It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next
I hate my job 

Do you hate your job?
Yes, my job sucks 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Count

Always welcome to come to TX and at least check out the place :) We have a spare room that y'all are welcome to anytime. There is actually not anyone left I don't like here. 8-)

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 am
Felix Rex

yea...certain serial killer types no longer frequent this place. :roll:

Anyway, I'm cool with people visiting. Just don't eat all my food. :P

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You do know that I'm gonna hit every sort of burger, taco and fried chicken joint when I'm down there, right? :P I mean, when in Rome...if I want to eat good classy restaurant food I should just stay here. ;)

But I'll allow you to cook for me if you feel like it! Aren't I a great guy? :roll:

Derf...sounds like a plan. I could do the same actually: my family has an apartment down in Malta which I could occupy for no rent if I wanted to. So I could easily live there for half a year without income (more if I start getting unemployment cheques from Belgium). If I had a family with a semi-interesting business I could help in I'd do it, but alas.

Not ruling out getting a regular job on Malta though...but I've got some unfinished business here in Belgium (read: girls).

- Coach

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 am
Minor Diety

I was thinking more along the lines of Texas style BBQ party in Shiny's back yard :) Satis can chopper in the cow with his huey. :lol:

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:55 am
Count

Heh - trust me if any of you came we would feed you well. While Satis may not be Southern I am and that means there is always way more food than needed. Southerners tend to take it personally if they can't feed ya.

We'd do BBQ, Fried Chicken, huge burgers, of course some of the better food around too.

Seriously though, if you feel like a trip here let me know. I'd even be willing to help with fare since well I really hate flying. (Ya I know we need to go to Europe and I am working on it damnit!)

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:58 pm
Felix Rex

I'm good for a BBQ. I plan on making some ribs on the grill in the next few weeks. Nothing like grilling some fat steaks with some baked potatoes. :twisted: BTW, Dallas actually has a lot of really nice, high end restaurants, though many of them definitely have a Texas twist.

http://www.iiiforks.com/

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Aw really feelin the love, thanks Shiny. If im ever in the texas area ill be sure to post an email or something :D

Oh man yeah ribs, if forgot about ribs. My god i cant wait for summer. Gonna break out the ol' bbq grill and eat like a lion. :)

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm
Felix Rex

hehe....seriously, you should think about visiting. America is different from Europe...not different enough to make you feel completely put out (like asia) but different enough to be noticeable. All people are the same, ultimately, but there are definite differences in culture.

You wouldn't happen to know how to cook any kind of badass Italian cuisine, would you?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, if Derf comes over and cooks Italian while Satis grills ribs and all kinds of crazy meat I simply must be there as well! I don't know shit about cooking, but I love to eat. :P :) From fast food to sandwiches to vegitarian to steak houses to fine dining, I'm down with everything.

Satis, I'm sure there are a lot of great restaurants in Dallas (and the US in general), I just like to practice my "biased culturally superior European prick" act. ;) From what I heard from friends who travelled or lived in the US there is a difference in level but its not really at the top, more in the middle field. And that outside of the major cities restaurant variation can be woefully lacking. And that the US is a total meatfest...but not in a gay way. :P

- Coach

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:43 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, the US is on my "must see" list. I just have no idea when. Some people knock it a little, but i'd kinda like to have a wander around and soak up the differences from place to place.

Aw man, now im starting to subconsciously make "to do" lists for America ... STOP BRAIN STOP. You cant afford this yet!

As for Italian cuisine, no way. I can't cook to a good enough standard for anyone but students. :lol: They dont know the difference. Perhaps i need to think about upping my culinary skillz.

Edit: LOL meatfest.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:44 am
Felix Rex

Ox and his meat fests. :roll: Anyway, you poor people need to come visit. We have a spare room, after all, though if both Derf and Ox come at the same time you might have to share a bed. :wink:

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

*creepy pervered wink directed at Ox*

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:06 am
Minor Diety

I wouldn't even come over if I didn't get to share a bed with Derf :P I mean, Satis and Shiny, the US, the BBQ's and the room all sound kinda nice but Derf would totally be the real highlight of my trip.

/gay mode off

As always, I appreciate the invitation very much...it's just that a plane ticket is so friggin expensive and I'd feel very bad about Shiny paying part of it so I don't want that - well unless I lose my job and need to roam the streets for small change, in that case I'd feel justified to take some of your money. :P

Right now focus is on finding an actual job with actual college-level paycheck.

- Coach

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 am
Felix Rex

blah, pansies. I'm still hating my job... it seems to just keep getting worse. I'm a little overloaded with work (like, way).. so what's our boss's boss's resolution to that? Have us spend a bunch of time working on spreadsheets on what we're working on and spend hours in meetings to discuss how we can work better/more efficiently. Yea...great idea. How about I spent 4 hours I could be doing my job in and instead spend it talking about doing my job. That's a great solution. :roll:

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Count

Aww poor Satis. But at least we are going on Vacation next month to San Francisco! And, we are going to New Orleans in May. So you should have about one break a month for a couple of months.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next