It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
I liked the Dark Knight a lot, but I will never get over the BS scene with the two ferries. I'd be pushing that button within the minute brah!

- Coach

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 am
Stranger

I bet the remotes were attached to the bomb inside their own ship, just for laughs.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 pm
Felix Rex

Was there some reason you couldn't hop off the boat and swim for the shore? I can't recall.

Watched A Perfect Getaway recently. Meh. Not horrible, not very good either.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/

Currently watching The Soloist. That movie is long. And surprisingly entertaining considering the subject matter is a mentally deranged hobo/musical genius
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0821642/

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Everyone should watch Team America again. :P

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 am
Minor Diety

I'm not sure if this is the right place exactly, but it beats starting a new thread.

Insidious.

Don't waste you time. It's an ok film, but banish any thoughts or rumours you heard that this is "the scariest film ever."

First, I should start by saying that I am on a personal voyage to find a film that actually scares me. Maybe I'm just a double hard bastard, but honestly I get bored by horrors, and they don't freak me out any more. The last film that scared me was "French Doors" which was a college/indie project that I saw when I was about 14 - and it was the catalyst that stopped me being scared of the dark.

But moving on.

The Good - They avoid the whole horror cliche of hiding the scary stuff in shadow. There are parts where you see clear as day what the enemy looks like.

The Mediocre - the plot. It was paper thin and was just a rip of every other horror film out there; especially a rip of Poltergeist.

The bad - the acting/direction left somewhat to be desired. It was clear that the director wanted to tell his story, but he did so in a very primitive manner. Shifty characters were over acting and the camera focussed to clearly on them, leading you to figure out the plot very early on. Also, the camera set up for the scares was way to obvious, and it relied way to much on cookie cutter scares. *build up of music* *lul in music* *scare*. Yaawwn.

The brilliant?

Only click if you have seen the film:
I normally notice most things in films, I figured out Fight Night from the begging, for example but I missed this. I did however notice it when I was watching this clip BEFORE it pointed it out to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7UUtLZ1Sgw

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

I watched "Gone Baby Gone". I liked the movie, especially the ending. It left a really good "I bet when you accepted this case you didn't think you would..." after thought.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:51 am
Stranger

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/

I watched Prince of Persia. Through the entire movie i felt the omg this going to end soon, this movie is not long enough.. so basically it is just awesome. Definitely at the top of my list on par with Pirates of the Caribbean: The curse of the black pearl. Luvd it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 am
Felix Rex

Wow, really? I thought it was horrible :P Ah well, to each their own.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea, i'm a total sucker for that kind of movies.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 am
Felix Rex

Fair enough... some of my favorite movies have other people concerned with my sanity. :roll:

This is only mildly related, but we signed up for a Netflix trial. Kinda disappointing, actually. I doubt I'll actually buy in once the trial is over. Too many limitations, not enough new movies. It's silly how blind Hollywood is to digital reality. I can spend $8/month and get a really limited and locked down list of content... or I can get HD content of any kind I want for free via bit torrent. And they wonder why p2p is whooping their asses.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Couldn't agree more. TV is very slow to jump on the revolution, even though they totally have the means to distribute by now. Imagine...Steam-like sales of films and series on a television digital distribution platform. BOOM! I wish I had the fucking money to finance that idea. We could be billionaires at the end of the trip. Probably be selling to google, which seems to be the fastest way to becoming one these days. :roll:

Even most of the PC landscape is still lagging behind by miles and miles to Valve and (not that it is a coherent scene) indie gaming. If you see EA's pathetic attempt at a DD platform and Blizzard's attempts to keep all its products in a sort of closed platform...ugh. To be fair on EA, at least they saw the writings on the wall. The rest of the industry is still in the planning phase.

Valve had a vision. In some ways, they changed the game entirely. I'm sure if it wasn't them someone else would have come along, but I sure wish I was Newell's long lost son who is still owed 18 years of overdue alimony now. :/

- Coach

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 am
Stranger

Quote:
Valve had a vision. In some ways, they changed the game entirely. I'm sure if it wasn't them someone else would have come along, but I sure wish I was Newell's long lost son who is still owed 18 years of overdue alimony now.

You do realize you would most likely end up killing yourself. It would start with the idea of not needing to get a job, that would lead to loss of necessity for self improvement, which would eventually lead to finding out that nobody gives a shit what you say or do because they only see the money speaking (as in: Its easy for you to say, you got rich over night, literally, you don't know anything about real life. And whatever life you had before this event would mean exactly nothing.), which would lead to loss of self respect which would lead to A) drinking - drugs - death; or B) You find something worth fighting for and you turn your life around. Most people would just skip to A though but seeing as you possess intelligence far above average i would say it would take some time before you reach suicidal thoughts. But still, most people would skip all the shenanigans and hit A pronto.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am
Felix Rex

Peltz has foreseen Ox's inevitable demise. Film at a 11.

The content companies are too stupid to jump on the digital thing while they still have a chance. When they do, it's DRM'd to shit. Which, imo, is still the biggest downfall of Steam.

Oh, jeez, this is the films topic. err...

Shiny and I watched the new Tron flick. It's not so bad, actually. It had a lot of nods to the original. The original is still better, imo, but the new one really wasn't all that bad.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, well...I don't think becoming insanely rich is necessarily a ticket to a spiral into depravity and depression. It all depends on the circumstances, and on the person in question and their entourage. I'm not saying I'd be able to manage, but there are enough people who become really really rich relatively quickly and at a young age and cope just fine - like Zuckerberg and Gates. I think a lot of people are unsuited to being really rich though, for example artists (musicians, actors, etc) often tend to be psychologically unstable from the bat, which surely isn't helped by becoming incredibly rich.

It probably also depends on whether you gradually gained your fortune (like expanding your business etc) or just went from nothing to Euromillions lottery winner. I like to think I would be able to handle it, but the truth is that I don't know.

- Coach

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 am
Stranger

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0924129/

Crossing Over.

I really liked this movie. Not sure if its based on real stories but i think it gives a good idea about the shit regarding work and living permits in the US. It has quite depressing undertone so watch according to your mood.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next