It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next
I hate my job 

Do you hate your job?
Yes, my job sucks 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Minor Diety

Ooh nice Shiny :) I briefly visited San Francisco, the trouble is it was with school after we'd had a 15 hour day of travelling (maybe more, I forget) so we were all tired and jetlagged so I kinda resented the place ;) Wouldn't mind going back to give it a proper chance since I enjoyed everywhere else we were.

As for jobs... back to mine tomorrow *sigh* At least I get lots of time off soon with the op. haha. I really, really don't wanna go back, sure as hell won't be putting any effort in :P

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

jk.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:49 am
Count

Yea - I'm kinda thinking everyone must hate their jobs lately. I know I come home stressed out every night and so does Satis. I hope things get better soon. The more stressed my coworkers get, the more they start bitching and fighting. And even if it is not directed at me I hate drama. I am seriously sick of drama. If someone is constantly out of line they need to fire that person. It will not get better it just calms down for a few weeks. /sigh

But yes I am looking forward to San Fran. It was a spur of the moment kinda trip. I got a bonus so I was like you know what - fuck it - I've always wanted to go, might as well. I have lined up an animal sitter, so now I just have to worry about getting to and from the airport. I could always drive and leave my car - but I hate that. So, I think I will hire a limo or something! That'd be a good start.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 am
Minor Diety

Screenshoted and emailed to your boss :D

jk.

Feel free ;) He rang me yesterday with my hours (I have today off, woot!) and told me we'd had a visit, a very very poor visit, from our cock of a regional manager and he decided to put us on the underperformers program (no clue what that is exactly other than saying 'You're shit!' but hey) and I just laughed when he told me.

Some of the stuff we got pulled up on was filling in the personal folders that management has. We basically all have a main area we're in charge of (mine is 'Gamecare', an extended warranty for your consoles). Now it is (sometimes) worth it and we do try to sell it (not that we get anything for selling it or not) and have to keep a folder each week saying how individuals did, who was bad, what I'm going to do to improve it, yadda yadda. I used to fill this in religiously, until I realised that the manager and deputy never filled theirs in, the manager never looked at mine and helped with it (I don't have a bloody clue what else I can put other than the same crap every week) so I just thought fuck it. Particularly as the manager spends all the time doing the jobs that are needed out the back, instead of selling on shop floor as he should (and usually being on the phone to his wife) and the deputy spends as much time as he can get away with out the back eating.

So yeah, sod it. Besides, I have my manager on Facebook and he sees my status updates that are along the lines of "Fucking hate work, don't want to go back" and all that kinda thing anyway (and often posts similar ones himself!)

Lol Shiny, a limo for the airport? That would be a sight to see :) Maybe you'll appear on the internet, mistaken for *insert random actress* and be famous!

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha...well it's a comforting thought that all of us are stuck in dead-end jobs, at least, even if some of us are making more out of it than others (and I'm not talking about myself :P ).

Derf is cruising on his unemployment fees during the crisis tho, and I hate him for it. I should quit my job so we could pwn L4D and become totally 1337 at it. Together. Forever.

Erh...I mean, I want more spare time. :roll:

- Coach

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:01 am
Felix Rex

Ox's obsession with Derf is sometimes disquieting. I'm just glad an ocean makes me safe. :roll:

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not obsessed with Derf, just sincerely interested. :P

Still hating my job and looking for another one, and went to London on a blitz visit of a few hours on Thursday for a job interview. :roll: Hopped the train in the late morning, got off in London, rode the metro to te general area of the job interview and then killed some time by generally being amazed by Brits. :roll:

Well, it WAS the Westminster district so I had the idea that there were a lot of expats and tourists too, but still. Crazy Brits. :P For one some bar girl had the biggest trouble understanding me...wtf? Granted, I have a mild Belgian accent with some leanings toward an American accent, but still.

Also, what's with ordering at the bar in pubs? Don't they have waitresses for that? :) And another thing I noticed: there seems to be an entire sub-class of black and colored people tending to news stands, carrying luggage, performing street works etc. It was really quite amazing to not see a single white person doing these 'lowest of the low' jobs in the time I was there. I mean over here the immigrant subclasses are also well represented in that part of the workforce, but most of them are still white non-immigrants. Weird. :)

Job interview itself went well, I think. Stand a good chance of getting the job, but a lot will depend on the competition of course. Only problem will be housing...the pay they're offering is good but not good enough for proper London housing on my own. Meh, we'll see. Thanks to Pev for some general background info per text!

That was the first time I ever set foot on the UK isles btw. :P

- Coach

Sun May 17, 2009 4:36 am
Minor Diety

You posh bastard, pubs don't have waiters/waitresses! They're public houses, not frigging restaurants.

Bloody belgians. ;) Anyway congrats, you know London better than me. I've driven round it on the ring road two, maybe three times and been to Heathrow airport once. Never actually been into the city.

Sun May 17, 2009 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So you went to London for an interview? Cool! My cousin left London about a couple of weeks ago becuase she lost her job there and couldnt find another decent one.

We may have to have a drinking session should I ever take a trip there! No doubt you will drink me under the table. :D

+ 1 on what Pevil said about pubs.

As for me and my work.... My last job ended in March and although i hated the work, it was the perfect job to scale-up year after year on new projects. Unfortunately, around about that same time, this global crisis malarky hit and they stopped hiring, so it was impossible for me to stay. This was a major personal disappointment because of what i had been promised and what I planned for.

So since March, ive been flexing my entrepreneurial muscles with a personal project which involves designing and making a product. I'm collaborating with family in the manufacturing side of things in Italy and i've almost finished the prototype designs.

Needless to say its very very fun but im living off personal savings, which isn't too good.

Mon May 18, 2009 5:46 am
Minor Diety

Glad to hear you're having fun Derf, even if it does suck to live off savings. Hey, at least you have them to live off, that's one thing :)

I'm getting severely pissed off with my job again. First of all I've got some stupid investigation on Thurs coz I stupidly managed to leave the banking out of the safe. Once. And it was the day before a deputy from another store came to work. Which wouldn't have been a problem except that he was in with our deputy, who's always late, and didn't get there til 8.59 so there was no hiding it. I'm not worried about it, only thing I've done wrong in 5 years so they won't say or do much, but it's just irritating to have to go to some stupid meeting to say "yes, i left it out, probably coz we get rushed out the shopping centre on sundays, no I won't do it again".

Not only that but it's with this total bitch I can't stand, who is our contact store as well (almost literally, she's one fat cow). Anyway we had a shocking day yesterday and as usual, I was in charge. So when I rang the figures through this morning she snippily says "When exactly WAS the last time you got a gamecare on a day you were running?" Luckily I could reply "last sunday actually" (usually only run sundays, had to run today as well though). Though she insisted that she'd been told John was running that day. Bloody bitch. She's your typical hypocritical type; you know, telling managers what to do but never does it in her own store. She also won't just tell you "you should do it like this" but will instead say "hmm... that's.... *interesting* how you do that, but in MY store... blah blah blah"

*vent over*

Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lolz@bitches@work. Women are so much more evil to other women then women are to men, or men are to men, or men are to women. It's just bizarre.

Anyway, I hate my job, but that's not news. I did just get back from my vacation in New Orleans. We'll have pics eventually and all that.

/me waves

Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

/me waves back and pokes you to post pictures

:P

edit:

I'm so damn tired! We had our drawers replaced that we keep the games in last night, and I was on shift from (supposedly) 5pm til midnight. Was it midnight? Was it bollocks. 4.30am before we got out of there! And by that time dawn was breaking, birds were singing and I had trouble getting to sleep as I'd gone out the far side of tired. And now for some reason I'm awake at 9am. *sigh*

Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not the right topic, but just to say I'm still on holiday and will be back up and running by Sunday. I'll surely post a lot of pics too, if Satsi would be willing to free some CK space for those. I pretty much ran all over the island(s) here so got plenty of pics!

Currently at the smallest island of then three, which is only a few square miles big and has just one hiotel and basically nothing else on it. :lol: It's pretty awesome. Too bad the wireless sucks monkey balls...could have left my laptop at home. No matter, I'll go walking in a bit and then swimming. Good times. :)

See you bitches in a bit! Lub you all!!

- Coach

Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I've got plenty of space, use whatever you need. I think you should still have an ftp login. BTW, nice of you to grace us with your presence. :roll:

Thu May 28, 2009 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ya bitch! I didn't have internet access for 2 weeks, so long it practically made my hands shake. I'd sporadically be able to log on to an unsecured wireless nearmy family's apartment for 5 minutes or so, enabling my to check my email and glance over my fav places, but that was it basically. :( A few hours in a hotel and another hotel lobby costing me a shitload compared to the time I got (and the connection speed) was about all real internet time I got in. /Me cries. :cry:

But now I'm back, awesome and slightly drunk. And tanned, too (imagine that). Holiday was great, two weeks of culture, local beer, laid back life (Mediterranean for you), good food, riding my bike up some CRAZY ass steep hills, uninhabited island and swimming in the sea...w00t. I even managed to drop in on a KFC (aren't any in Belgium). Bought me a crapload of local olive oil, cheese and whatnot so I should be good for another couple of weeks too.

I'll try and go through my pics tomorrow and do a first selection. :P

- Coach

Sun May 31, 2009 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next