It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 41  Next
I hate my job 

Do you hate your job?
Yes, my job sucks 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, I enjoy my job 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
It's hell on earth 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't work, I'm a social parasite 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

I hate my job 
Minor Diety

Post Re: I hate my job
Rinox wrote:
I'm not sure 2.5 million is very rich to live off for the rest of your life then (let's assume that he would have been 35-40 after working for 10 years). Especially not if he has children. :)

Dude, 2.5m can easily cover it.

Buys a pimped villa abroad for 500k
Lives on 1.5k a month for 40 years = 720k

Got another 1.2m left over to play with.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 am
Minor Diety

Mm, perhaps. That pimped villa must be in Croatia or something though, since I don't think they go that cheap in the civilized world!

EDIT: upon closer inspection, I guess they can go for that. More or less depends on what one would call a pimped out villa and the location (cliffside obv super expensive), but two-bedroom 'villas' are available for less than 500k. But I was thinking more of a massive 5-bedroom crazy thing with a pool and an indoor cinema haha!

- Coach

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
Mm, perhaps. That pimped villa must be in Croatia or something though, since I don't think they go that cheap in the civilized world!

Well I know Italy isn't entirely civilised, but:

Spain:

All 500k.

:P

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 am
Minor Diety

Well, ok, those looks nice.

But yeah, Italy and Spain...haha! Half kidding. ;)

- Coach

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:56 am
Felix Rex

Italy would be great if it weren't for all the Italians. :roll:

Just kidding. I'd totally have a seaside villa in either Italy or Spain. Too bad I'm a few orders of magnitude shy of the amount of money needed.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Two things that were in the news recently:

- Government talks here in Belgium. The liberal party (not US liberal, European liberal) rejected a tax proposition because "it would be a disgrace to put additional tax burdens on the hardworking middle class, who are at the heart of the economic revival". Not that strange. But then you look at the proposition.

Currently there's a 21% advance levy on investments made outside of savings accounts (in short, stocks and obligations). The proposition was to raise that levy to temporarily to 25%, but that one could get a return on those 4% difference in the tax report at the end of the year. BUT this return only applied for people who made less than 20.000 € interest off their investments that year. 20.000!!! Assuming you have a risky investment and make a 7% profit, that still means you invested 300.000 € in stocks in obligations. That you have 300k to 'play' with, thus, outside of your savings and holdings.

And this is why the liberals rejected it, and bring it to the public saying that it's unacceptable to attack the "middle class". What a joke. If that's the middle class, each and every last of us is a hobo. Well, maybe some of you have 300k lying around to blow on stocks, but I'm rather sure you don't. :roll:

- CEO of Anheuser Bush - Inbev, the largest brewing company, gets a bonus of 135 million € this year. Granted, the majority of it is in stock options he can only cash in in a year or two, but WHAT THE FUCK. This is a guy who makes a few million a year already on his fixed income. 135 million €?! For one year? Bonus? I did a quick calculation, and if you assume that a regular worker in a brewing factory makes around 1600 nett a month, he has to work...7000 years to get that kind of money. Holy hell. This, of course, is only made even more bitter since Inbev laid off a few hundred workers last year, claiming 'reforms' and necessary measures. And then they give their CEO a bonus many times the equivalent of these hundreds of workers' perhaps entire career incomes together.

- Coach

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:12 am
Felix Rex

I think you're like me... enraged and annoyed, not because these guys make tons of cash, but because you're not one of those guys. :roll:

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A little bit of this, a little bit of that. ;)

I don't think they exclude each other.

- Coach

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:38 am
Minor Diety

IMO everyone deserves a nice house to live in, a nice job, enough money for some gifts each month, enough money for a holiday each year.

No one deserves to be a millionaire. Even if you cure cancer, you're humble and intelligent enough to understand that.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:31 am
Felix Rex

I want

a personal jet
a variety of cool cars
a yacht
a personal mountain to snowboard on... in Texas
to personally fund the curing of some disease or other
a space station
a moon base

So, millionaire wouldn't cut it. I need billions.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Derf's Day At Work:

0835: turn up and switch on computer
0836: catchup on Facebook, email, forums, etc
0900: grab coffee and breakfast
0915: return to desk and read work email
0930: plan list of 10 daily tasks
0935: start task 1
0945: grab a tea
1000: continue task 1
1015: go take a dump
1030: check email and Facebook
1100: finish task 1
1100: reward self by surfing internet
1130: take a piss
1145: do task 2
1245: go to lunch
1415: come back 30 mins late and login
1416: check email and Facebook
1430: start task 3
1500: take a piss
[the "afternoon-lull* kicks in (digestion, fatigue and massive productivity decrease)]
1515: continue task 3
1520: reward progress with a quick surf of the internet
1530: continue task 3
1535: reward progress with a quick surf of the internet
[repeat until 1630, alt-tabbing to a spreadsheet as necessary when I sense the boss walking over]
1630: Finish task 3 and prepare BS excuse as to why 3 of 10 tasks were done
1635: Apply to job vacancies online and play flash games
1659: Log off
1700: Mumble "RTB!" to myself... power-walk to the car.

Last edited by derf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 am
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
I want

a personal jet
a variety of cool cars
a yacht
a personal mountain to snowboard on... in Texas
to personally fund the curing of some disease or other
a space station
a moon base

So, millionaire wouldn't cut it. I need billions.

You can find all of those things in Toys-R-Us.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:07 am
Felix Rex

And that, sir, is why I will be running the world while you and Ox are waxing my cars and taking out my trash.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Derf's job sounds kinda like my previous job.

Also, I think that I'll be more likely to firebomb your car than wax it if it ever comes to that haha!

- Coach

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
I think that I'll be more likely to firebomb your car than wax it if it ever comes to that haha!

+1 brother

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 41  Next