It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 41  Next
I hate my job 

Do you hate your job?
Yes, my job sucks 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Minor Diety

Post Re: I hate my job
Awesome news man. Is there any way you could give your candidacy more oomph? Or is it just saying "I'm interested in it" and then waiting for them to give you the job (or not)?

As for the geography thing...we'll just blame it on you being American. ;)

- Coach

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 am
Minor Diety

Good luck with that Satis! Don't forget to setup a little Derf-trust fund account to put your spare unwanted money in. ;)

My job is getting slightly better as expected. They bought in a replacement which is easing off some of the pressure from me but generally i care less. Filed a complaint to my boss about the whole thing and he totally understands, which is fine. I'm starting to get a little time back with work that i actually wanted to crack on with, and this is giving me more and more visibility into the new area of business. We talked about opportunities and there are plenty. He's promised me a pay review before Xmas based on my performance and how i shape my role and which projects i take on.

Other than work shit, everything is cool. We're buying a car on Saturday which will enable us to look for a house and we're buying flight tickets for Naples for Xmas. Gonna start saving up for a bunch of stuff too like a much needed 3 week summer holiday next year.

Peace out bros.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 am
Felix Rex

Sounds good Derfopotamous. Good luck with the raise thing.

Regarding my own thing, I'm just waiting for it to be official, pretty much. The hiring manager has pretty much said I'm getting it. Just need the actual offer to materialize, including the salary. Can't wait. :D

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Woo way to go Satis, fingers crossed it all gets finalised for you :)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Knowing corporate culture a bit, it's not inconceivable that Satis' boss will tell him that he went with that young blonde that's always hanging around his office/ dumb ass-kissing asshole instead, because even though he/she doesn't have nearly the skills and intelligence required for the job he/she shows more 'proactiveness' to make a 'paradigm shift' in order for the company to reach a 'synergy'. :roll: :lol:

- Coach

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:38 am
Stranger

Rinox wrote:
Knowing corporate culture a bit, it's not inconceivable that Satis' boss will tell him that he went with that young blonde that's always hanging around his office/ dumb ass-kissing asshole instead, because even though he/she doesn't have nearly the skills and intelligence required for the job he/she shows more 'proactiveness' to make a 'paradigm shift' in order for the company to reach a 'synergy'. :roll: :lol:

Just epic man, just bloody epic.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:13 am
Felix Rex

lol. Yea, gotta love corporate culture.

I need you to shift your paradigm. Realign your action items to best leverage the inherent synergies. Let's switch the context to focus on the deliverables.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
lol. Yea, gotta love corporate culture.

I need you to shift your paradigm. Realign your action items to best leverage the inherent synergies. Let's switch the context to focus on the deliverables.

Cue everyone doing the same thing as they did before (cause there were no real orders, just mumbo jumbo) and the management is happy or unhappy based on whether the numbers/production rates are better or worse than a month before, often due to external factors like the economy, competition, illnesses and/or breaking down of tech and infrastructure. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:00 am
Felix Rex

btw, I did get the job. Got a roughly 15% raise starting Oct 1, so I'll get my first larger paycheck on the 15th. :D Starting the 15th, I'll work in both departments, and I'll be fully transitioned to my new job by the first of November. W00t. You have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to dump all that crap I've been working on. So nice.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well congratz on reaching the good life.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm
Minor Diety

Gratz bro! You need to wear a suit to work now or something? That's usually the catch. :( But think of all the things you can do with all that money. :twisted:

- Coach

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 am
Minor Diety

Huge congrats to you Satis, you deserve it, very happy for you (and Shiny, sure she'll enjoy the benefits too ;))

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Haha, yea, Shiny will definitely be a beneficiary of my improvement economic state. Regarding wearing a suit, no, I don't wear a suit. I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst now... still not something that requires direct customer interaction, so same dress code as before. for those that didn't know and care, my current/past job was as a secondary support level for our field engineers and tech support group... eg, if they ran into something they couldn't figure out, they'd come to me. There were other things I did as well (like web development) but that's my primary job. Which I won't be doing for much longer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm now seismically bored with my job. Been sitting here doing the same shit for months. It's saturated. Came very close to landing a new good well paid job but got turned down today. Goddamn. I'll just keep applying like a madman. I wantz my moneyz for house and holiday but also because right now I feel as if I am constructing nothing practical. My brain is rotting. :cry:

Man if only I could turn back time and choose a more solid career path and not wasted my time studying.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 am
Felix Rex

My new job is much better than my last one. I make more money, have less stress and do less stuff. The flip side is it gets a bit repetitive. That's ok though. It's worth it.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 41  Next