It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
For Ox 
Minor Diety

Post For Ox
Dude, I was hoping you would be online, but you aint. I got the Andrew WK album, and OMG Awesome. (I get wet) can't wait for the new one :D

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, damn right it's awesome! :D The intro song is a right forebode for the rest of the album aye? ;) Thumping drums, 3-4 guitar layers plus piano and andrew screaming "it's time to party, let's party!!!"

God how i love bombastic multi-guitar-layers! It's the nr.1 "jump around and act like a fool album in the history of mankind! Andrew WK rules...quote: "why would i wanna use a small drum sound when people have spent hundreds of years trying to create one sounding like a 100-man battalion? Why would i want to whisper when i can scream?" :)

- Coach

Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:02 am
Minor Diety

Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:05 am
Minor Diety

It's unbelieveable joyous hard rock/metal with piano and special effects mixed tru; based on simple but great melodies. Andrew WK has only one philosophy: Party hard! a few song titles from hsi first album

It's time to party
Party Hard
Party till you puke
Fun night
I get wet

More quote:

Quote:
Your music is so unabashedly joyous and happy - why do you look so pissed off on the back of the "I Get Wet" album?
asked by Ross on Sunday, July 27

Answer:
Dear Ross, I'm not pissed off at all! I'm just totally fired up and pumped out and holding it all down to the ground and then catapulting it up into the sky! Do you know what I'm talking about? I take having fun very seriously, and we focus on it with a razor-lazer precision. Like if you were about to play a big basketball game - the championships - you're going to be in that zone! Of course it's a glorious joy, but it's going to take hard-work and we need to keep our will as sharp as steel. On the back of "I GET WET" I am standing strong and holding my ground and keeping each leg planted firmly onto my foot and my foot onto the plank of the dock and the dock into the water. It needs to be kept strong and we can build the power. Do you know what I mean? We are dead set on aggressively pursuing fun at all costs. We will not let down. We cannot let down. We will continue to try to do whatever it takes. This music demands a lot of us, and in that photograph I'm am completely focused on doing all I can to satisfy those demands. And THAT'S what I call FUN!!! Thank you for your question! Your friend, Andrew W.K

Quote:
saw you at warped tour and now your like my idol, it was the july 23rd show in atlanta, remember u walked me and my freinds outside the venue to sign autographs cuz the secruity gaurds were being douches,any way when are u coming back to atlanta?
asked by nick on Monday, August 4

Answer:
Dear Nick, If you're going to look up to me then I'm totally going to look up to also! That's the way it's going to be best for both of us, because if you're always looking up then you might get a cramp in your neck. Thank you very much for coming with me and your friends so that we could keep hanging out after the concert. The security guards need to keep clean, and I don't blame them - they're just doing their job, one way or another - and we still got to hang out - you know? It all works out one way or another - I've got no complaints! If you and your friends hadn't been there with everyone else, then I wouldn't have had any reason to be there either! So you see, we are there for and with eachother - and we're all excited about it and totally psyched!

- Coach

Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:12 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:22 pm
Super Moderator

Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:32 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

saw him on mtv2, he's incredibly down to earth and very grateful for what he's achieved (or seems to be).

then they showed his video of his jackass soundtrack song, fire, water, crap everywhere, total chaos. :lol:

Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:52 am
Felix Rex

Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, I think the best thing about it, is that he puts a completely happy type tune to words like

"This is your time to pay
This is your judgement Day
We've made a sacrifice
And Now We get to take your life"

It rocks!

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

while I remember , i think its "you dont stop" or the one before it, the electric guitar tune sounds like the dungeon levels from mario...

and then the little tune at the start of the next song just sounds like mario all round, the one i typed the lyrics too (don't know all the names yet)

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And Satis; he's a great guy. As BJ mentioned, he's anything but stuck up, he's great to his fans, his music is all about having fun and keeping it up, and he's got a drive from here to tokio, more enthusiasm than 10 ppl together. :) He's a bit of a living contradiction; he makes happy music with a pounding sound (his guitarists and drummers are former death metal-scene ppl, i think he got one from Orbituary); and he's a rather impressive figure (1.90m, 100 kilo), but really kind. He's a tad crazy but hey, like i'm not. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:27 am
Minor Diety

lol, I guess he's one of the few people that actually live life to the full, rather than just say they do. I wish I lived life more fully, but I'm too damned lazy.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Didnt he used to be a proffessional hurdling athlete? look at the last pic.

Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:30 am
Minor Diety

Either that or a ballerina... spl? but I doubt that very much. If he did, he's more than made up for it :P

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Actually, he's a clasically trained pianist. And did some work as a model when he needed cash at the start of his career :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next