It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Good films.. 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Good films..
Watched a few movies recently

Hellraiser (2022) - It was ok. I think its biggest problem is that all of the protagonists are completely unlikable. It makes it difficult to care if/when one gets eviscerated. :mrgreen: Anyway, it's nothing super-awesome by any stretch of the imagination, but it's also not a movie I just turned off because of how bad it was.

Crimes of the Future - This is a David Cronenberg movie with all the things that entails. It's extremely strange and uncomfortable with some pretty serious body horror. However... the cinematography is really good. The lighting and colors are great. At first it's hard to tell wtf is going on but eventually it actually (mostly) makes sense. Assuming the whole body horror thing doesn't make it a hard pass for you, I'd recommend watching this movie.

Bullet Train - I actually liked this movie. It reminds me a lot of movies like Snatch for some reason, but it's definitely its own thing. It's not particularly deep or anything, but it's quite amusing at times. If you want a good popcorn flick, this might be the one.

Nothing else really on my radar right now. I'm cautiously curious about Black Adam, but the DC universe has a pretty horrible track record, so I may wait for some reviews to roll in.

Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

On netflix:

Movies:
Kate - decent, some subpar moments but overall watchable.
Blackout - subpar with occasional good scenes, nothing to write home about.

TV shows:
Taxi Driver (Korea) - Now this one I actually liked. The premise is silly, the characters are likeable, the fight scenes are average and of course some scenes are so bad that they are actually good bad. But for some unknown reason it kinda added up for me and I was actually looking forward to how it played out. And my god, is that the slowest garage door EVER. :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:53 am
Felix Rex

Hmm... the show Taxi Driver doesn't seem to be available in my region or something. Not showing in Netflix if I search for it. Sounded like something I could at least watch an episode or two of and see how it looks. Little bit of googling and yea, not available for me. I could get it via Amazon Prime, but only if I subscribe to something or other. Ah well. :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Crimes of the future sounds good, I do like me some Cronenburg creepiness. :)

I didn't really see many movies recently but I did end up watching Enola Holmes with my gf and it was a lot better than I expected. I think the sequel is coming out soon, too.

- Coach

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:29 pm
Stranger

Well the Enola Holmes 2 released on Netflix. Call me silly but I really liked this. I liked the first one as well. I think it's the sense of an adventure that's in these movies. In that way they remind me The Mummy series with Brendan Fraser.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:19 pm
Felix Rex

Oh man, I absolutely hated the Mummy. :mrgreen: I was eyeballing those movies recently and decided against it. Perhaps that was a mistake and I should give them a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I haven't seen 2 yet but the first Enola Holmes was pretty good indeed! It gets a bit preachy on the woke stuff at times but overall it's a really fun movie with good acting. The lead actress is perfect for the role and Henry Cavill plays her older brother Sherlock and is pretty cool as always. :P

- Coach

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:28 am
Felix Rex

We watched Black Adam. It was fine. I like antiheroes and all that, but in many ways it's just another cookie cutter superhero movie. Unfortunately for DC (and the Rock) it's not doing so well in theaters. We also tried watching Weird (the Weird Al biography that isn't a biography at all) and it's not very good. We didn't finish it. We may pick up watching it again at some point, but yea, not really worth it.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'd forgotten about Weird. The trailer looked quite funny. Definitely not a film I'd go out of my way financially to watch though. If it comes up on Netflix or on TV I might give it a go.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea... it goes out of its ways to try to be funny, but it's really not very funny in my opinion. Not like UHF (an actual weird al movie) which is a freaking masterpiece. :D

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Might have to try and dig UHF out then! Never seen that either. I do love his songs though :D

Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Watched Triple Frontier last week, with Affleck, Isaac and Pascal. Pretty good for Netflix movie with a pretty basic plot!

- Coach

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:19 am
Stranger

Not sure if you noticed there's a new resident evil movie on netflix. It's fairly ok for some 'nothing else on' watching. On the other hand they changed Leon Kennedy to some brown dude while at the same time they are re-releasing RE4 where Leon is a white dude. The film didn't come off as ragebait either. Must be that woke hollywood thing.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:36 pm
Minor Diety

The new Dungeons & Dragons movie is a ton of fun. You'd think it was gonna be shit but...it actually isn't. It's good. Very good even, for an action comedy blockbuster. :) Totally recommended

- Coach

Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:53 pm
Felix Rex

So weird to think there's a D&D movie that doesn't suck. I'll definitely catch this at some point.

Watched a few movies recently, some worth your time, some not. :roll:

Avatar: The Way of Water - It's just not very good. So derivative and predictable, so of course it makes billions of dollars. I don't know what to say.
Chronicle - I'd missed this movie when it came out. Basically about some friends in high school that acquire super powers. It's not mind-meltingly awesome or anything, but it's surprisingly good.
Cocaine Bear - I mentioned this in funny stuff, then watched it. Going into it expecting it to be terrible, it's actually not all that terrible. I mean, don't expect a good movie either, but it may be worth a watch (so long as you're ok with some gore).

Looks like it's been a while since I posted about movies I've watched. I think I'll leave it at that for sanity's sake.

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next