It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
For the record: the doggystyle remark was about "untill you look at the groin area", clearly not about the AIDS. :)

I'm teaching a course that also covers sexual education this year (next semester), so i'll have my share of stupid/ignorant remarks in a couple of months.

Last time i had to teach it, several girls (17-18 years old) wrote on their exam that the clitoris was inside the uterus ... mmm pretty hard to stimulate it then, unless you have a giant dick of course. Funny coincidence: I just read a comic about horse dicks. :P

~King of Thieves~

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 am
Felix Rex

lol@J. Sounds like oodles of fun, teaching ignorant children about sex. And clits. I lub clits. :roll:

regarding stupidity, I think the stupid gravitate toward politics or something. Sarah Palin is a biatch and someone I would never want in charge of anything, but I don't think she's necessarily stupid. Just a closed-minded right wing nutjob.

On the other hand, Dan Quayle was pretty dumb, and he actually was VP of the US. Of course, no one votes for the VP. :roll:

Quote:
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.
One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.
I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Dan_Quayle/

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Another politician BS beauty:

Quote:
Now what is the message there? The message is that there are known "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.

It sounds like a riddle. It isn't a riddle. It is a very serious, important matter.

There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something exists does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist. And yet almost always, when we make our threat assessments, when we look at the world, we end up basing it on the first two pieces of that puzzle, rather than all three.

- Donald Rumsfeld

- Coach

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:52 am
Minor Diety

Rummy is currently at the centre of my reasons for reviewing my ideological outlook on politics. I'm drifting away from "Democracy is Nationalism" and more towards "Democracy is Oligarchy".

Nationalism would imply that the chief benefactor is the nation. Oligarchy suggests that it is the few, which very much seemed to be the case with the Bush administration.

Let's hope Obama is a nationalist.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 am
Felix Rex

Obama is just more of the same. Nothing has changed. nothing ever changes. Hail to comrade Obama! :roll:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Robin Hood (2010):

Watched the first 20 minutes. Utterly boring to the point of being mildly painful.

No :jade: out of 5 i'm afraid. I can't find a single thing to credit it for.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:59 am
Minor Diety

Jeez, you're getting worse and worse. :lol:

Not even a hot girl? Or one cool action sequence? Nothing at all?

- Coach

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:19 am
Minor Diety

The action sequences are trying to be plausible but failing quite hard. Robin Hood (2010) makes Commando look like the prequel to Saving Private Ryan.

And no hot chicks. Cate Blanchett is Lady Marion. She looks good on the red carpet, but in decadent 12th century attire, she's most definitely negligible.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:19 am
Felix Rex

haha. He's on a downward spiral of :jade: !

btw, just to mildly contribute to the thread, there's a PKD movie coming out (The adjustment bureau) and a tv series in production (The man in the high castle).

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mmm interesting, I didn't know that! I can't say I remember reading that short story, but I've read so many of his short stories that I almost certainly must have. As for the series based on the Man in the High Castle...curious how they'll handle that. There's a lot of potential there, for sure, but I found that the tension of the story was in the showing of glimpses of "our" reality. I'm afraid they may turn it into a whole "parallel words travel thriller shooty" thing in a TV series.

My two cents: there's a TV series coming up based on the (amazing) graphic novel zombie epic The Walking Dead. Trailer!

Premieres on halloween apparently. Can't think of any other zombie series out there, so eagerly awaiting this. :)

- Coach

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:44 am
Felix Rex

yea, I heard about that. I'll watch it. I'm a bit disappointed in the 28 days later wake up in the hospital thing, but otherwise, I'm good for it.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

To be fair, the first issue of the graphic novel was published early 2003 while 28 days later came out at the end of 2002 - it's perfectly possible that it's a coincidence. :)

But I'll be sure to watch it myself. I kinda know the story already though so I hope it's still as entertaining to see it on the screen...one thing I can say, the graphic novels grabbed me by the nuts HARD.

- Coach

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 am
Felix Rex

yea, I hear you like that. Derf complains how his hand cramps up.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, he should practice more.

- Coach

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:41 pm
Minor Diety

Aight, enough Hollywood crap. Uganda keeps it real!

They gots Asians there too!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 53  Next