It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Felix Rex

That's the new "season". They created 4 new "movies" at like 90 minutes each. Then those movies will be broken up into episodes and broadcast like a season.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I went to see Hitman today. I must say i was surprised. Not about the action or the story but by the lead actor Mr. Olyphant. I mean he was really good in 47 part. Actually i think the movie is excellent, I defenatly suggest you go see it.

Two thumbs up and i think for me, its the best game to movie adaption ever. And i really liked the easter eggs.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm
Minor Diety

I saw it too and it was...average. For a game adaption it was definitely ok; but it wasn't anything special either. Olyphant was good as the "calculated" 47; the action was visceral at times and the atmosphere was ok...but the endig was lame and I didn't understand why he kept dragging the girl (the whore) along for half the movie.

Her 'use' had run out 20 minutes into the movie, after that she was just a hazard. The real 47 would never put himself in such danger. :wink: But I guess she was needed to provide for the obligatory naked boobs. Which were spectacular, don't get me wrong, just somewhat superfluous.

Other good films and must-sees:

-Eastern Promises
-Persepolis
-Spirited Away

I recently saw Oliver Stone's 'Platoon' again too and it still kicked major ass.

- Coach

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:25 am
Minor Diety

Well, I just got back from seeing I am Legend.

It was brilliant, in every way I could imagine.

I went in expecting some lame ass 28 days later clone. I came out seeing Will Smith in a whole new light (or, stage light). The story was gripping even though someone I know had spoiled the end. The heart strings were thoroughly pulled several times and you really were 'willing' (sorry) you way through the film.

Definite must see even if you don't like zombie flicks (though they're not 'dead'), 9.2/10

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I finished watching the Firefly series. Its soo unfair that they made so few shows only. I absolutly loved them, the setting is great, the cast is great, the humour is great.

Its now the second all time favourite for me, first being B5.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:47 pm
Count

OMG I loved those so much! At first when I saw the first one I was like WTF, but I quickly related with Kaylee's character and after that - I was majorly hooked. And the movie was good but bring back the series :(

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:54 pm
Stranger

Yea i liked the movie too but the series are so much better. I think the film was meant to be a short version of the entire plot.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:27 am
Felix Rex

I liked both very much. I agree that the series should be brought back but it's not looking too good. Oh well. It sucks that things like Firefly were cancelled while stuff like American Idol continues to exist. Blech.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I don't know what happens with the movie industry. There are again good yet original movies. If you're going to take look at some of these, make sure it is of your favorite genre:

Jumper
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489099/

The Eye
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406759/

Vantage Point
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/

*appendix*
And one more, rather just for the records. The only good thing about "The Mist" is the ending. I just thought that what the guy is doing is wrong, when it turned out to be but truth:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Vantage point could be a good flick (doesn't sound to bad).

The eyes = probably bad remake of another asian horrormovie, not really my cup of tea

Jumper seems to get bad comments, but it also seems to have paladins in it ... lol

I've been watching way too few movies lately. Can't even remember what the last movie was i watched in a movie theatre, must have been literally ages.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 am
Stranger

I watched Shoot `Em Up the other day. Very simple, lots of shooting, no surprises, Monica Belucci, H&K USP stainless (i own one).

Strong 3+ on a scale of 10.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 am
Emperor

I watched it. It was way cute, way original, way making me watch it for second time, but not a decent one if you ask me.

Quote:
Is he really that good, or we really suck that much?!
Quote:
Fuck! This sick motherfucker sucked us again!

I don't guarantee 100% accuracy of the quotes.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well Monica Belucci was the 3 and everything else was the + :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:33 am
Emperor

I know people who would say she alone was 11 at least. :wink:

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

She is, but im trying to stick to the movie :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 53  Next