It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next
I hate my job 

Do you hate your job?
Yes, my job sucks 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Felix Rex

heh, sounds nice. Definitely need to provide some piccies.

Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Yes, pics please. It will make me feel better since it will be a long while until I get to go to a beach. We spend WAY to much money in New Orleans recently. That and I bought my mom two yorkie puppies! They are so cute and clumsy.

Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm
Minor Diety

Since I could stay there for free all I had to pay was my plane ticket (not too expensive) and my food and stuff there, so all in all pretty cheap holiday. I think you guys spent more in that stripper joint than I did over two weeks, including the plane tickets. :roll: Puppies sound great though!!

- Coach

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:29 am
Minor Diety

Man, just in an hour here again and already feeling the gloom and doom of this job. Gah. I seriously hope one of those jobs I applied for will come through, cause it's actually starting to annoy me (after about a year :roll: ). Probably because I have a few friends being on wellfare and the likes right now, and I see that they aren't quite buckling under any financial problems even though they're unemployed.

It gets kinda depressing to see them having all this time to waste and apparently not needing to work to get by financially, y'know? And given my aptitude for a Spartan life style (ie ultra cheap) I could totally do that too. But I need to get fired first. Mmm...need to research this. My current contract runs out in July, but it'll probably be automatically extended if I don't say anything. Question is, if I choose to not extend it myself (as opposed to them), does that come with an unemployment allowance or not? :P

- Coach

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 am
Felix Rex

Jeez...I like to live well. Of course, our unemployment benefits aren't enough to survive on here, even if you do live ultra-cheap. Damn social parasites. :P

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to work in a proper job that caters to my interests and pays like I should get paid for my educational background. It's just that the combination of a dead-end job and being underpaid that gets me so hopped up on being an unemployed leech. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 am
Felix Rex

Well, perhaps if your degree was in a more valuable field you'd feel a little less entitled. :roll: I wonder what the unemployment percentage is for language majors vs philosophy majors vs engineering majors. :P

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I know the feeling Ox. I'd never want to be on benefits but seeing so many people doing nothing for a living and yet being better off than me... that's just wrong.

I've not been arsed at my job, spent the last 2 days playing Loco Roco on the PSP. Oh, and Sega Touch Darts on the DS.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Count

It is bad enough that my job thinks I can do the job of three people, but they expect me to do it with a jacked up computer and terminat network that crashes on me now for the 3rd time today. How the hell am I to get anything done when I need at least 7-8 screens up at all times while working on a project and I am constantly restarting the damn box! It takes me 15 min. to get my box rebooted, signed in, signed into terminal, logged into my programs, logged into the websites I need. /sigh.

I seriously don't need that crap right now.

Oh and if anyone wants to adopt my mother, she comes with a plane ticket and dowery. I get that her husband just died (like last week) and she is clueless, and unfortunately I am the only one near. But for christs sake, don't freaking yell at me when I am trying to help!!! Not the way to make friends.

I am seriously hating people right now. When I get home in about 2 hours, all I plan on doing it going to the gym, then drinking my weight in beer/margaritas.

And I'm serious on the adoption of my mom if anyone wants her.

I swear one of these days I will probably want to set my computer on fire at work. And on top of that they are making others in the office (but didn't even bother asking me if I need/want it) duel monitors. So, they need matching size monitors and I hear they plan on taking my nice 26" and giving me the crappy old one that is like 17'' and fuzzy as hell. I feel screwed.

And of course there was the threat of being fired when I took one damn day off to go to my step fathers funeral. Nice compassion guys. My contract shows I can take 5 days! And on top of that I can always go on FMLA for the next month. Errg. Why people always trying to add stress and screw you.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:24 pm
Minor Diety

Ugh sounds like you're having a real shitty time of it Shiny :(

*pokes Satis to look after you*

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hey, don't think I've just been sitting idle or anything. :roll: Besides, my job is sucking really bad too. I hate my boss with a passion.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol I know Satis, but still *pokes* ;) I'm hating my job too; I'm not a salesperson and the company is just all sales, sales, sales now. And not even any kind of bonus, if you perform you get nothing, if you don't you get an asskicking. HATE IT. Need a new job.

Wouldn't mind so much if my hypocrite of a manager did some fucking sales once in a while but nooooo he's out the back all day then bitches because I get poor figures whilst putting through 95% of the daily sales.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh....bosses seem to be hypocrites quite often. That's what pisses me off most about my boss. Blah, anyway, death to them all. I just need to become immensely wealthy so I don't have to put up with this shit. I wish I could just buy my company and fire anyone that pisses me off. :D

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good plan Satis, become very wealthy and then hire a hitman to kill our bosses? ;) hehe. If I actually got on with my web design course I could at least get a well paid shitty job...

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

If you want to become rich, it's probably a better idea to write books or pick up painting or some other art form than to actually try to improve yourself with classes and such. :) Even if you are crap at all those, you might just strike lucky and make it big. Or at least big enough to never have to go a crappy job and choose your own hours. :roll: 80% of the books that get sold are average at best anyway - it's (almost) all about striking a lucky chord. Of course, there are some really talented people out there, but they're not the largest group by any stretch of the imagination. Look at all those Hollywood movies, a monkey could write those scripts. Or the Harry Potter series: not bad writing, but hardly inspired either...making Rowling practically overnight from a broke single working mum into one of the world's richest women. Wow?

Only problem is the whoring yourself out to interviews, exhibitions and whatnot part. You need to be "in". I think I'd make a bad artist. :roll: Ah well, there's still the army! No real skill required, and early retirement! Woo!

- Coach

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next