It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Iran's space monkey didn't make it into space 
Felix Rex

Post Iran's space monkey didn't make it into space
Yea, they had a space monkey fail

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/Ira ... t_999.html
Quote:
Iran acknowledged as a failure Wednesday its attempt to send a live monkey into space last month -- touted as its first step towards launching a man into space.

"The Kavoshgar-5 rocket carrying a capsule with a live animal (a monkey) was launched during Shahrivar," an Iranian calendar month spanning August 23 to September 22, Deputy Science Minister Mohammad Mehdinejad-Nouri was quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

"However, the launch was not publicised as all of its anticipated objectives were not accomplished," Mehdinejad-Nouri told reporters.

"...anticipated objectives were not accomplished..." does not sound good for the monkey.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Iran's space monkey didn't make it into space
Nope, it sure doesn't. Horrible, but i'm laughing. :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:04 am
Minor Diety

Heh, I'm almost susprised they'd admit it was a failure (even in such covert terms). It's too bad political problems prevent cooperation on space programs in nations like Iran. I mean, imagine if all those (somewhat) isolated space programs actually combined forces and invest money and know-how into the same projects. It could use the ISS as a stepping stone even.

Either way, space programs are great. But sure sucks to be that monkey. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 am
Felix Rex

Politics seem to always get in the way of science, at least when there's money involved. :(

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Its perfectly normal because science brings about uncontrollable change which the politicians fear like wildfire.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 am
Felix Rex

damned good point. The people in control don't want change... change can only result in them losing control. Stupid humanity. Sometimes it's interesting to wonder what it would be like if people in their 20s actually ran the world, instead of people in their 50s and above.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Early 20s would be bad i guess, late 20s would be ok i guess.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 am
Felix Rex

lol @ Peltz. How old are you, early 30s? In a few years, you'll think 20s is bad, but 30s is ok... 10 years later, maybe late 30s is ok... 10 years after that, anyone under 40 is retarded. :roll:

I'll admit that people in their 20s (especially early 20s) tend to lack experience, which makes many of their decisions ill-advised. This is talking in general, of course. Still, they're more likely to try things, fail, and try again, which means a world run by them would, at very least, be interesting and different.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wouldn't let the world be run by 20-yr old me, that's for sure. Though i'd still prefer that guy over many other current leaders. ;)

It's funny...when I was 15 I thought 30 yr old people were old and parents etc etc. Now I'm nearly that age and I feel pretty non-old (I wouldn't say YOUNG exactly). Of course, I'm very clearly suffering some sort of bizarre extended adolescence. But even then...I wonder how i'll feel at 40.

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:19 pm
Felix Rex

Young ass douche bastard. Anyway, I'm 36 and I feel no more mature or old or whatever then I did when I was 18. *shrug* I'm more experienced... I'm more willing to do and see (and drink and eat) strange things. That's about it. I'm also in way better physical shape. :roll:

I'm sure I'll keep getting older and will always feel the same. The only different is my body will start to fail me. Stupid body. Hurry up with the freaking stem cell treatments, or the singularity or something.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]