It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Stranger

Post Re: Good films..
Saw the latest Batman. Liked it. And Robert Pattison was actually believable. However there are some continuity issues. Like where does the suit go when he is riding his bike.

PS! my favorite continuity thing is right at the end of the movie. It's so obvious even sleeping people would notice it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:44 am
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Like where does the suit go when he is riding his bike.

Duh. In his BatPack :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Saw the latest Batman. Liked it. And Robert Pattison was actually believable. However there are some continuity issues. Like where does the suit go when he is riding his bike.

PS! my favorite continuity thing is right at the end of the movie. It's so obvious even sleeping people would notice it.

I still really want to see this but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hope it stays in cinemas for a little while longer.

Robert Pattinson has gone a long way from being a sparkly vampire teenage heartthrob (or a Harry Potter tween heartthrob haha).

- Coach

Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:59 am
Stranger

Watched the latest Ghost Buster movie. Quite enjoyed it. It's got a charming creepiness to it, kinda like the first one.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 13, 2022 2:39 pm
Felix Rex

Interesting. I didn't much care for it, though I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm actually shocked you liked it... you've seemed a bit jaded lately. :jade: :mrgreen:

I watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once yesterday. That movie is insane. I actually really liked it. It started off fairly tame (and boring) and then it goes from 0 to fucking nutballs in about 15 minutes. I recommend it, but just be prepared for pure insanity.

I watched The Northman today. It was ok. It could've been so much better, though it wasn't really bad or anything. I don't know... disappointing.

Sat May 21, 2022 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Any recommendations for survival films? Eg:

The road
The survivalist
Book of eli
Arctic
Quiet place 1/2
The grey
Martian

Probably not too keen on the zombie theme - as I’ve probably seen them all.

Anything spring to mind?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:40 pm
Stranger

I watched the Uncharted movie. Although fairly predictable and surprisingly weak villain, in general I liked it. Sometimes I felt like parts of the story were cut to make the film fit a preset length.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:57 pm
Minor Diety

derf wrote:
Any recommendations for survival films? Eg:

The road
The survivalist
Book of eli
Arctic
Quiet place 1/2
The grey
Martian

Probably not too keen on the zombie theme - as I’ve probably seen them all.

Anything spring to mind?

Touching the void is amazing. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/touching_the_void

You've probably seen 127 hours but mentioning it anyway https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/127_hours

Btw I watched the older movie The Prestige (with Jackman and Bale) and it was pretty good. I need to watch more modern movies though. :lol:

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 am
Felix Rex

Watched Dr. Strange into the Multiverse of Madness. It wasn't as crazy as I'd hoped, but it was still a pretty decent movie. Haven't actually watched any other movies recently.

Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Watched a couple of films when Dad was here.

The Lady in the Van is one I'd wanted to see for ages and was pretty good. Slightly odd and very touching in a "crazy old bitch" sort of way.

We also watched Legend. Amazing film. Hadn't really been interested in it but Dad wanted to see it so threw it on Netflix. Really, really enjoyed it and fantastically well done. Dad was completely unaware it's Tom Hardy playing both Krays. It was quite interesting watching it with him as he was a teenager when the Krays were around so he kept giving extra little details he'd read at the time.

Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Man, you were talking about Legend (2015) and I was thinking about Legend (1985). "Tom Hardy? You mean Tom Cruise?" :roll:

Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha there's not much difference between the two...

Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm so out of touch that I don't know either of the movies you're talking about :lol:

Legend isn't on Netflix in France, anyway. What kind of movie is it?

- Coach

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:57 pm
Minor Diety

The 2015 one I watched is a dramatised biopic of the Kray twins, the infamous London gangsters. So aggravating they split them by country. My parents are piggybacking off my account so they get English Netflix

Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
The 2015 one I watched is a dramatised biopic of the Kray twins, the infamous London gangsters. So aggravating they split them by country. My parents are piggybacking off my account so they get English Netflix

They do? I travel a lot between different countries and my catalogue changes (a little) depending on the country I'm in. I don't think the account settings determine what films and series you can see, but your geolocation. :(

It's mostly anoying when I want to watch the same film as my gf who lives in the UK, and we have to find the ones that are available in both France and the UK (and even then it might not be exactly the same cut). And we're sharing the same account.

- Coach

Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next