i liked the italian one as well. But norway was the best in my opinion, the singer was incredibly good looking, sang really well and the song/melody fit me perfectly. And out of all the disco songs i liked belgium, It had really good beat to it and unlike ireland, or whoever performed last, the belgian had way much nicer and lower voice unlike the chainsaw in the last performance.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 19, 2013 5:30 am
Stranger

Oh and if all of the performers (even those who fell out during the qualifications) were to be arranged into a single list then Estonia was right in the middle. In the finals we were in the lower, further away part, of the list. But at least Europeans got to hear our beautiful language and a melody that didn't make me want to change citizenship unlike the runner up in our home country competition, see below. I loath it, hate it with every part of my body and i thank all the Estonians who voted for Birgit and not for the crap below.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 am
Minor Diety

Lol @ the Estonian wtf band. Yeah, I think you guys made a better choice with this singer although the sheer freakshowness of it all might have helped to get votes for the other band. :-) Usually does in Eurovision!

I thought the winner Denmark was a bit bland too. Not bad at all, but just...uninspired. Like you guys I liked Norway a lot. Also liked Russia and Iceland! Malta had a nice song but the singer wasn't great.

I was happy to see a lot of countries sing in their own language this year, far more than we've gotten used to. I love hearing the variety of languages and cultures within Europe. Although you can wonder to what extent countries like Azerbeijan are still European. But they always bring a good song and put in an effort, so that helps. :)

- Coach

Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 am
Felix Rex

Did you guys see Romania's entry? It'll make your ears bleed. Make sure to stay around long enough for him to start singing in falsetto.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yes Satis, we saw it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 am
Minor Diety

Unfortunately.

Sat May 25, 2013 5:23 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, I love that Satis actually somehow finds footage of a Romanian falsetto singer at Eurovision. How did that even happen? Was it sent around the office at work? Did you actually go out of your way to check what kind of trash was at this year's event? :D Either way, I love it.

- Coach

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 am
Felix Rex

I read a lot of tech blogs, and it was featured on one. :roll:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]