It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ridiculous stuff 
Stranger

Post Re: Ridiculous stuff
http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamer-dies ... on-6387472

Quote:
Taiwanese player collapses after 40 hours in front of Blizzard's online action role-playing game, pronounced dead at hospital.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm
Minor Diety

Damn, that's dedication. I've done some looooong sessions (all day) in my day, but only with slow-ish strategy or management games. Not a fast-paced shooter of hack n' slash. :roll: Assuming he wasn't a sweatshop gold farmer, I suppose he at least died doing what he loved most.

- Coach

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm
Stranger

If I hadn't quit TF2, I might have ended up like that myself. Probably wouldn't have killed myself but 12hour sessions were becoming quite frequent.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 pm
Minor Diety

lol really? Jesus.

I think the most I ever did was about 18 hours (with frequent breaks though) back in my Uni days. I can't remember which game though...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am
Felix Rex

I know I did marathon sessions of XCOM when I was in college... probably 12 hours, maybe more. I don't really remember that part of my life too clearly. Lately I'll occasionally get really intoxicated and stay up until the wee hours doing PVP in swtor... maybe 6-8 hours solid. That's not too bad, though, and it's not all that often.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Don't know if you heard about this: French actor Gerard Depardieu didn't want to pay the new French tax on the richest citizens and applies for a Russian passport. Putin gladly gives it to him through a special decree.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... -passport/

What shamelessness. Make your entire fortune and name in France, then apply for a Russian (of all things) passport once they impose a temperary heavy tax on your already rich ass? Sheesh.

- Coach

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 am
Minor Diety

This should be in Estonia, can you (= Peltz) provide subtitles or background info?

teacher being bullied

I know i'm not supposed to touch my students in any way, but i sure wouldn't react like the teacher in this movie.

~King of Thieves~

Last edited by J on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 am
Stranger

Indeed, it takes place in Estonia. Basically its just students bullying their math teacher. If it had been me teaching that class lets just say we'd be having this discussion from the county jail :D. I guess they were actually trying to get a violent response from the teacher and then turn it against him but the video clearly shows who's the bad guy here.

But the real question goes to the parents. Which offends them more, that they have failed as parents or that their off-springs are monsters.

Needless to say its truly the first incident of national level. This is without a doubt a plus for social media platforms. You know there used to be a joke/saying "oh i'll hit you so hard your unborn children will feel it" well guess what, thanks to internet, they will feel the failure of their forefathers :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 am
Minor Diety

Videos like that always make me think about the discussions I have with people about bringing up children...mostly about the use of physical 'violence' while disciplining them. It's a difficult discussion because obviously the line between disciplining and abuse can sometimes be a little thin, so you always end up having to explain very carefully what you mean to people who do not share your POV. People who are radically against see even a slap on the hands as 'child abuse' which I find redonk, for example.

Unsurprisingly, most people who are radically against ANY of that are not parents yet, and seem to hold on to the ideal of raising a child without using physical disciplining because that shows 'powerlessness' and that 'the law of the strongest' rules supreme. While I'm all for raising a child without resorting to physical disciplining if you can, I think everyone knows some children are a) completely out of control or b) will actively look up the very edges of how far they can go without being physically disciplined. Some children just don't listen. And what then? Then you get punks like this, basically.

Our society treats children like little princes and princesses, with parents trying to blame everything or anything BUT their children. We shouldn't be afraid to discipline them if we have to.

On a more innocent (but annoying) note: remember sitting on a train once with in the seat in front of me a mother and her 10-yr old child. The child would keep singing the same verse, over and over and over and over. 40 minutes long. Her only reponse was to say (like 10 times) in a weak voice "Dear, please stop singing". The kid, of course, did not. He knew that there was not going to be a bad consequence to his actions except for more "please stop dears". Ugh.

Anyway, these kids (especially the guy with the 50 cent shirt) look like they are headed straight to juvie hall anyway. Good riddance.

- Coach

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am
Stranger

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/test-a ... r-own-good

Test answers. Some are funny, some ridiculous, some bordering madness.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:51 am
Minor Diety

My fav of those

- Coach

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:48 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm
Stranger

A weird but in the end pointless and ridiculous conversation between a police officer and a driver.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:04 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:54 am
Stranger

A Fridge takes part in spam attack.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/smart-fridg ... 18220.html

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:58 am