No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Minor Diety

Post Re: I hate my job
What up putas.

Going through a bit of a funk at work of late. They put me on a payroll project that frankly isn't my area of expertise, and they didn't give me any real resource, so, as project manager this apparently means I need to do EVERYTHING. It's challenging trying to blag the job while at the same time delivering it. Usually I know I my stuff, but here it's one big mystery. Oh, I also need to be in Ireland every week until mid Nov, which is a total ball ache.

Anyway apart from that, things are fine. Baby is 11 weeks old and she is the cutest thing ever. I can't reccomend making babies enough. I had no real expectations but it's not as difficult as people make it out to be (for men anyway). I'll see if I can post a pic. Right now, she is just starting to laugh, but she isn't making the sound yet. Her favourite thing is bath time, but her worst thing is being dried, and of course not having access to boob when she's hungry. She's growing very well and apparently very alert with good leg strength. Easily the best part of my day is coming home to her.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm
Felix Rex

Sorry to hear about the job. That can be very frustrating. On the other hand, if it's sink or swim and you swim, you tend to learn a lot of really good info in a really short amount of time, so it can be positive as well. Also, grats on the kid. Glad you're enjoying fatherhood.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah congratz on the kid. Enjoy the fatherhood.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:44 pm
Minor Diety

Great to hear things are going well with the family Derf! Congrats again. :-) I'd take your babymaking advice to heart, were it not that I don't have anyone willing (or at least, both willing) to do this with. :)

Sucks about the job, when you say you have to be in Ireland every week do you mean like a day or two a week? Or how does that work? The flight alone must already be a massive pain though. Flying for relatively short distances is so inefficient...you spend almost more time in the airports (and getting to and fro) than actually travelling. Not cool. Anyway, hope you get a better project soon, one you actually like. I've worked in payroll when I was younger (as a low level drone) and I can say that most people in those departments are dead inside. It's boring as hell.

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28